Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick search in google revealed that the kit can be had for 400

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-bumper-repair-jr3z17n775a

I also had my previous track pack done at the dealership, and it came good ; in over a year time (until I sold it after the repair) did not sag anymore... My R now looks like it needs it done, started widening the gap on right hand side.
I would not pay hundreds just for this... I would take the bumper down myself and do the fix as documented by @galaxy .

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Just want to make sure if this is normal for 2019 GT350 before I complain to dealer?
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Just want to make sure if this is normal for 2019 GT350 before I complain to dealer?
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
Thats really one of the better ones. Your not gonna get any better than that. Its that narrow horizontal edge by the taillight that everyone has the gap. You can usually see part of the plastic tab between the the gap. Personally I wish both my 16 and 17 would have looked that good.

Deleted member 37397

Pardon the stupid question, I havenā€™t found any how toā€™s removing the rear bumper. Anyone point me in that direction?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dr. JL

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Pardon the stupid question, I havenā€™t found any how toā€™s removing the rear bumper. Anyone point me in that direction?
Get a copy of the TSB from Ford. It has the procedure.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
That's really one of the better ones. Your not gonna get any better than that. Its that narrow horizontal edge by the taillight that everyone has the gap. You can usually see part of the plastic tab between the the gap. Personally I wish both my 16 and 17 would have looked that good.
Thanks! Also, I noted that on the bumper (I checked five GT350s) there is sort of clear film, kind of like PPF. But it's visible on the white cars more than on dark color cars. On the pic there's a line where this film ends. I showed this to my dealer, who's submit this to Ford. Ford then authorized to fix this. But after discussing the fix with body shop manager, I opt it out. He said to fix this a whole bumper need to be refinished and repainted. I decide to keep an original. But, IMO $65K car should be better build inside/out. Of course I forgot about all this when I drive GT350.
IMG_0344.jpg

Last edited:

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Seems like an awful lot of trouble to make a marginal difference in the gap, and in some cases, it comes back. Iā€™d leave it if I had this issue. Iā€™m also used to the fit and finish of older Mustangs so things like this wouldnā€™t bother me

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Thanks! Also, I noted that on the bumper (I checked five GT350s) there is sort of clear film, kind of like PPF. But it's visible on the white cars more than on dark color cars. On the pic there's a line where this film ends. I showed this to my dealer, who's submit this to Ford. Ford then authorized to fix this. But after discussing the fix with body shop manager, I opt it out. He said to fix this a whole bumper need to be refinished and repainted. I decide to keep an original. But, IMO $65K car should be better build inside/out. Of course I forgot about all this when I drive GT350.
IMG_0344.jpg
Yea with as good as your seams are where most get gaps I'd leave it alone also. My 16 had a scuff mark from delivery they said they'd have to repaint the rear fascia and put new stripes on it. At first I declined but in my case I knew the owner of the body shop they use and his quality of good work so I gave in. When they got done the paint was an exact match whether looked at in sunlight or shade and stripes perfect. So a reputable body shop can make it look as good as new. But even after taking fascia off and back on I still had the gap bad (that was before the kit came out from Ford) But if my gap seams looked as good as yours I'd lived with the scuff in fear of them screwing up the seam and making it have a gap.

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
That means you owners of cars titled after Feb 17, and made on or before 26 Feb 18
lulz... my 2019 has a ridiculous gap, but I donā€™t trust them to not screw it up even worse than it is because it looks like they tried fixing it before line-haul.

And a 3/16 to 1/4 inch gap where the two seams meet the taillight is not ā€œmarginalā€.