Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
So have a deal for nitto invo tires and rims 19x11" staggered at $1600 usd . What do you guys honestly think?
Screenshot_20200208-233922_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200208-233930_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Itā€™s a good deal. I bought my RTRā€™s 9.5ā€™s with Mitchelin A/S 3ā€˜s squared for just under $ 2000.00 mounted and balanced with tpmsā€™s back in July.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
How are the nittos for grip and performance. I really had my head kind of set on toyo r888r

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How are the nittos for grip and performance. I really had my head kind of set on toyo r888r
Not even in the same league. They're comfort tires.

Toyos are very good for dry grip but sketchy in the rain and will wear very quickly.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
So for a daily with decent grip nitto n555 g2 ? Or invo ?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So for a daily with decent grip nitto n555 g2 ? Or invo ?
Neither. There are much better options for a street tire.

Seriously: what do you want? Calm your mind and do some research instead of just hopping around looking at new shiny things all day. There is no tire that does everything amazing. Do you want handling and dry grip, not caring much about rain performance or wear? RE71R or Toyo R888r. Straight line dry grip, not really caring about anything else? Drag radials. Balance of dry, wet grip, comfort and wear? Something like Michelin PS4S or Conti ECS.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
The car is a daily driver so yes wet and dry grip are important . But of course I want something that will give me grip when I want to go WOT and do some pulls

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The car is a daily driver so yes wet and dry grip are important . But of course I want something that will give me grip when I want to go WOT and do some pulls
The Michelin and Conti will do that quite well if you're NA. If you go boosted, you're not going to find something that does wet and dry well and still hooks up. These are the consequences of choices.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Would these be a better all around choice
Screenshot_20200209-104022_Samsung Internet.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would these be a better all around choice
Screenshot_20200209-104022_Samsung Internet.jpg
They're all seasons.

Don't look for everyone to tell you what to buy. Do your own research. There's plenty of independent reviews and resources. I'd strongly recommend not pressing the easy button with American Muscle.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Edit, the following is based on an assumption I made based on your photo, you don't mention snow but you do seem to have some there. Between that and the couple tires you've looked at, I'm thinking you want all seasons.

My car is a daily drive too, and the Conti DWS is on my short list so you're headed in the right direction. Still, I see a number of red flags. Your priorities may be different than mine so YMMV, but I'll toss out a few things you may not have considered.
Those wheels look pretty good from an aesthetic standpoint, but have you looked at the tech specs? 27 lbs front and 30 lbs rear is not light. Unsprung, rotational mass is the absolute best place to look for weight savings, it's said that 1 pound here equals at least 4 pounds anywhere else. Your wheels act like flywheels so heavier wheels will have a negative impact on acceleration and braking in addition to just making your car heavier. I assume these wheels are cast, cast wheels aren't very strong so they are often a little thicker to add strength but this also adds weight. If they were flowformed they would have included that in the description and forged wheels don't happen at this price.
The tire sizes are the same as those on a PP1 car, not the worst sizes but there are better options and they don't make much sense with those rim sizes. First the front. A 255/40-19 is the widest tire you can put on a 19x8.5. The PP1 puts that tire on a 19x9, but this will work. My car is geared more towards handling than acceleration (it's an EB with suspension mods) and my stock wheels/tires are this size, my next set will be larger, YMMV.
The PP1 also used the same size rear tire, but it uses a 19x9.5 wheel. The rear tire is 20 mm larger than the rear in this case, that's about 3/4". The PP1 uses a rear wheel that's 1/2" wider, again, it's the widest tire you'd want to put on that size wheel, but it does make a certain amount of sense. The rear wheel in this package is much larger. It's 65mm wider than the front wheel just to hold a tire that's 20 mm wider, it seems absurd to me. If your goal is stance, that's up to you, but be aware that performance will suffer. I believe that wheel is also available in a 19x10 which is a much better choice for a 275 tire and may save a pound or two.
I'm guessing you want the staggered look. If you want to go fast in a straight line staggered might be your best bet. OTOH, if you want handling you might be best served by a square setup or just a minimal stagger. The setup in your first post had the same wheels but a 305 rear tire, that's a lot of stagger and would be geared more for straight line use (I'd expect massive understeer in the turns). Like I said, YMMV, it all depends on how you want to use it. If it helps, I'm leaning toward a square setup with 275 or 285 wide tires on 19x10 (maybe 19x11 if I go 285) and wheels over 24 lbs are not an option. That should handle well in my case and should be more than adequate for a street driven GT with decent tires.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Edit, the following is based on an assumption I made based on your photo, you don't mention snow but you do seem to have some there. Between that and the couple tires you've looked at, I'm thinking you want all seasons.
Appreciate the response brother
My car is a daily drive too, and the Conti DWS is on my short list so you're headed in the right direction. Still, I see a number of red flags. Your priorities may be different than mine so YMMV, but I'll toss out a few things you may not have considered.
Those wheels look pretty good from an aesthetic standpoint, but have you looked at the tech specs? 27 lbs front and 30 lbs rear is not light. Unsprung, rotational mass is the absolute best place to look for weight savings, it's said that 1 pound here equals at least 4 pounds anywhere else. Your wheels act like flywheels so heavier wheels will have a negative impact on acceleration and braking in addition to just making your car heavier. I assume these wheels are cast, cast wheels aren't very strong so they are often a little thicker to add strength but this also adds weight. If they were flowformed they would have included that in the description and forged wheels don't happen at this price.
The tire sizes are the same as those on a PP1 car, not the worst sizes but there are better options and they don't make much sense with those rim sizes. First the front. A 255/40-19 is the widest tire you can put on a 19x8.5. The PP1 puts that tire on a 19x9, but this will work. My car is geared more towards handling than acceleration (it's an EB with suspension mods) and my stock wheels/tires are this size, my next set will be larger, YMMV.
The PP1 also used the same size rear tire, but it uses a 19x9.5 wheel. The rear tire is 20 mm larger than the rear in this case, that's about 3/4". The PP1 uses a rear wheel that's 1/2" wider, again, it's the widest tire you'd want to put on that size wheel, but it does make a certain amount of sense. The rear wheel in this package is much larger. It's 65mm wider than the front wheel just to hold a tire that's 20 mm wider, it seems absurd to me. If your goal is stance, that's up to you, but be aware that performance will suffer. I believe that wheel is also available in a 19x10 which is a much better choice for a 275 tire and may save a pound or two.
I'm guessing you want the staggered look. If you want to go fast in a straight line staggered might be your best bet. OTOH, if you want handling you might be best served by a square setup or just a minimal stagger. The setup in your first post had the same wheels but a 305 rear tire, that's a lot of stagger and would be geared more for straight line use (I'd expect massive understeer in the turns). Like I said, YMMV, it all depends on how you want to use it. If it helps, I'm leaning toward a square setup with 275 or 285 wide tires on 19x10 (maybe 19x11 if I go 285) and wheels over 24 lbs are not an option. That should handle well in my case and should be more than adequate for a street driven GT with decent tires.
Sponsored