Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like they're expecting the ADM honestly, I remember when it was first announced there were articles about how dealers were being told not to advertise prices below MSRP, don't remember anything about sticking to the MSRP or losing future allocations so seems like a win win for the dealers!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Normal. Standard.

Been that way since forever.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Yes, nothing like paying extra sales tax on the ADM / dealer's profit markup....not me!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, go ahead and pay ADM on that first year electric nightmare made by Ford. I'll sit back and laugh from my Mustang.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I would never pay ADM on anything ever. I don't care what it is.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So don't buy the abomination that is the Mustang MACH-E.

I wouldn't pay ADM on a GT500. And if you gave me a MACH-E for half price, I would just flip it or give it to my mother or niece.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I mean, that's IF there is a demand for the car. lol

You guys aren't "one factory in CA startup" right , barring some unexpected sales hit I think those that want one can and will get one...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

You guys aren't "one factory in CA startup" right , barring some unexpected sales hit I think those that want one can and will get one...
Top trim was reportedly sold out early on, not sure how many they were making but it's the same as many other "performance" car releases where the early adopters get hit with ADM. GT350, GT500, C8, Type R...

Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV

I think this Mach-E will be more popular than us enthusiasts would care to admit. Everyone is buying crossovers. Ford has basically ditched cars in the US to focus solely on crossovers. And EVs are the other hot button. And buyers can cash in on that tax credit from the gov't.

Something tells me Ford will sell every one they can make.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think this Mach-E will be more popular than us enthusiasts would care to admit. Everyone is buying crossovers. Ford has basically ditched cars in the US to focus solely on crossovers. And EVs are the other hot button. And buyers can cash in on that tax credit from the gov't.

Something tells me Ford will sell every one they can make.
I think you're 100% right. Ford says they now have over 40,000 reservations in all 50 states.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
ADM on a golf cart. No way. ADM on anything. No way.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
ADM on a golf cart. No way. ADM on anything. No way.
This makes me laugh for some reason......Maybe because I live in SC and golf carts are EVERYWHERE....except on the golf courses! It quite ridiculous really.....people ride around in them all day in all of the neighborhoods, back roads......etc

I'm in the camp of they should of never referred the MACH E as a mustang especially if there will indeed be a Mach 1 in 2021 which I will buy but that's for a different thread. You know there will be some dealers putting ADM's on these especially the top of the line limited edition ones because well you know people just HAVE to be the first on the block. I like others will never pay an ADM either on anything. I have learned over 30 years of car buying that your favorite car whatever is will eventually come around if you are just patient....look at the bullitt's which is the most recent example. Dealers down here had ADM's all over them for a while....now a whole bunch of them are just sitting on the same lots for up to 7K under sticker.....lol

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I cannot imagine paying more sales tax on a dealer's profit ADM. That is just nuts. And Ford and GMs track record on all new technology is pretty sad especially for those early adopters. Sit back and watch the fun....mechanical issues, tech issues. battery fires, and more!
Sponsored