Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
V

VA dealers must be very different from Maryland dealers because my experience has been the opposite even with excellent credit.
Between Koons and Ted Britt, they compete against each other hard and really offer the best deals. I've gotten 0% on my last 2 or 3 Mustangs. That really makes the deal so much better.
Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Between Koons and Ted Britt, they compete against each other hard and really offer the best deals. I've gotten 0% on my last 2 or 3 Mustangs. That really makes the deal so much better.
I got a screaming deal from Ted Britt Chantilly in Oct. Flew up from TN to get the car.

Car payment: $600/mo (assume high spec EB, low-spec GT, 5 years)
Insurance: $150/mo
Gas: $100mo (WAG and probably low)
$850/mo for transport. Buys you say 70 uber rides at $12 each.

Who's the dummy now? :)
You can pry the keys from my cold dead hands, though.
:)

I suspect one can save a ton of money vs dating or marriage with a blow-up doll. Of course, that assumes there is nothing more to the relationship than screwing. Also, if you want to travel out of your locality, Uber becomes problematic...even more so if you want to bring your inflated blow-up doll along.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
IDK about the dealerships you work with, but mine gave me around $7K+ off the car, every bit of my trade-in value (I had to stand-up and start to walk out, they initially offered far less), and 0% for 72 months. And FYI, only Toyota and Ford credit offer a true 0%, where the interest is built into the price of the car.

And I had bruised credit. Still, no problems. Easy peasy.

When did you buy your car if you don't mind me asking? I know Ted Britt and Koons both have the best prices in the area, and I got matched down to that, but couldn't get a good price combined with 0% (but this was in mid 2018). Would be great to know for my next FoMoCo purchase.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
When did you buy your car if you don't mind me asking? I know Ted Britt and Koons both have the best prices in the area, and I got matched down to that, but couldn't get a good price combined with 0% (but this was in mid 2018). Would be great to know for my next FoMoCo purchase.
Last October IIRC.

You gotta wait until they're advertising the 0% for 72 months, which they've done every fall when I've been shopping.

Earlier in the year they usually offer 0% for 36 months, so I just wait until the 0% for 72 months is offered. Gotta be patient, just wait until the fall.

Sales manager said he lost money selling me the car.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Last October IIRC.

You gotta wait until they're advertising the 0% for 72 months, which they've done every fall when I've been shopping.

Earlier in the year they usually offer 0% for 36 months, so I just wait until the 0% for 72 months is offered. Gotta be patient, just wait until the fall.

Sales manager said he lost money selling me the car.
0% for 72 ended in Sep. They did 0% for 36 in October. I waited too long and missed the 72, but I still got 2% and a lot more off the car in Oct than I would have in Sept. In Nov they were knocking a couple more thousands off than even in Oct.

Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
0% for 72 ended in Sep. They did 0% for 36 in October. I waited too long and missed the 72, but I still got 2% and a lot more off the car in Oct than I would have in Sept. In Nov they were knocking a couple more thousands off than even in Oct.

Wow, other than having to uninstall and reinstall my MGW, I may have been compelled to do that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah, might/must have been in September. I don't have my paper-work handy.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, might/must have been in September. I don't have my paper-work handy.
IIRC, it runs with the calendar, so would have been through Sept 30. If it isn't that, it runs VERY close to the calendar month and changes on a specific day of the week (Sun?). I bought on Oct 4, and missed it.

I wouldn't have traded the fun I had in October with it for the couple thousand I would have saved in Nov, though :)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
IIRC, it runs with the calendar, so would have been through Sept 30. If it isn't that, it runs VERY close to the calendar month and changes on a specific day of the week (Sun?).
Something like that. I just hawk the dealership's website each morning when I'm jonesing for a new car, and boogey over there when the 0% for 72 months is advertised.

I've done so well over my last three purchases, that each time I go to get a new one, my trade-in value versus what I owe goes up each time. This last time I had $7K in positive equity in the 2016 car when I traded it in.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Depending on the money down and cash incentives, which is either/or, 0% isn't always the best option. You can also do better on the OTD in the winter.
The only incentive I lost going with the 0% for 72 months, was IIRC some random $500 thing. That's well worth it.

Ford does offer a true 0% financing.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. Didn't work out for me, I got 2% with a lower OTD which saved money over the 0%.
It is pretty rare to see 0% for 72 AND boatloads of discounts at the same time. The last time it happened for me was during "Recovery Summer". It can happen, but usually there is a lot of other misery that kills the buzz.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
LOL how will the Mustang make younger buyers "feel". :giggle:Im so glad I won't be around in another 30 years. When we are doing everything based on some kids feelings.:explode:
Don't get me wrong, I think your post is funny and I like it.

But for me I absolutely buy a car for how it makes me feel. Performance numbers are a lot less important. Don't get me wrong, I like a car to be quick. But if it's quick and boring I'm not interested.

Hopefully future Mustangs will please both of us. I want to retain the manual shift and gas engine even if an electric option is faster. And I might not want hybrid assist because a heavier car doesn't provide as good of a feel as a lighter one does. Doesn't matter if the hybrid is faster.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It is pretty rare to see 0% for 72 AND boatloads of discounts at the same time.....
Ya gotta come shop at Koons & Tedd Britt here in VA. It happens every fall.

For those that don't know, Northern Virginia is the cheapest place in the country to buy new Ford vehicles. Koons & Ted Britt (both massive volume dealers with multiple locations) do a lot of business where they either ship the vehicle to the customer, or the customer flies/drives here to pick the vehicle up.

When I bought my car last fall, the sales person was in the middle of a deal on an F-250 for a company back in Michigan, just outside of Detroit. The truck was being shipped to Michigan. It was substantially cheaper to buy the vehicle here, even with the shipping costs.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Car payment: $600/mo (assume high spec EB, low-spec GT, 5 years)
Insurance: $150/mo
Gas: $100mo (WAG and probably low)
$850/mo for transport. Buys you say 70 uber rides at $12 each.

Who's the dummy now? :)
You can pry the keys from my cold dead hands, though.
The uber being cheaper thing depends on a lot of variables.

I am 33. A lot of my friends once they got jobs out of college barely any of them had a car. Most them lived in the city(Chicago) because that's where their jobs were, so owning a car in the city doesn't really make sense. So they ubered everywhere. Some of them could even expense it to their companies instead of getting a car.

Parking in Chicago is insanely expensive or you park on the street. Hell one buddy who did have a car, his parking spot in a garage was $300 a month
Sponsored