RHD in euro land is the minority ...

WD :like:
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That's the new wireless antenna so that Ford can directly monitor M6G. They're listening!!!!!
LOL if you activated your modem in for car to get the free reward points they are already anyway :)

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
kinda interesting they used the euro spec car (but its LHD it seems) for a test mule

unless all 18+ euro cars are LHD...
Some Euro cars are LHD.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
GB is the only one in europe having RHD cars... :angel:
So acutally the EU models don't have RHD anymore

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone has to remember this being a test mule it going to have all kind thrown together parts in it Lincoln center caps and Euro taillights really don't mean anything just parts laying around Ford put on it to make it road legal. Now the turn signal park lights under the headlights are the real deal.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB base GT manual 3.55
Looking at front main grill by comparison to pics of the 2018-2020 the grille looks slightly smaller. I could be wrong

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I really suspect that the S550 will run until about 2025 or 2026, there is a refresh coming based on this spy photo, which looks a lot like the current car, so it might just be smoke and mirrors to throw everyone off, or a minor refresh. The 2022/2023 changes are probably going to refine the S550 mustang, like acoustical upgrades, higher quality and make improvements they have learned since its inception in 2015. I have read the next generation Mustang will be using more from the architecture of the new 2020 Explorer, how much or what will be determined, and I have read there will be a 4 door variant based on the platform, which may or may not use the Mustang name, but it would be for Police vehicles much like the Charger is today.

The article I read about a new engineer needed at the Mustang plant might be for a 4 door variant as well, to run down the same assembly line. Everyone has been assuming Kind of like what they did in the 80s with the FOX platform, using one platform for several vehicles, which makes sense financially as Ford makes nothing, they buy everything from suppliers. Keep in mind the Charger outsells The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger, so it would makes sense to use as much as they could from the mustang to dip into that segment.

Keep in mind new car/platform development takes about 3-5 years, To go from drawing board to production. Changes to the current model take only 2 years or so.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
On the OP pictured mule, I like the wheels and tire track, they are flush with the fender lips. I like the satellite radio antennae. Nose-grill-lights front changes and exhaust-fascia-lights rear changes, what ever they look like, are routine.
A buyer of a 2021 wants the car to be recognized as differing from a 2018-19-20. The S550 is a sweet design. Gen 6 Camaro and Gen-forever Challenger catch the eye, but S550 holds the eye.

I got the flush fender look on my '17 with H&R metric stud 24 mm Track spacers.
It is a subtle change, sometimes not noticed, but it really works on the S550 (to my eye).

17V6.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's just me but isn't it odd that it is running Euro Tails, and no orange reflector in the headlight? I love the look but I am surprised it's not the usual red and orange.
And the Euro side mirrors

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
OMG! They caught it testing in the snow! All wheel drive is CONFIRMED!!! :crazy:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why would it be odd that they're testing the "Euro" version? Development of the "Euro" S550 is done alongside the US version in Dearborn. Sure, it has a slightly different spec (they are all effectively Performance Pack 1 spec), but its the same basic car. It's quite possible there are US spec versions also running around Dearborn alongside it, but it was this particular car that was photographed.

Last year, around April time, two prototypes were spotted. One was a Euro spec Bullitt, the other a US spec GT :)
21MY Facelift 3.jpg
21MY facelift 1.jpg

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Everyone has to remember this being a test mule it going to have all kind thrown together parts in it Lincoln center caps and Euro taillights really don't mean anything just parts laying around Ford put on it to make it road legal
The prototype is 100% an EU model:
- Big side mirrors
- Clear taillights
- Clear reflectors in the headlights
- Orange rear sidemarkers (US sidemarkers are red)
- EU backup + rear fog light unit (US unit is completely white as it is just a backup light)
- Also it got the standard EU GT wheels (PP1)

EU model prototypes are a thing ever since we saw S550 prototypes on the road. Like Here, here or here for the refresh

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not sure how I missed this before.............but is that an additional cooler behind the grille? It can't be seen on the Mach 1 prototype (that one had tape over the pony) and it wasn't seen on the earlier prototypes from last year.
21MY Refresh cooler.jpg
Sponsored