Mod friendly dealer in MO

Royal_crimson_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
I have a fully built 18 EcoBoost (built motor and fbo) with 26,xxx miles. The trans pops out of 2nd under a load. I have all other gears with no weird feeling or sounds. Anyone have an idea on a good dealer in or around SW Missouri that will warranty without giving me all sorts of problems? It does have the stock clutch and flywheel
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have a fully built 18 EcoBoost (built motor and fbo) with 26,xxx miles. The trans pops out of 2nd under a load. I have all other gears with no weird feeling or sounds. Anyone have an idea on a good dealer in or around SW Missouri that will warranty without giving me all sorts of problems? It does have the stock clutch and flywheel
Nobody can guarantee that for you. Chances are they won't cover that work under warranty because of all the mods. Also, you have to realize a dealer may help a close friend or family member and not help a stranger when it comes to these things. You took on the risk when you modded the car that something might happen and the dealership wouldn't cover it so your pockets would have to. Sorry dude, your chances are slim of getting work on that thing under warranty.

OP
OP

Royal_crimson_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Nobody can guarantee that for you. Chances are they won't cover that work under warranty because of all the mods. Also, you have to realize a dealer may help a close friend or family member and not help a stranger when it comes to these things. You took on the risk when you modded the car that something might happen and the dealership wouldn't cover it so your pockets would have to. Sorry dude, your chances are slim of getting work on that thing under warranty.

From my understanding, powertrain and drivetrain warranties are different but somewhat related. They'd also have to prove that the mods caused the issue. And being that the mt82 has had many issues, it would be hard to prove. I planned on returning most mods back to stock... at least all the possible ones that can be seen without tearing into the engine. I know and have known that there is a risk. Some dealers are more lenient than others and who they might be is what I'm trying to find out.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
From my understanding, powertrain and drivetrain warranties are different but somewhat related. They'd also have to prove that the mods caused the issue. And being that the mt82 has had many issues, it would be hard to prove. I planned on returning most mods back to stock... at least all the possible ones that can be seen without tearing into the engine. I know and have known that there is a risk. Some dealers are more lenient than others and who they might be is what I'm trying to find out.
Powertrain and drivetrain are closely related when asking about your warranty and modifications. If you have any kind of power adder, the dealership could come back and say that it caused problems with your transmission because of the extra torque the car has now. They do have to prove that the modification caused the issue, but the dealership has an easy out in this situation. The tune. I'm guessing if you have a fully built motor, you have an aftermarket tune to adjust things so you get the most out of the car. If the tune is currently on the car and you go back to stock, they can tell. I'd just hope for a dealer willing to work with you rather than shut you out right away.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Even if it wasn't modded, manual transmissions can be hard to get covered by warranty.
Sponsored