Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Not to track spec, sparky

That's why the handling package has factory track camber plates
I think he’s talking about the C8 , not the gt500 with handling package
Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Simple then....post the times without the adjustment, right?
Why? If your doing a track test, your going to have it in track alignment. Plus the review showed the difference between street and track and it was 1.77 sec. what more do you need.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
What kind of logic is that? A STOCK BASE GT500 was compared to a C8 with a track spec alignment done by GM engineers....Why not compare stock for stock? Ford engineers didn't put a Whipple or Fathouse turbo kit on the GT350 when it was compared to an AlphaMaro, right?

Yes it needs to be brought to attention so that people know it's really about a 5-6 second difference between the 2...SMFH....
It is stock. Forget about the comparison, forget about the gt500, the point is people were calling it not stock which is insane and flat out fanboy tactics. I never even hinted that I thought the c8 z51 was as fast as the gt500 it’s not. However being in track alignment has nothing whatsoever to do with stock. Not on street settings yes. All the fastest track times are on track settings, zl1, corvette, gt500, viper and on and on. I was just pointing out how silly it is to call track settings on a car designed with them not stock.

If you think so than almost every record at almost every track is not stock.

I don’t think you do think so and by all means put both cars in track alignment.

By the way I read the c8 z51 put up a 729.9 sec time at the ring.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
It is stock. Forget about the comparison, forget about the gt500, the point is people were calling it not stock which is insane and flat out fanboy tactics. I never even hinted that I thought the c8 z51 was as fast as the gt500 it’s not. However being in track alignment has nothing whatsoever to do with stock. Not on street settings yes. All the fastest track times are on track settings, zl1, corvette, gt500, viper and on and on. I was just pointing out how silly it is to call track settings on a car designed with them not stock.

If you think so than almost every record at almost every track is not stock.

I don’t think you do think so and by all means put both cars in track alignment.

By the way I read the c8 z51 put up a 729.9 sec time at the ring.
The base GT500 is not adjustable if I'm not mistaken....so they should have compared the C8Z51 to a CFTP.....right?

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Sorry for not keeping up, is the CFTP adjustable?
Yes, it comes with adjustable strut mounts.

For me a car is "stock" in its as delivered condition. Once you start adjusting stuff it's just varying degrees of modified.

Is a Fox 5.0 stock once you set the timing to 14deg?

If it's ok to change suspension settings and claim the car is stock why is it no longer stock if you change ECU settings?

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Thanks guys. Personally, I don't care if it's stock or not. I'm just looking for factory backed adjustments that make me faster. :)

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
Yes, it comes with adjustable strut mounts.

For me a car is "stock" in its as delivered condition. Once you start adjusting stuff it's just varying degrees of modified.

Is a Fox 5.0 stock once you set the timing to 14deg?

If it's ok to change suspension settings and claim the car is stock why is it no longer stock if you change ECU settings?
If you have to use aftermarket parts in order to adjust things, sure. If these adjustments are provided by the manufacturer and documented in the user manual, then they are, in fact, stock.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
CFTP and base with handling package have adjustable camber plates .
Base, at this point, isn't coming with plates (in a box and not installed, ala the CFTP cars). Those with Base cars that actually had their dealer give them plates were being given plates that were actually earmarked for certain GT350's.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Base, at this point, isn't coming with plates (in a box and not installed, ala the CFTP cars). Those with Base cars that actually had their dealer give them plates were being given plates that were actually earmarked for certain GT350's.
Correct, I was given an unclaimed set today. He said if there ever is a kit delivered for me, he will give me them as well. The mystery continues.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
The base GT500 is not adjustable if I'm not mistaken....so they should have compared the C8Z51 to a CFTP.....right?
You must be talking about a different article, the GT500 vs c8 comparo that motor trend did on VIR did feature a CFTP gt500 as well as a base one, are you talking about a different test?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
What aftermarket parts? The car can be aligned like that as it comes from the showroom floor.
Not to track spec, sparky

That's why the handling package has factory track camber plates
I think mJolnir is talking about C8 and Tomster is talking about GT500. C8 comes with all the parts required for making the camber adjustment. For GT500 I don’t know one way or the other.

Here’s info on the C8 adjustability. TLDR...no additional parts are needed. Alignment tools, yes, parts, no.

From a Hagerty review in Oct. 2019....

For starters, it is quite possible that Chevy engineers designed the C8 to exhibit understeer as a way to prevent newcomers to the rear mid-engine layout from spinning their cars. (Keep in mind, this is not terribly unusual for an “as delivered” alignment for many vehicles.) That said, while the standard alignment might be a little pushy for some, the new Corvette’s adjustability makes it possible to dial in the car’s behavior to suit your preferred driving style......

....When it comes to their suspension Corvettes have traditionally been highly adjustable right from the factory. Recent generations have allowed simple adjustments to toe and camber, as well as height (to an extent).

Camber on the C7 is easily adjustable, given that the upper control arms on the front and the rear feature dog bones going through their bushings that are attached to the chassis with shims. That means a simple camber change can be performed by adding or removing these shims.....The 2020 Corvette picks up a lot of suspension tricks from the C7, including the shims on the upper control arms and the eccentric bolts on the lowers.......

Making such adjustments would require a set of alignment tools, but it would not require any aftermarket links, sleeves, or camber plates. There appears to be a wide enough range of adjustments built into the car to significantly alter and dial in how it reacts on track.

From an OEM standpoint, this flexibility is revolutionary. It shows that Chevy wants the C8 Corvette to be taken to the track and put to work appropriately.
If I had to pick nits, Chevy could have installed studs instead of bolts for those upper control arm dog bones, preventing having to touch the threads inside the chassis each time that a camber adjustment is made. Just a thought.

Full article with suspension photos —> https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...n-adjustability-is-a-dream-for-track-hopefuls

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am incredulous that all Shelby cars don't come with factory installed camber plates. There is just no excuse for not doing so. They might not be the best plates possible (ie. only go up to 2.7 deg). GM clearly is serous about their 'track' capabilities that they even made it trivial to go back and forth between street and track settings by removing one bolt, and just turning the thing 180 degrees. Again, the track setting may not be perfect or go far enough for a purist, but it's probably good enough for 90% of the use cases. Yet another senseless opportunity missed.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
so its ok to listen when the throttle house guys say that the gt500 tires are cooked, but not when the edmund guys say they cant get traction because its too cold?
Too cold didnt apply to the 500?

Jesus.. your really reaching for a W man..
Sponsored