Spectre71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Odd situation that I am having trouble finding a solid answer for. Purchased a used 2018 Ecoboost. Love the car, but during a wash, i noticed that the spot above the license plate is missing the exterior trunk release button. This eco has the 101 A equipment group with the perimeter and passive alarm according to the window sticker I pulled up, is this an equipment option to have the exterior button delete? Currently it's just an open square hole above the license plate where the trunk release button should be. I'm wondering if I need to take it to the dealer and have it added or replaced, but I cant think of a situation where it would have been purposefully removed. The carfax has no reported accidents for the VIN, so I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I've had 3 s550s and they've all had that button. Ask the dealer?

Deleted member 35644

It definitely should be there, it's just a question of whether it fell off, someone stole it, or the factory forgot it. I've never really paid attention to how it attaches, but is it possible it got pushed up inside the bumper cover, and then fell away, and it's still dangling inside?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If I read you post correctly all you have is an open hole where the button should be?
That's definitely not right. Even if that trim level deleted that feature Ford would have filled it with a blank plastic square. They never would have left an open hole in that location.
Is the car still in warranty?
Did you purchase from a dealer?
Personally, I'd be contacting the seller and asking some pointed questions.

OP
OP
Spectre71

Spectre71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If I read you post correctly all you have is an open hole where the button should be?
That's definitely not right. Even if that trim level deleted that feature Ford would have filled it with a blank plastic square. They never would have left an open hole in that location.
Is the car still in warranty?
Did you purchase from a dealer?
Personally, I'd be contacting the seller and asking some pointed questions.
I certainly plan to tomorrow. I called the dealer and he did say that some trim levels or options may have it removed, but I find that hard to believe. Cat is still under factory warranty. I purchased through Carvana however, but so far any claims I have had have been dealt with quickly and totally.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
he did say that some trim levels or options may have it removed,
That would be a hard no. It was there when the car was built. As was said before the empty hole is a dead giveaway. Ford warranty may not cover this but Carvana should.
Sponsored