Dave Pericak speaks a bit about the Mustang's future

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Ya gotta come shop at Koons & Tedd Britt here in VA. It happens every fall.

For those that don't know, Northern Virginia is the cheapest place in the country to buy new Ford vehicles. Koons & Ted Britt (both massive volume dealers with multiple locations) do a lot of business where they either ship the vehicle to the customer, or the customer flies/drives here to pick the vehicle up.

When I bought my car last fall, the sales person was in the middle of a deal on an F-250 for a company back in Michigan, just outside of Detroit. The truck was being shipped to Michigan. It was substantially cheaper to buy the vehicle here, even with the shipping costs.
+1. Britt was where I was in the fall! And you are correct. I have always shopped East TN, but Britt was another world in terms of price. I negotiated my car via text message and the salesperson says it happens all the time. They also had a ton of fully loaded perf pack verts. Those are really hard to find in my area. They said they have so many foreign IT folks in the area that WANT an iconic american car that they keep them in stock. I am looking at getting into an Expedition next winter and so was chekcing local prices this year to compare them to Britt...It isn't even close. Same options for 10-15% less advertised up there. If I can work out a trade with reasonable expectation of it being accurate next winter I will be back up there.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
+1. Britt was where I was in the fall! And you are correct. I have always shopped East TN, but Britt was another world in terms of price. .....
I keep sharing the info here. Maybe sooner or later Britt & Koons will gift me a new Mustang for my efforts!!!:cwl::cwl:

There's been multiple posters here from California talking price, thinking $1K or $1.5K off sticker was a good deal.

That's very sad to hear.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
i
I keep sharing the info here. Maybe sooner or later Britt & Koons will gift me a new Mustang for my efforts!!!:cwl::cwl:

There's been multiple posters here from California talking price, thinking $1K or $1.5K off sticker was a good deal.

That's very sad to hear.
Its definitely a-lot harder to negotiate with california dealers thats for sure. Most people dont usually walk out paying $5k less OTD unlike what ive seen others in this thread walking out paying 7k+ less OTD. I got very lucky on my car when I bought it brand new in Oct 2017 and am only paying 264 a month on my base GT 60 months @ 0%

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
As long as the electric Mustang comes with a tampon dispenser than I am fine with it...……………:inspect:

Sponsored

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
He's a complete moron if he's concerned about European Mustang sales.

They're a lost cause, forget about them. Focus on who actually buys the car.
I am most certain he is nowhere near a "moron." If he wasn't concerned about Ford Performance's world wide sales, specifically those to the continent where auto racing was born, (Ford being the 5th largest auto maker in the world)... well, he wouldn't have a job. "Moron," really?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm stunned at the replies here of people paying interest on their loans.

Ya'll know Ford does 0% on Mustangs in the fall, right?
Not everybody gets 0%. Some take the incentives over 0%. Others can not get that rate. I got 0% on my 15 GT. On my 18 GT, didn't happen.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Millennials have had a shift in priorities just as generations did before us. Some will grow up, others won't. Some will be champions of society, capitalism, and morality. Others will be complete scum. Is what it is. It just so happens to be that information is now much much more readily available to ALL and words and ideas flow faster than action.

If generations before us had access to this much, they would have been a bunch of cocky smart asses too. 60's? Jayzus.......

As for me, look, I just want everyone to STOP SAYING MAGNARIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL, NOT "MAGNATIC" RIDE CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif
Does calling it MAGNARIDE void the warranty?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not everybody gets 0%. Some take the incentives over 0%. Others can not get that rate. I got 0% on my 15 GT. On my 18 GT, didn't happen.
There's....like.....several additional posts of mine in this thread addressing this topic.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I am most certain he is nowhere near a "moron." If he wasn't concerned about Ford Performance's world wide sales, specifically those to the continent where auto racing was born, (Ford being the 5th largest auto maker in the world)... well, he wouldn't have a job. "Moron," really?
Let's look at the US sales numbers over the last five years;

Calendar year US sales
2016 105,932
2017 81,866
2018 75,842
2019 72,489

And European sales over the same years;

Ford
Mustang

2016 15,204
2017 13,241
2018 9,851
2019 10,071

It looks like European sales are a pretty small percentage of total units sold.

So.....why is Ford continuing to worry about selling the car where they're banning ICEs? If they focused on making the car simply better, it would sell more here, and there'd be no need to worry about the Euro market.

Are Ford executives morons?

The company's stock hit a high of $42.45 a share in 1999, but is currently valued at $8.22. I think there was a time when Ford stock was a penny stock.....

Yes, they're morons. With their recent decision to stop production of passenger cars other than the Mustang, they're simply doing what other companies are doing. They don't lead, they don't innovate, they're short-sighted followers. They're best business plan right now? Get all the decision-making executives together. Brain-storm, debate, do the market research. Then, whatever the brain-trust at Ford figures out is the correct thing to do, do the exact opposite.

Screwing with the Mustang is just another example of this.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Let's look at the US sales numbers over the last five years;

Calendar year US sales
2016 105,932
2017 81,866
2018 75,842
2019 72,489

And European sales over the same years;

Ford
Mustang

2016 15,204
2017 13,241
2018 9,851
2019 10,071

It looks like European sales are a pretty small percentage of total units sold.

So.....why is Ford continuing to worry about selling the car where they're banning ICEs? If they focused on making the car simply better, it would sell more here, and there'd be no need to worry about the Euro market.

Are Ford executives morons?

The company's stock hit a high of $42.45 a share in 1999, but is currently valued at $8.22. I think there was a time when Ford stock was a penny stock.....

Yes, they're morons. With their recent decision to stop production of passenger cars other than the Mustang, they're simply doing what other companies are doing. They don't lead, they don't innovate, they're short-sighted followers. They're best business plan right now? Get all the decision-making executives together. Brain-storm, debate, do the market research. Then, whatever the brain-trust at Ford figures out is the correct thing to do, do the exact opposite.

Screwing with the Mustang is just another example of this.
Moron is a pretty strong word, but I agree with much of what you said.

Stopping production of cars - other companies have done that? I wasn't aware of it. I disagree that it was the right thing to do, but AFAIK Ford is leading by doing that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Moron is a pretty strong word, but I agree with much of what you said.

Stopping production of cars - other companies have done that? I wasn't aware of it. I disagree that it was the right thing to do, but AFAIK Ford is leading by doing that.
I was of the understanding the Chrysler and GM were doing essentially the same thing, stopping production of passenger cars.

ETA; Googling the topic, it looks that way.

Give me the reigns at Ford for 5 years, I'll have that company ruling the world. And all I'd do is simply the opposite of what is suggested to me.:cwl::cwl:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Give me the reigns at Ford for 5 years, I'll have that company ruling the world. And all I'd do is simply the opposite of what is suggested to me.
and fire that marketing asshot(s). Return the company to actual engineers who still know how to engineer. And while you're at it, assembly line workers gets docked for every screwup and failure to QA themselves and the QA guys get fined double for missing stuff. And executives make 25% as much as the assembly line.
Sponsored