2021 Mustang Paint Color Options Revealed

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Also, one word of caution.....unless I'm mistaken, Lucid Red was the original name for Rapid Red, before it was renamed for the '20MY. Of course, they could be looking to rename it again, or changing the hue again slightly.

:)
I'm of the theory that Ford has lots of ideas. Just like the phone makers. They have 3-5 ideas and launch 2-3 and hold other in their back pocket for couple years. I think Lucid was accidentally listed accidentally, because it was saving for 2021. The subtle or no so subtle changes to get that trade in early. Again, I could be wrong.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i've settled on my past 4 cars that i've owned when I was a teenager and such and didn't know much. I've learned a lot and have had my Ingot Silver V6 for 7 years, and have it paid off. My student loans will be paid off this year, and then i'll feel plenty comfortable taking on a new car loan. But this time around there will be no rush and it'll be exactly what I want, at a decent price, or i'll just keep looking. I also bought my 2014 right before the 2015 came out, and as much as I love the 10-14 body style I think I would like to be part of the new generation this time around so i'm considering waiting on the 2023 S650.
I feel you on this, can't wait to be done with my school loans but that'll be about 8 years from now and I definitely won't want to be settling on the next car (if I can make this one last that long). Thankfully I'm in love with the C8 right now so there might be a C9 at that point and I could be jumping into a C8 for a good price.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, no Magnetic Gray..... that was quite a run for that color.... I always wanted the Magnetic Gray color, but just didn't happen and I wasn't willing to custom order new... my secondary choices have all been Blue and I've been very happy with all of them. No regrets.... The Performance Blue on my Shelby is a more subdued color even though it's technically "metallic"

Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Ugh that hurts, was hoping to get some nice interior upgrades and whatnot on a Grabber Lime 2021 :( now im super torn. Do I go back to my 2nd choice color which I guess from this lineup would be Lucid Red, or get a 2020 Grabber Lime and miss out on whatever possible improvements in the 2021? Guess ill have to wait for more info on the 2021 changes.
Lol welcome to the permanent dilemma of buying a mustang.

• The color you want
  • The options you want (Performance Pack, B+0, Etc.)
  • The features you want (DI, convertible, Etc.)
pick two, you may not have all three... ever.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Also, one word of caution.....unless I'm mistaken, Lucid Red was the original name for Rapid Red, before it was renamed for the '20MY. Of course, they could be looking to rename it again, or changing the hue again slightly.
I am a huge fan of Ruby Red and do not care for Rapid Red. I am hoping Lucid Red is different from Rapid Red. Come on Ford be bold and step it up.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
That's the biggest change in colours since the S197 days!

Gutted there's still no Grabber Blue returning...........and also gutted there's no more Grabber Lime :crying:
Grabber Blue will be a color on the mach-E GT

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Good to see a yellow back, but would like a pale yellow like Zinc Yellow in 2003.
If no Azure blue for a Mach1 then I would like to see it in Velocity Blue, one of my favorite current colors.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
I feel you on this, can't wait to be done with my school loans but that'll be about 8 years from now and I definitely won't want to be settling on the next car (if I can make this one last that long). Thankfully I'm in love with the C8 right now so there might be a C9 at that point and I could be jumping into a C8 for a good price.
Im blessed to have gotten into a great field, and landed my career job at a young age as well as being quite good at saving up money. I also don't have a *ton* in student loans but a considerable amount. I highly considered a discounted C7 but when I saw some videos and the corvette and mustang were right next to each other I realized where my heart is. Dad worked for Ford for 20+ years and I just love the mustang heritage so i'm gonna stick with it. Thats the other reason the 2023 model is tempting, cause my next car will likely be the one I drive for a LONG time, so it would be fun to get in at the beginning of a new generation of Mustang since they typically run 5-8+ years.

• The color you want
Add "the price you want" and I agree lmao. Last few times i've bought cars(7+ years ago) I rushed it and thats probably why I settled. This time around i'll just keep driving my V6 stang till I find the unicorn. Being in Florida I think I have it a little luckier than most as far as inventory goes. If I knew I wasn't missing out on anything in the 2021 refresh, the dealer near me has the exact spec I want. 2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium 401a, MSRP 48k discounted to 40k. Certainly tempting, but need to figure out the whole 2021 Refresh/2023 new gen dilemma first.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For me, I love metallics with depth. I cannot stand the 'nail polish' look. Basic enamel glossy paints with no depth. Blah. A Car should change color and depth and the light curls around the various contours of the car. Keep the enamels for Nascar. Make mine look wet with layers of translucent paint. I love how my Ruby Red Metallic in the sun looks like molten lava on the shiny spots and then changes to a dark red as you traverse the curves.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase

• The color you want
I guarantee i'll have all 3, every time, else i wont buy. I've never bought a car that wasnt exactly the options i wanted. last time that meant i had to special order and wait 4 months, but i got it. If you're spending a crapload of money, why would you buy anything other than exactly what you want?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Yawn. Boring colors. One plus Metallic paint hides chips better.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I have yet to see a color that I like better than my lightning blue.
I was really hoping Lighting Blue would come back. Instead we got two lesser blues in Velocity and Ford Performance to replace it. This boring 2021 color palette is what you get when the reset of your lineup are trucks/SUVs and most of the colors need to work across them.

MAYDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime 2020 GT PP1
The fact there are 3 blues and ALL are metallic to me is whats wrong with Ford. I VERY rarely like metallic colors. JUST MAKE A DAMN NORMAL BLUE!
That is exactly why I chose Grabber Lime for my 20 PP1 GT.I didn’t want metallic.Would have loved gray.
Sponsored