OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I've been watching these forums a LONG time (both this one and the 'other' one), and I have yet to see a case of an Ecoboom on an FP tune. Have you? Honestly curious.
I've read about a couple, 15 and 16 model years blowing on the Ford perf tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If you could link, I'd be much obliged. If not, no worries. Thanks.
They are older, you would have to search. I'm not doing that for you. I was just simply informing you that I have seen such threads posted

Deleted member

I would not have blamed that on the tune.
Eco's have blown on stock, fp and pro tunes. It's not a platform that can be neglected or abused, they can all blow under the right circumstances, and the right circumstances can be achieved on any of said tunes.

Sponsored

gatornek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Eco's have blown on stock, fp and pro tunes. It's not a platform that can be neglected or abused, they can all blow under the right circumstances, and the right circumstances can be achieved on any of said tunes.
Agreed. But just about every Ecoboom I've actually read about has been a custom tune or 'advanced' canned tune. I think I may have read 2 documented cases of stock Eco's and that can easily be attributed to being factory lemons just as much as anything else. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't think I agree with "one being as susceptible" . Maybe its simply a reasoning fallacy since the only people reporting on these forums are usually being "modders" and "racers" so hence, you're going to get an inordinate amount of custom tunes to begin with? But idk man, I have yet to read a legitimate account of the FP tune going Ecoboom. And that sways my perception big time on this subject.

They are older, you would have to search. I'm not doing that for you. I was just simply informing you that I have seen such threads posted
Like I said, "no worries", so don't mind me if I bristle at your insinuation that I might be being lazy. But to be fair, my question was specifically posed to @turbotigger604 whom I know from the 'other' forum and know that he's a knowledgeable dude.....not to you.

I figured if you wanted to chime in, maybe you could help sway me. I wouldn't go searching for that, cuz its a waste of time...because no legitimate account exists as far as I know. I did that same research 3 years ago when I first slapped on the FP tune. I think you might be referencing some post about some guy whose issues didn't even nearly begin with his tune.

But I've been known to be proven wrong before. I don't mind eating crow but you gotta serve it cold.

Deleted member

Agreed. But just about every Ecoboom I've actually read about has been a custom tune or 'advanced' canned tune. I think I may have read 2 documented cases of stock Eco's and that can easily be attributed to being factory lemons just as much as anything else. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't think I agree with "one being as susceptible" . Maybe its simply a reasoning fallacy since the only people reporting on these forums are usually being "modders" and "racers" so hence, you're going to get an inordinate amount of custom tunes to begin with? But idk man, I have yet to read a legitimate account of the FP tune going Ecoboom. And that sways my perception big time on this subject.

Like I said, "no worries", so don't mind me if I bristle at your insinuation that I might be being lazy. But to be fair, my question was specifically posed to @turbotigger604 whom I know from the 'other' forum and know that he's a knowledgeable dude.....not to you.

I figured if you wanted to chime in, maybe you could help sway me. I wouldn't go searching for that, cuz its a waste of time...because no legitimate account exists as far as I know. I did that same research 3 years ago when I first slapped on the FP tune. I think you might be referencing some post about some guy whose issues didn't even nearly begin with his tune.

But I've been known to be proven wrong before. I don't mind eating crow but you gotta serve it cold.
I can see where you're coming from for sure, and I could agree with both sides. I think you are correct about forums being more populated with modders and guys who are pushing the car farther than your average eco owner. So it makes me wonder how many blown eco's of stock drivers who don't even know what a forum is or vice versa, modded guys who didn't want to admit they blew their motor.

In my opinion and that's all it is, is that these motors can blow for a variety of reasons if abused or neglected.

Appreciate the kind words above, I don't claim to be an expert by any means, just a long time eco owner whose gone through several short blocks/tuners/setups :beer:

gatornek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I can see where you're coming from for sure, and I could agree with both sides. I think you are correct about forums being more populated with modders and guys who are pushing the car farther than your average eco owner. So it makes me wonder how many blown eco's of stock drivers who don't even know what a forum is or vice versa, modded guys who didn't want to admit they blew their motor.

In my opinion and that's all it is, is that these motors can blow for a variety of reasons if abused or neglected.

Appreciate the kind words above, I don't claim to be an expert by any means, just a long time eco owner whose gone through several short blocks/tuners/setups :beer:
I don't think I ever disagreed with anything you've posted. This was the first. Which is why I highlighted an old thread as I was reading through it. Cheers bro.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
is the stock wastegate actuator okay for a tune/stock turbo?

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm curious, what has everyone's legit 0-60 been with the A10 in sport mode and the 2018+ FPP tune? Just curious in how it compares versus getting the new HPP Ecoboost. A 4.5 0 to 60 time is impressive.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious, what has everyone's legit 0-60 been with the A10 in sport mode and the 2018+ FPP tune? Just curious in how it compares versus getting the new HPP Ecoboost. A 4.5 0 to 60 time is impressive.
I would have to assume...

an 18 eco with an upgraded $300-400 intercooler FMIC + FP or protune would be equally as fast as the HPP for like 700-900 bucks. (ford tune 450sh) and protune is 600sh if I recall, then canned tunes are cheaper. I would go FP over a standard can tune, and a protune over FP if you want optimal power.

the HPP does have a slightly. bigger turbo, and different block and has higher potential imo. but, stock is equal to a tuned eco with intercooler. I'd rather have the tuned FP with intercooler myself and save thousands. Toss 1200 worth of Steeda suspension and springs, and maybe 300 bucks for a GT brake kit and you are golden, far superior handling car id have to assume than the stock HIPO eco

I personally did just that on my 17. Full Steeda sways/springs/struts/shocks. 1400 bucks or so, 300 dollar CPE intercooler, 500 FP tune (sold the CAI for 250 bucks) so 250 for tune and 80 for install at ford for the flash. 275 dollars for full GT brakes and rotors, She handles like a damn champ and stops on a dime.

Deleted member

the HPP does have a slightly. bigger turbo, and different block and has higher potential imo. but, stock is equal to a tuned eco with intercooler.
The hpp doesn't come with a different block than the standard eco, it's still open deck and has paper thin material on the turbo side between cylinders 2 and 3.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hello Cardude99, I can hook you up with a Lund Racing custom email tune and Nguage setup here from @LethalPerformance! If you have any questions or are interested shoot me a message and i'll take great care of you! -Andrew

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member

I was under impression its the same black as the focus RS, just turned and shoved into our engine bay.
This was a rumor that the RS block was somehow different, the 2.3 ecoboost uses the same block design/materials across Fords lineup. The motor in our cars still has the mounting points to be put in a FWD car.

The differences between the RS/HPP and a standard eco mustang are:
53mm compressor wheel vs 50mm
Slightly more aggressive cams
better intercooler
different tune

Other than that the motors are identical, the blocks are still the weak point and no 2.3 eco has a block that is superior to the others.
Sponsored