Sponsored

Anyone else missing their stick shift?! Looking into the PP2 (How much?)

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yup I am now totally convinced I don't need the PP2 just to get back into a manual. I just really liked the look of them but that is an easy fix. Thanks for your input
If you go with the PP2 you will love it! I debated and went PP2. You never see them in the road which is kinda cool. I see GT350'S here and there. PP2's . I have seen 1 other one. And I DD mine and it is bad ass. And yes I replaced the tires after about 1500 miles as the cup 2's are killer but no bueno for DD. With that said the pp1 is still great but I strongly suggest trying to get one with Magnaride. The price difference between a pp1 with Magnaride and a pp2 is small(all else being equal that for me I had to go PP2. The splitter, wheels, stance, subtle soolier.. It for me has that perfect look. So Nasty.
Sponsored

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
I don't daily my PP2 as I didn't buy the car for that reason. I have a 6 speed manual Mazda 6 for my daily and I still refuse to own an automatic. I hate them, even though they are fast, I still prefer shifting my own gears, even when stuck in stupid traffic. Clutch spring made a big difference. I also have no intention of drag racing mine so having an auto to be the fastest isn't the point of my going with the PP2. Also, the tires tramline only when the road you are on sucks. If it is not a crappy road, they don't tramline. So that really depends where you live. I drove in the rain once with the Cup2's and I would probably never do that again. Luckily, they only have maybe 1000 miles left on them and will be replaced with PS4's. But again, I bought this car for fun. Not to drive in rain, or snow, or cold weather. This is my toy, meant to be driven for fun, and to hopefully last as long as I can with it as I don't plan to ever sell the car. If it had different tires from the Cup2's, I would have no problem daily driving it just would need a different set of wheels / tires for the winter months.
Also, I plan on taking this car on multiple road trips, one being to Tail of the Dragon later this year, and one being an "outwest" 3 week trip, amongst other planned trips. Which is why I went with the regular seats, heated/cooled which are amazing and quite comfy.

But again, that is me and my opinion. I will always buy a stick shift over an automatic until or unless there is no choice and only an auto exists.

ABPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP2
I’ve only been able to put 2000km on my pp2 before I’ve put it away for the winter. I was originally looking at pp1 and Bullitt cars. I got an amazing deal on my pp2 and I absolutely love it. The tram lining isn’t as bad as journalists let on (IMO) it turns head everywhere (car related) I have lots of people ask what kind of wheels are those ? What splitter is that? What spoiler is that? And there all amazed that’s it’s factory that way. So if you are thinking you want a pp2 just wait it out and go for it. You’ll be happy you did. As others have said it’s crazy you see more gt350’s than pp2’s in the wild.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Since there so few PP2 owners chiming in, I will throw my hat in the ring...
Is the PP2 as fast as an 10 speed auto? No.
Is it hard to drive out in about because of the 305's all around? Yes.
Is it at all a DD? No.
Is it a good start for a track car? Yes.
I don't DD my car, and I haven't tracked her.. yet. But this car is an absolute blast to drive on twisty roads. She corners literally like she is on rails. And it is an absolute hoot to be so involved in the driving experience. I happily drive with both hands on the wheels, giggle every time I downshift and hear the rev-match, and throughly enjoy the raw experience. Did I mention that I am the only one of 2 cars in the region that has a PP2. Yes, it is a special experience indeed.
Next month, Tail of the Dragon!

Swap out the SC2's for an UHP summer tire like the PS4S or Bridgestones and it's easily a daily driver. I drive mine anytime it's dry and above 30 degrees. I've got almost 12K miles now. I never get tired of driving this car. And, I've yet to see another PP2 in the wild. I did see one (2019) at my local dealer but it sold out of state.

Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
I’ve only been able to put 2000km on my pp2 before I’ve put it away for the winter. I was originally looking at pp1 and Bullitt cars. I got an amazing deal on my pp2 and I absolutely love it. The tram lining isn’t as bad as journalists let on (IMO) it turns head everywhere (car related) I have lots of people ask what kind of wheels are those ? What splitter is that? What spoiler is that? And there all amazed that’s it’s factory that way. So if you are thinking you want a pp2 just wait it out and go for it. You’ll be happy you did. As others have said it’s crazy you see more gt350’s than pp2’s in the wild.
For sure...
I had my PP2 out in the driveway one day and my neighbor was walking his little dog and stopped to check it out. He had worked for years at a Ferrari dealership and was asking me where I got the tires and wheels, where I had it lowered, "Sick Mustang", "Those are race car tires", etc, etc.
When I told him about the car and that it was all factory production I don't think he believed me at first.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If I was the OP , I would lease a brand new Mustang with the manual trans and PP2. If I liked it after a couple of months , I would buy it. If I did not like it , I would continue to lease it until the tires needed to be replaced.

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
For sure...
I had my PP2 out in the driveway one day and my neighbor was walking his little dog and stopped to check it out. He had worked for years at a Ferrari dealership and was asking me where I got the tires and wheels, where I had it lowered, "Sick Mustang", "Those are race car tires", etc, etc.
When I told him about the car and that it was all factory production I don't think he believed me at first.
I had a guy at work who drives a Porsche comment on my car one day, especially the wheels. I do love the wheels and that seems to be what catches peoples eyes, that and the splitter. Course the exhaust catches their ears first usually lol.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yup I am now totally convinced I don't need the PP2 just to get back into a manual. I just really liked the look of them but that is an easy fix. Thanks for your input
The thing here is that you can choose to either match the PP2's wheel/tire look "exactly" or come up with a combination that's close but slightly "milder" (such as 19x10 with 275 or 285 wide tires on all four corners).

On the MT vs AT issue, you're getting great support from your wife, and that's a wonderful thing to have.

On missing the shifting / not enjoying the AT as much as you initially expected, I understand completely. Automatics have become very, very good at what they can do, but sometimes even as good as they've gotten that still doesn't mesh with what an individual driver is looking for. And because there's a lot of subjectiveness involved, it's hard to convey exactly why having the potentially superior performance isn't enough or how it can end up being less satisfying overall.

Norm

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I have a PP2, and all I can say about this car is "WOW", I love driving it. And the PP2 does not have the same suspension as the PP1; the springs and sway bars are stiffer, and it has the magnaride dampers. All PP2's have magnaride dampers, but few PP1's have magnaride. Just like all PP2's are manual, but PP1's can come in manual or auto. I haven't found a curve that my PP2 hasn't straightened out (within reason so far), and it's one of the best handling cars I've ever driven. If you like to drive curvy back roads, give the PP2 serious consideration, because that's what I like to do with mine.
As for the tramlining on not so good roads, I've found that if you set the magnaride and steering to sport, you hardly notice it.
I would prefer the A10 with a 355 rear end, but I'm not giving up the suspension for the automatic, especially since it's not a DD.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
Since there so few PP2 owners chiming in, I will throw my hat in the ring...
Is the PP2 as fast as an 10 speed auto? No.
Is it hard to drive out in about because of the 305's all around? Yes.
Is it at all a DD? No.
Is it a good start for a track car? Yes.
I don't DD my car, and I haven't tracked her.. yet. But this car is an absolute blast to drive on twisty roads. She corners literally like she is on rails. And it is an absolute hoot to be so involved in the driving experience. I happily drive with both hands on the wheels, giggle every time I downshift and hear the rev-match, and throughly enjoy the raw experience. Did I mention that I am the only one of 2 cars in the region that has a PP2. Yes, it is a special experience indeed.
Next month, Tail of the Dragon!
I DD my PP2 and I track it( 3 times in 6 months). I have already replaced the Sport Cup 2s with the RE71s and have a second set of Sport Cup 2s on a second set of rims. I have 12K miles on my car already. I have only seen one other PP2 car in person here in So Cal.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and get a Pedal Commander; it should have come from the factory like that. It'll put a big smile on your face!

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I sold a low mileage 14 TrackPak that I had modified the supension and wheels and tires to 14 GT500's. It was a nice car but certainly not my DD. The car was a beast and with the tune it could carve corners with almost anything on the road, but to drive it around town and on poor roads...well, lets just say it wasn't much fun or comfortable.
I've drag raced NHRA for over 40 years and most of time used automatics, even when people told me I was crazy...but my 0-60' and 1/4 mile time slips were pretty impressive. I'm in my 70's now and have had my share of 4/5/6spds, and just get tired of shifting, especially in the stop and go traffic. My 19 PP1 suits me just fine, but again it's not my DD. It's bone stock and has turned high 11's at 116mph in the quarter, which is 2 seconds slower than my 70 Maverick full on race car, and the ride is just perfect. I've put the winter tires on because the Michelin Sports just don't do well in the cold and wet, but the Michelin 3's do, and changed to 265's in front and 285's in the rear.
My advise, if you're young, get the stick, although the trans leaves a lot to be desired, and the PP2 if you like the look of the bigger wheels and tires, it's your money and your dream, just stop talking about it and do it!
IMG_E3889.JPG
old Mustang2.jpg
Sponsored