Sponsored

Anyone else missing their stick shift?! Looking into the PP2 (How much?)

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
Hey guys I just wondering how much a used 2018 Mustang GT PP2 is going for these days. I currently own a 2018 Mustang GT (10R80). This 10 speed is very fast. The technology in automatics these days is very impressive. But I do find myself missing my 16 GT stick shift more and more. I am not enjoying the auto as much as I thought I would. So after talking with the wife (lol) she agreed I should get back into a stick shift. I am looking for a used PP2. (they are hard to find) but I'm just curious how much they are going for. I'm assuming for a used18 PP2 it would be about 30kish. Give or take. I also thought about leasing a brand new PP2. I don't know. I hate being a car guy, I'm never satisfied with what I have. Anyone else out there missing the stick shift vs the Auto?
Sponsored

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I just wondering how much a used 2018 Mustang GT PP2 is going for these days. I currently own a 2018 Mustang GT (10R80). This 10 speed is very fast. The technology in automatics these days is very impressive. But I do find myself missing my 16 GT stick shift more and more. I am not enjoying the auto as much as I thought I would. So after talking with the wife (lol) she agreed I should get back into a stick shift. I am looking for a used PP2. (they are hard to find) but I'm just curious how much they are going for. I'm assuming for a used18 PP2 it would be about 30kish. Give or take. I also thought about leasing a brand new PP2. I don't know. I hate being a car guy, I'm never satisfied with what I have. Anyone else out there missing the stick shift vs the Auto?
If i were you i would keep the 10R80. while having a stick is more fun, it doesn't compare to the consistency of the auto, I actually want a new 10speed, I have a stick car.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
But the 10r80 is the end all be all. I donā€™t know why anyone would want to go back to shifting their own gears and enjoying the engaging feeling it provides. Thatā€™s just absurd.

All jokes aside, here on the east coast, I rarely see pp2ā€™s. And Iā€™m ALWAYS on Craigslist, autotrader, etc. Iā€™ve come across a couple for sale on here and usually a few will pop up through my searches but they seem to be few and far between. Hopefully there are more down your way

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
What makes you set on the PP2 package?

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I think it's just the fat tires that do it for me. But honestly I would be just fine with a PP1
I think you would be better off finding a manual whether base or pp1 and if you like the stance of a PP2 either get a set replica wheels or another set of your liking with tires you like rather than having to swap out the cup 2s off a PP2 after acquiring it.

I think looking for a PP2 is going to narrow your search way too much to move into a manual quickly. Plus you will be paying a premium for the manual tranny, wheels, and tires since that is your main interest.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I think it's just the fat tires that do it for me. But honestly I would be just fine with a PP1
Not to dissuade you, but those tires are not the most daily driver friendly. They are race oriented summer ultra high performance tires, and while they can be driven just fine on the street in the summer, there is a fair bit of tram-lining and of course the 180 treadwear rating, you are looking at replacing them by 20,000 miles (a full set of 4 is almost 2 grand installed!). I'd definitely recommend a secondary set of Ps4s tires if you do intend on just driving it normally on the street.

A PP1 one is more than enough for the street and even 90% of track days (unless you are in a competitive environment, of course you'd want the PP2). Again, not trying to talk you out of it, and i am not sure what your overall plans are, but i went through this same decision in the past, and am so happy i went with a PP1 over a PP2 for this reason alone.

OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
I think you would be better off finding a manual whether base or pp1 and if you like the stance of a PP2 either get a set replica wheels or another set of your liking with tires you like rather than having to swap out the cup 2s off a PP2 after acquiring it.

I think looking for a PP2 is going to narrow your search way too much to move into a manual quickly. Plus you will be paying a premium for the manual tranny, wheels, and tires since that is your main interest.
Very true! Yea I think a PP1 will be just fine with me. Plus I do like the look of that big spoiler that comes on them. Thanks for your input!

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Only saw 1 used PP2 for sale in the MD/VA area in the last year. Not sure how common they are in TX. It was a 401A with leather Recaros, private sale, had around 12k miles I think (don't remember right this minute). Guy wanted like $34k I think? It was online for maybe a week or less, and poof... sold. Tire swap is a must if you want to dd it. Like it was said before: Used PP2 hunting will narrow your vehicle search to the point of being near impossible to find one. There aren't that many on the road to begin with.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Not to dissuade you, but those tires are not the most daily driver friendly. They are race oriented summer ultra high performance tires, and while they can be driven just fine on the street in the summer, there is a fair bit of tram-lining and of course the 180 treadwear rating, you are looking at replacing them by 20,000 miles (a full set of 4 is almost 2 grand installed!). I'd definitely recommend a secondary set of Ps4s tires if you do intend on just driving it normally on the street.

A PP1 one is more than enough for the street and even 90% of track days (unless you are in a competitive environment, of course you'd want the PP2). Again, not trying to talk you out of it, and i am not sure what your overall plans are, but i went through this same decision in the past, and am so happy i went with a PP1 over a PP2 for this reason alone.
I agree. You are right. Yes I am aware of the sport cup 2's that come on them. The more I think about it and after hearing some feedback the PP1 sounds more reasonable and easier to find. I don't daily drive my car which is why i was considering those sport cup 2's. But again the PP1 will work wonders for me. I don't track my cars and I don't go to drag strips. I'm just more of a weekend spirited driver on back roads. That's about it

OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
Only saw 1 used PP2 for sale in the MD/VA area in the last year. Not sure how common they are in TX. It was a 401A with leather Recaros, private sale, had around 12k miles I think (don't remember right this minute). Guy wanted like $34k I think? It was online for maybe a week or less, and poof... sold. Tire swap is a must if you want to dd it. Like it was said before: Used PP2 hunting will narrow your vehicle search to the point of being near impossible to find one. There aren't that many on the road to begin with.
Yup I am now totally convinced I don't need the PP2 just to get back into a manual. I just really liked the look of them but that is an easy fix. Thanks for your input

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
So glad we could help you with your decision! I know you will be more than happy with a 6 speed PP1. Best of luck finding the one you want with the options you are looking for. (it was difficult for me because i was set on Kona Blue... which is why i ended up going A10, and im glad i did!)

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I personally own my mustang and a Jeep Wrangler. They are both stick shifts and that is what I personally prefer. The family car is a crew cab Silverado z71 that is an automatic, which is better for trips and hauling the family around. The first thing anyone asks me about the Jeep or the Mustang is , ā€œ is it a standardā€? I understand the automatics now a days for speed and everyday drivers. Shifting would be tiresome. Whatever a person buys is their preference and either car is exciting and has advantages and disadvantages.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Ironically, my 70 Sporstroof came with a C4 auto but my 2018 is a stick :) When my 70 is done being built, I will probably daily that more and keep my GT for the track. When I get too old for the power, my son or daughter will inherit it. Here's hoping that's a while yet.
Sponsored