Sponsored

What are you favorite first mods on your S550 Mustang?

hipoxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Mod N.1 - Steeda IRS subframe braces.
I don't know how people wanted more power before this mod. Ford should do a recall to fix all s550 chassis with these braces.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I don't know how people wanted more power before this mod. Ford should do a recall to fix all s550 chassis with these braces.
+1 feels better every time I drive dman

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I have the full ford performance track suspension. Besides the Ariel Atom it’s the best handling car I’ve ever driven. If you consider the Atom a car.
the FRPP packages have always been a good match. have had them and driven various cars. seeing that Ford jobs out, my street '17 is a blend of Bilstein dampers, Ford track springs and Steeda sways and braces. as I said before on this thread, wheel weight to me is suspension, but the Steeda IRS and K braces are game changers, especially when combined with a good damper, spring and sway set-up. you know what I mean. add some light wheels and apex! dman

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
+1 feels better every time I drive dman
newbie here, what’s wrong with the braces? And what does the steeda upgrade do??
Thanks

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
newbie here, what’s wrong with the braces? And what does the steeda upgrade do??
Thanks
welcome...the reference was that Ford should have had them on the car from factory (amongst a few other things). they are Steeda after market, not on your car so, no recall and a real improvement for the money on how the basic street car handles. check the Steeda site...simple install.
I also recommend the ultra lite 2pt front brace to compliment the rear IRS braces. of course other parts (springs, shocks, sways, etc) would be a more complete handling package but starting with the braces is a good start, depending where you're headed performance wise.
good luck Dman

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
welcome...the reference was that Ford should have had them on the car from factory (amongst a few other things). they are Steeda after market, not on your car so, no recall and a real improvement for the money on how the basic street car handles. check the Steeda site...simple install.
I also recommend the ultra lite 2pt front brace to compliment the rear IRS braces. of course other parts (springs, shocks, sways, etc) would be a more complete handling package but starting with the braces is a good start, depending where you're headed performance wise.
good luck Dman
Thanks very much. I shall have a look.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Blizzak Snow tires on a extra set of wheels and Steeda Jacking Rails was my 1st Mod

Then it was:
Radar Detector
Dash Cam
Steeda Clutch Spring
JLT Catch Can
MBRP Street Catback Exhaust
Updated software NAV - Apple CarPlay
Bluetooth CARPLAY2air adapter
Steeda Hood Struts
MMD Radiator Extension Covers

I'm kinda done. I'll paint the Calipers red in the spring. I'm happy the way the car is :sunglasses:

mbing25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the FRPP packages have always been a good match. have had them and driven various cars. seeing that Ford jobs out, my street '17 is a blend of Bilstein dampers, Ford track springs and Steeda sways and braces. as I said before on this thread, wheel weight to me is suspension, but the Steeda IRS and K braces are game changers, especially when combined with a good damper, spring and sway set-up. you know what I mean. add some light wheels and apex! dman

The performance pack is a nice starter. But going full track suspension is a game changer. I don’t have wheel hop, but then again straight line launch speed isn’t something that I’m going for. I’m more into turning in better lap times.
Now I’m looking to upgrade my rotors and get ceramic brake pads.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
The performance pack is a nice starter. But going full track suspension is a game changer. I don’t have wheel hop, but then again straight line launch speed isn’t something that I’m going for. I’m more into turning in better lap times.
Now I’m looking to upgrade my rotors and get ceramic brake pads.
my car was ordered as a PP1 at a time that pricing was lower. I wanted Brembos, Torsen 3.73s, better rad, etc. Suspension was only a small part of those packages and not track oriented. what's funny is when Ford changed the name from Track Pack to Performance pack...hmmm? my '14 was a Track Pack. people didn't realize your warranty did not really apply to the "track". the suspension combo I listed, aimed at the street. I drive other track mustangs, one with the basic Ford Track suspension. as for lowering your lap times, the Steeda 2pt Ultralite brace and IRS rear braces are worth every penny and "second" on the clock. absolute improvement in cornering and transferring power to the pavement out of apex.
many people with Shelbys use those braces and Steeda actually designed them for that purpose. just a thought and I don't own Steeda stock!

ceramic pads generally not a track pad, heat and fade. designed for average cars to be quite and low dust. ceramic rotors are a different animal and there may be ceramic track pads but i'd check the current info. speaking of rotors, Ford has gone to non-drilled on the new Shelbys. I run slotted and solid on the track cars, not a fan of drilled. seen real life issues with them at the track... enjoy Dman

mbing25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
my car was ordered as a PP1 at a time that pricing was lower. I wanted Brembos, Torsen 3.73s, better rad, etc. Suspension was only a small part of those packages and not track oriented. what's funny is when Ford changed the name from Track Pack to Performance pack...hmmm? my '14 was a Track Pack. people didn't realize your warranty did not really apply to the "track". the suspension combo I listed, aimed at the street. I drive other track mustangs, one with the basic Ford Track suspension. as for lowering your lap times, the Steeda 2pt Ultralite brace and IRS rear braces are worth every penny and "second" on the clock. absolute improvement in cornering and transferring power to the pavement out of apex.
many people with Shelbys use those braces and Steeda actually designed them for that purpose. just a thought and I don't own Steeda stock!

ceramic pads generally not a track pad, heat and fade. designed for average cars to be quite and low dust. ceramic rotors are a different animal and there may be ceramic track pads but i'd check the current info. speaking of rotors, Ford has gone to non-drilled on the new Shelbys. I run slotted and solid on the track cars, not a fan of drilled. seen real life issues with them at the track... enjoy Dman
yup ceramic rotors and the carbon ceramic pads. They can tolerate the heat with very little fade. The current ford performance track suspension is quite different than anything they put on a factory car. Like I said, most planted I’ve experienced minus the Atom. But let’s be honest it’ll be hard to top the Atom.
Sponsored