Sponsored

6R80 internal upgrades

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey all,

Just installed a TCS intermediate shaft and Exedy stage 2 clutch packs since I snapped the stock shaft awhile back.

1. So there were a few times over the weekend where I was parked and then put it into R or D, it didn't actually grab into gear or it took longer than usual to. Couldn't replicate it every time though.

2. The lock up in 3rd gear feels off too. For example, when I'm driving into 3rd gear, the revs go up and then the RPM drops sounding like it's dropping into 4th but it's still in 3rd gear. Almost sounds like the torque converter is locking twice in gear without slipping if that makes sense.

Haven't done any WOT hits but drove the transmission for a good 50-100mi over the weekend just feeling out how the transmission shifts at low speed and up to freeway speeds. No harsh shifts, clunks, grinding, etc that I can notice. No DTC codes popping up.

Anyways, for those have messed with the 6R80s more, have you guys run across any similar issues like this and how you went about troubleshooting it? Didn't want to snap something else before doing datalog pulls for Lund.
Sponsored