OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost w/ PP
Hello from Russia! This is my first ride in winter. Just bought a mustang as a summer car but take it for a drive at -9c
36F1F072-0C45-4CFB-8CEE-0E8D1B27D4F7.jpeg
Convertible too! Great pic! Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol yea people think we must be crazy.
I wash mine at least once a month to get any salt off.
Some of the looks I get are priceless, lol

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of the looks I get are priceless, lol
One of my co-workers owns a Subaru and whenever there's a snowfall he asks so how was the drive in? I always tell him it was fine but never believes me lol.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't get this salt thing. Surely salt will affect all cars to the same extent, won't it? Why would a Mustang be less suited to winter driving than any other car just because of the salt? I've been driving all year round in many cars for the past twenty years, and never had a rust problem. Everybody I know drives all year round. I do not personally know anyone who doesn't drive in winter for fear of salt. And I have yet to hear of somebody's car having rusted within a few years because of that. We just wash them often and get on with it.
Is the Mustang intrinsically more prone to rust than European cars? Is it known to rust easily? Should I be worried?

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't get this salt thing. Surely salt will affect all cars to the same extent, won't it? Why would a Mustang be less suited to winter driving than any other car just because of the salt? I've been driving all year round in many cars for the past twenty years, and never had a rust problem. Everybody I know drives all year round. I do not personally know anyone who doesn't drive in winter for fear of salt. And I have yet to hear of somebody's car having rusted within a few years because of that. We just wash them often and get on with it.
Is the Mustang intrinsically more prone to rust than European cars? Is it known to rust easily? Should I be worried?
No no like any other car you should wash it at least once a month in the winter. People's cars that have rusted due to salt are the ones that park it indoors in a heated garage during winter. If your car is always parked outdoors then no need to worry.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Drove mine into work today to catch up some paperwork. Only was 10% chance of rain today and dang if I didn't catch a cloudburst in Carencro. Now I gotta wash it again and it's 55 frigging degrees out there! Brrrrrrr.
Oh, a pic. Just took it.
IMG_1095.jpg

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
55F??? That's shorts and tshirt weather for us here in Canada :cwl::cwl::cwl:
Not when you're 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. 55F is a bone chilling damp cold
uDph8XH.gif
(to us). I have a friend who lives in the Windsor Ontario area and I swear it's always snowing there when we chat.

Sponsored

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I drive year round, no matter the weather. But, south Florida...
252894FE-321E-4FB2-9148-3640F564D60F.jpeg

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drove mine into work today to catch up some paperwork. Only was 10% chance of rain today and dang if I didn't catch a cloudburst in Carencro. Now I gotta wash it again and it's 55 frigging degrees out there! Brrrrrrr.
Oh, a pic. Just took it.
IMG_1095.jpg
Lol lucky you. It's -15f here with the windshield.