MPT Tune Officially out

braxus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6, 2019 Mustang GT
Im wondering. Does the MPT make a really noticeable difference over the stock tune? I've heard conflicting reports as to how much power on the V6 their tune gives you. One said maybe an extra 10- 20 horses, while MPT claims 296 rear wheel horsepower which is quite a bit more then stock. For the power gains, is it really worth doing? All I have done on my car is axle backs.
Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Their numbers are based on 93 gas pump with Florida altitude. I don't know how much power I gained over my stock tune(There is definitely some gains). I personally don't really care that much about gains, For me the transmission programming and how responsive my car became to the pedal input is the biggest deal. The car doesn't feel anemic anymore and that's the best thing about it. And the comment that most people make about the MPT tunes that the car feels lighter is true.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Tune and gears are the single most noticeable upgrades you can do your ride. Trust me.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Im wondering. Does the MPT make a really noticeable difference over the stock tune? I've heard conflicting reports as to how much power on the V6 their tune gives you. One said maybe an extra 10- 20 horses, while MPT claims 296 rear wheel horsepower which is quite a bit more then stock. For the power gains, is it really worth doing? All I have done on my car is axle backs.
Yes it is a noticeable difference over stock, but their posted dyno is a bit deceptive in my opinion. I know I had some false knock issues when I did my initial pulls, but I'm in south Florida and it wasn't obnoxiously hot or anything when I did my dyno and I got 274/279 with a Dynojet on 93 with CAI, ported TB, ported intakes, and cat back exhaust.

Their numbers are based on 93 gas pump with Florida altitude. I don't know how much power I gained over my stock tune(There is definitely some gains). I personally don't really care that much about gains, For me the transmission programming and how responsive my car became to the pedal input is the biggest deal. The car doesn't feel anemic anymore and that's the best thing about it. And the comment that most people make about the MPT tunes that the car feels lighter is true.
Agreeing with this one, huge improvement in the responsiveness of the car and the transmission tuning is top notch. I go back and forth between my MPT and AMR tunes and while the AMR one feels like makes more power, I think MPT turns down torque management more (or something to that effect) because I spin the tires easier and it's just a blast to drive even in auto because the tuning is perfect. AMR's shifting isn't as refined.

Sponsored

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
13.7 1/4 mile 101 MPH 5.3 0-60 2015 v6 auto trans 3.55 rear cold morning sea level per dashboard timer 93prx tune
What all did you have done? I ran 13.64 @ 106mph, with LT headers, x pipe, axlebacks, cai, 93PRX tune. 2017 v6 auto, 3.15 gears, cold night 650' above sea level

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
What all did you have done? I ran 13.64 @ 106mph, with LT headers, x pipe, axlebacks, cai, 93PRX tune. 2017 v6 auto, 3.15 gears, cold night 650' above sea level
Stock other then tune 1/8 tank of Sunoco very cold early morning traction control off power break , Sometimes from a standing start first gear hits the rev limiter not this time. A perfect run. Never again that quick.

braxus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6, 2019 Mustang GT
Question guys. With the 6 speed automatic, and using it in Sport mode, does the PRX 93 tune automatically shift at redline for you? Someone mentioned it might not.

Runitblack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
Tuner/tunes question? I am going to be purchasing the sct x4 this weekend. I am looking through all the forums and have seen a lot of back and forth on what tune to go with. I can always buy another one down the road but as of now I am running pretty much stock everything except a drop in k&n and aftermarket wheels and tires. With that said what is the best tune for a stock set up. MPT/5star/Bama/brenspeed/ or something else. There is not a ton of info on any of them other then MPT and Bama that I can find. Thanks for the info/advice.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Tuner/tunes question? I am going to be purchasing the sct x4 this weekend. I am looking through all the forums and have seen a lot of back and forth on what tune to go with. I can always buy another one down the road but as of now I am running pretty much stock everything except a drop in k&n and aftermarket wheels and tires. With that said what is the best tune for a stock set up. MPT/5star/Bama/brenspeed/ or something else. There is not a ton of info on any of them other then MPT and Bama that I can find. Thanks for the info/advice.
On the 3.7 Facebook group AMR is popular. (Auto Mafia Racing.) Seems everyone is either using MPT or AMR. Some are saying MPT's customer support fell off a lot after Ford discontinued the V6. I don't have direct experience with either one, though.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
On the 3.7 Facebook group AMR is popular. (Auto Mafia Racing.) Seems everyone is either using MPT or AMR. Some are saying MPT's customer support fell off a lot after Ford discontinued the V6. I don't have direct experience with either one, though.
I like my MPT tune better than the AMR one overall, but the AMR could make slightly better power. It'd be nice if I could run the two back to back on the same dyno and see what I get for each just out of curiosity.

MPT shifts way better and smoother for me and just drives how it should, AMR is nowhere near as smooth at any point but especially bad for 3-2-1 shifting (like coming to a stop). I brought it up in my emails to them and it was never really addressed, nor was the chief reason I tried their tune in the first place - my issue with trying to get into 4th gear at anything above 93-95 mph. Curious if that's an issue with my car or if it happens to other 3.7 owners and they just don't realize it because according to AMR I'm a freak for trying to downshift at those speeds lol.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I like my MPT tune better than the AMR one overall, but the AMR could make slightly better power. It'd be nice if I could run the two back to back on the same dyno and see what I get for each just out of curiosity.

MPT shifts way better and smoother for me and just drives how it should, AMR is nowhere near as smooth at any point but especially bad for 3-2-1 shifting (like coming to a stop). I brought it up in my emails to them and it was never really addressed, nor was the chief reason I tried their tune in the first place - my issue with trying to get into 4th gear at anything above 93-95 mph. Curious if that's an issue with my car or if it happens to other 3.7 owners and they just don't realize it because according to AMR I'm a freak for trying to downshift at those speeds lol.
Not many besides you doing 95 rolls, lol. I probably have not tried to downshift at those speeds although I've run it up to the governor many times. Your observations about the AMR tune are interesting. I wouldn't like that, especially since I already think the stock tune in sport mode is not smooth enough.

Crooklyn

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.coleokumphoto.com
First Name
Cole
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic 5.0
I wish MPT would sell me a tune in CA to try against AMR. And I had the same issue when coming to a stop, I begged to have the shift timing changed but I think the revised file I was sent was just a stock transmission map with a motor tune..

Sponsored