H-Pipe recommendations?

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If i could figure out how to upload videos to this site I'd record mine I've had the h pipe on for a few weeks now it sounds great but I've honestly only heard it from inside the car
Upload to Youtube and link it.
Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I've had no issues with my Lethal Performance H-pipe after a couple of years. I've since added a Corsa touring axle back with it to step it up again.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Rather than buy one - just go to a local custom muffler shop and have them delete the resonator and make you an H-Pipe. I did that and it cost less than $200.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I've had no issues with my Lethal Performance H-pipe after a couple of years. I've since added a Corsa touring axle back with it to step it up again.
I do believe this is all about the BULLITT and adding the H-Pipe........do you have one???

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I do believe this is all about the BULLITT and adding the H-Pipe........do you have one???
Same car nothing different for exhaust sound with the Bullitt vs a GT.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Same car nothing different for exhaust sound with the Bullitt vs a GT.
I believe the only difference is in the muffler. It is noticeably deeper stock vs stock. I had them side by side at a dealer. A few people do reviews of them online as well. I think ratti is the guys name and you can definitely hear the difference between Gt and Bullitt.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK....if you say so !!
I don't say so the motor in the car does. You do know you have the same motor as a GT right? All that is different is some tuning and a CAI. The Bullitt and the GT both have the Coyote.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I don't say so the motor in the car does. You do know you have the same motor as a GT right? All that is different is some tuning and a CAI. The Bullitt and the GT both have the Coyote.
Yes the motor is the same, different intake manifold, throttle body, cold air, tuning, and EXHAUST.
I’m unsure why you are so stubborn that the Bullitt couldn’t possibly sound different lol

Just because I’m a nice guy. Skip to the 10 minute mark and listen to both. If you still say they sound the same... I’m not sure what to tell you.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Nate... see #24 at the 10 min mark!! Also, we’re guessing you didn’t know about the differences with our engines!!
Also...just to stir your pot some more.......a “Motor” is electric .., ie starter motor !!.....an “Engine” burns or consumes fuel.. !! .. pls do some research and get back to us !! Unless of course you already have one of those Mach-E’s ??? Then you would have a motor and we would have an engine!!

Motor and engine are interchangeable in standard English.[4] In some engineering jargons, the two words have different meanings, in which engine is a device that burns or otherwise consumes fuel, changing its chemical composition, and a motor is a device driven by electricity, air, or hydraulic pressure, which does not change the chemical composition of its energy source.[5][6] However, rocketry uses the term rocket motor, even though they consume fuel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nate... see #24 at the 10 min mark!! Also, we’re guessing you didn’t know about the differences with our engines!!
Also...just to stir your pot some more.......a “Motor” is electric .., ie starter motor !!.....an “Engine” burns or consumes fuel.. !! .. pls do some research and get back to us !! Unless of course you already have one of those Mach-E’s ??? Then you would have a motor and we would have an engine!!

Motor and engine are interchangeable in standard English.[4] In some engineering jargons, the two words have different meanings, in which engine is a device that burns or otherwise consumes fuel, changing its chemical composition, and a motor is a device driven by electricity, air, or hydraulic pressure, which does not change the chemical composition of its energy source.[5][6] However, rocketry uses the term rocket motor, even though they consume fuel.
I do know there are differences with the motor but for sound, tuning or a CIA wouldn't matter (I have a CAI and tune and it didnt change the exhaust note), nor would the intake or TB matter. What is different about it besides if it has the active exhaust that would change the exhaust note? I get this is the internet and whenever someone is wrong they have serious hard times dealing with it. I am not that way, I would honestly like to know when I am wrong and learn to be correct. Please by all means tell me what changes the sound of the exhaust note besides the active exhaust option.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I do know there are differences with the motor but for sound, tuning or a CIA wouldn't matter (I have a CAI and tune and it didnt change the exhaust note), nor would the intake or TB matter. What is different about it besides if it has the active exhaust that would change the exhaust note? I get this is the internet and whenever someone is wrong they have serious hard times dealing with it. I am not that way, I would honestly like to know when I am wrong and learn to be correct. Please by all means tell me what changes the sound of the exhaust note besides the active exhaust option.

Im not sure how else to say that the Bullitt has different mufflers.
Regular Gt active exhaust
Bullitt active exhaust.
The headers and resonators are exactly the same the rear section mufflers are different.

“edit” in regards to the h-pipe original post. It does sound different than a regular Gt with active due to the mufflers being different. that is why it was asked the way it was.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I just recently added a Steeda H-pipe, just terrific fabrication on it, stainless, comes with high quality clamps (for the rear, fronts are simply reused), and they do an additional little cross brace (with their logo, pretty neat), that probably helps to reduce some stress on the H section itself. If you can score a good deal on one (by way of their occasional sales), and have a decent local shop, it's about $200 for the part and install (or $60-ish less if you DIY).

It keeps the deep, muscle car tone, I've got a tuned '19, PP, A10 car with AE, and the different loudness settings still provide the gap in sound level they did stock, but just amped up at each level - and Quiet mode / Quiet start, it still pretty, umm, quiet :D No drone that I could tell, I'm in a convertible, with a roof that stays down 98% of the time (it's been mid-upper 60s, tipping into the 70s, it was __81__ on Friday), but I tested at ~70 with the roof up, and in Normal, there was almost no exhaust sound cruise in 10th. :)

Even with the slight tone differences, I'm sure it would be excellent for use on a Bullitt as well.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im not sure how else to say that the Bullitt has different mufflers.
Regular Gt active exhaust
Bullitt active exhaust.
The headers and resonators are exactly the same the rear section mufflers are different.

“edit” in regards to the h-pipe original post. It does sound different than a regular Gt with active due to the mufflers being different. that is why it was asked the way it was.
Awesome I learned something new, thank you for letting me know. I was unable to locate anything besides talk of them being different, but nothing concrete. From what I have seen everybody is saying the part numbers for the GT muffler and Bullitt mufflers are the same (admittedly I have not researched this yet). From what I have been able to find out is that it has the active sound that the eco-boost has in it (exhaust sound through speakers). Do you have the different muffler part numbers for the GT vs the Bullitt, not the active mufflers?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Awesome I learned something new, thank you for letting me know. I was unable to locate anything besides talk of them being different, but nothing concrete. From what I have seen everybody is saying the part numbers for the GT muffler and Bullitt mufflers are the same (admittedly I have not researched this yet). From what I have been able to find out is that it has the active sound that the eco-boost has in it (exhaust sound through speakers). Do you have the different muffler part numbers for the GT vs the Bullitt, not the active mufflers?

There is not an option for passive exhaust on the Bullitt. So the only one would be the active.

I remembered reading this when the Bullitt was first released. It says retuned so I’m not sure what all is different on the guts of them.
I’m sure someone has the know how to find all the parts numbers somewhere.

“The Mustang BULLITT will share the same standard equipment as the Mustang GT Premium and the GT Performance Package. Active valve performance exhaust system is standard with new Black NitroPlate™ exhaust tips, and it is retuned to give the car a signature burble”
Sponsored