Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I drive mine all year long but then I live in North Carolina just off the beach. When I lived in Maine It was parked in my Barn for three months
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Mine has never seen snow and never will while I own it. Why would you go spend 50K on a car just to drive it in the winter and let the road salt eat away at it and turn it into a rust bucket in a few years.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not when you're 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. 55F is a bone chilling damp cold
uDph8XH.gif
(to us). I have a friend who lives in the Windsor Ontario area and I swear it's always snowing there when we chat.
Hehe when I said that it was totally tongue-in-cheek. Believe me when the weather gets warm here for about 5 months a year, the change back to the cold is horrible. Anything under 15C and I am freezing... so I know what it's like haha. And yeah.... we have had snow here in London the past 3 or 4 nights in a row... so sounds about right. Windsor is about 2 hours from here.

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost w/ PP
Mine has never seen snow and never will while I own it. Why would you go spend 50K on a car just to drive it in the winter and let the road salt eat away at it and turn it into a rust bucket in a few years.
As long as it's parked outdoors it won't rust. If that were the case then every single car driven in winter would be a rust bucket...

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As long as it's parked outdoors it won't rust. If that were the case then every single car driven in winter would be a rust bucket...
This right here. Add in an annual rust protection spray, and you have nothing to worry about providing you take care of the car.

I also suppose all those people driving $150K BMW's, $300K Lambo Urus' (Urus's?) in the winter are going to be rust buckets in about 2 years /sarc.
We are not dealing with the horrible quality steel of yesteryear.... The materials used today are way more advanced than those used just 20 years ago. You'd think these cars would disintegrate sitting in your driveway by the way some people go on about it. Lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
How's the GT in the snow? Do you use snow/wet mode?
I used normal mode most of the time. The Blizzaks are great and you feel like you have control of the car. I have a 4x4 Truck now so I don’t use the Mustang in the salty slush crap we have in New York. I still drive her on nice days. Was out today.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Krown is your friend. I traded a 2010 Sonata (purchased June 2009) that was sprayed annually. The only rust on it were the hood chips which I had touched up but started to come through. Underneath, wheel arches, bottom of doors, all the usual spots for rust were dead solid, not even any bubbles. Our 2015 Rogue is the same. The Mustang got sprayed and will continue to get sprayed even when I retire and only drive it minimally in winter, if at all. Oh, and the first top down day of the year was January 2, it was 6C. The car rolls on Nokian R3 rubber in 235/55-17 on the standard Ecoboost rim.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My GT PP2 is no garage queen. She is a daily driver. I have a set of 275/35R19 Blizzak LM-32 on 19x9.5 VMR V710 wheels as her winter boots. When these wear out she will go to either 245 or 255. So far she has only seen 3” on Long Island but it is ready for whatever Mother Nature send our way.

7CC6E7C8-D3E4-429C-AFC8-32201A534204.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My GT PP2 is no garage queen. She is a daily driver. I have a set of 275/35R19 Blizzak LM-32 on 19x9.5 VMR V710 wheels as her winter boots. When these wear out she will go to either 245 or 255. So far she has only seen 3” on Long Island but it is ready for whatever Mother Nature send our way.

7CC6E7C8-D3E4-429C-AFC8-32201A534204.jpeg
Very nice stang!

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
throw some winters on it and drive it... i'm over driving a "beater" in the winter. i'm wasting 1/2 my driving time in a boring car? naaaahhhhhh
I fell the same way. Life's too short to drive a boring car!

dySUlmt.jpg

h0DWmwA.jpg

KFwnxyv.jpg

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I have a GMC 4x4 I daily drive that is provided from my work. The GT is just a toy. My car has been stored in my garage since early December & will be until the weather gets nicer. I did have it out 2 weeks ago for a nice rip as the weather was nice enough for that. Usually around the middle of March I'll start to pull the car out more often until it can be permanent. But something strange happened yesterday.........

We got about 20 cm of snow and my girlfriend was home all day so she shoveled the driveway but....... when she was done with the shovel she forgot to close the garage door & when I came home there was some snow in the garage and on my GT. So knowing that do you guys think I should break up with her? :cwl:

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a GMC 4x4 I daily drive that is provided from my work. The GT is just a toy. My car has been stored in my garage since early December & will be until the weather gets nicer. I did have it out 2 weeks ago for a nice rip as the weather was nice enough for that. Usually around the middle of March I'll start to pull the car out more often until it can be permanent. But something strange happened yesterday.........

We got about 20 cm of snow and my girlfriend was home all day so she shoveled the driveway but....... when she was done with the shovel she forgot to close the garage door & when I came home there was some snow in the garage and on my GT. So knowing that do you guys think I should break up with her? :cwl:
If your gf shovelled 20 cm of snow then she's a keeper lol.
Sponsored