Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Good render, Ace.

Whilst those turn signals/fogs do appear to be the same as the current ones, just relocated, I was really hoping they take a leaf from Lincoln's book with their latest design, which is slim and flush under the headlamp.

2020-lincoln-aviator-first-drive-review-4-1500x1000.jpg
Old people styling

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Look at all this news coming in such rapid succession. What a week! The updated vehicle has to be launching much sooner then we thought? I'm still checking Ford production dates, which they are purposely withholding under TBD or TBA. I would think they would want to be having the updated vehicle run at least two full years?

Not including any possible delays the S650 might launch in late June or July 2022. August 2020 is ideal in my opinion.

The final refresh... We got everything we wanted out of the S550 except a Twin Turbo V8, KR and a 50th Anniversary GT500. Mach 1 looks like a done deal.

Expect the nose to drop next generation. 2024 for a MY25.
Are you even paying attention at all? Not even accurate in the least. Considering some of the misleading info I read back in the early days of pre-S550 on this site, it would really help if everyone stays on the same page and avoid making easily debunked claims. Twin Turbo, Jarstang, and a few have said otherwise to keep us on track. Definitely not gonna echo what happened with S197 and S550 ('cuz 10 years = 2024 as 25 vs 2014 ['15
] vs 2004 ['05]).

I'm assuming they're moving the signals up for larger and reshaped intakes? I think the headlights and signals look way too close for comfort there.
The updated vehicle looks horrible and I am worried that I'm going to dislike it intensely just like the 2018, which I can only swallow in PP trim in some colors. This feels even more convoluted, that Callum is screwing it up for some reason. Sales need to be holding steady not bleeding because of such gaffes.

I dont follow Mustang updates closely but why would you facelift in 2021 just to do a redesign in 2022? Are they just trying to ruin their clients resale value? :)
Dude, it's obvious 2021 models will clearly launch this year and that has been explained here. Ford knows what they're doing, as the same happened with the 2013 S197 in spring 2012, as well as the 2002 MY SN95s getting smoked headlights in late '01, as S197 wrapped up for '04 release.

Facelift 2021MY, redesign 2023MY. Keeping it fresh.
Yep, thanks for explaining.:thumbsup:

Sounds like BMW tactics.. ugh. Nothing annoys me more than buying a new car that goes "unfresh" every other year.
Nope, that's hardly even accurate. BMW hardly makes drastic changes every year nor every other year. They are pretty much subtle with everything they do, save for crazy grilles as of late. You're overreacting over nothing, but standard operating procedure.

Gen V also had 2nd refresh just for two years.
So nothing special situation here.
Exactly, but some people will not closely study how things operate to become a bit more informed and realize, product lifecycles work in numerical pairs.

On 8 year cycles, it's 2+2+2+2. Midway through that in year 4 or 5, a major update occurs. Aside from that, are mini updates to keep the product fresh in between (colors, equipment, etc). The S550 was planned to end late this year, so it's midcycle got moved up to 2017 ('18). A case of 3+3 = 6 years, 2014 to 2020. The facelift coming too early, meant after 3 years another update sufficed as a swansong effort before replacement in 2022 (23).

OK...there was me doubting the facelift existed.....I'd resigned myself to the fact it was just changes for the Mach 1.

However.....this is possibly the mildest facelift in Mustang history! OK, things could change but, right now, its effectively a new front and possibly rear bumper. If S650 wasn't coming for the '23MY, I'd be concerned this wouldn't be enough.....but this might be just enough to keep interest going for 2 years.

:)
:thumbsup: Would we say it's the mildest? I guess in terms of facelifts, but even the 1983 Fox got changes in late 1982, as Ford worked on a FWD Stang for 1986. Those were very minute too, as were the new vertical tri-bar tails and 4.6L for 1996 models at the end of 1995.

Good to see you back!

You did see this, right? S650 coming in 2022 as a '23MY :like:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-as-2023my-reveals-ford-linkedin-post.135787/
:thumbsup:

No way the next generation comes before MY2025.
The "S650" is just going to be an S550.2.
Exactly, nada except for 60th anniversary celebration. Ford wants to earn some money on the 2023 model year changes, so that will run for 4 years at least.

That being said the amount of changes happening will echo what happened for 1994 and for 2015. Same platform as predecessors, but all new body. It's no S550.2, because then you can make the same argument against the current car being an IRS S197. They all use D2C.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
Dude - my first words were obviously "I dont keep up with Mustang changes". So "clearly explained" or not I didn't see it.

RE: BMW You're just wrong. I've owned a 08, 11, 13, 15, 16, and 18 M3. So I think I have some perspective.

Look at all this news coming in such rapid succession. What a week! The updated vehicle has to be launching much sooner then we thought? I'm still checking Ford production dates, which they are purposely withholding under TBD or TBA. I would think they would want to be having the updated vehicle run at least two full years?

Not including any possible delays the S650 might launch in late June or July 2022. August 2020 is ideal in my opinion.

Are you even paying attention at all? Not even accurate in the least. Considering some of the misleading info I read back in the early days of pre-S550 on this site, it would really help if everyone stays on the same page and avoid making easily debunked claims. Twin Turbo, Jarstang, and a few have said otherwise to keep us on track. Definitely not gonna echo what happened with S197 and S550 ('cuz 10 years = 2024 as 25 vs 2014 ['15
] vs 2004 ['05]).

The updated vehicle looks horrible and I am worried that I'm going to dislike it intensely just like the 2018, which I can only swallow in PP trim in some colors. This feels even more convoluted, that Callum is screwing it up for some reason. Sales need to be holding steady not bleeding because of such gaffes.

Dude, it's obvious 2021 models will clearly launch this year and that has been explained here. Ford knows what they're doing, as the same happened with the 2013 S197 in spring 2012, as well as the 2002 MY SN95s getting smoked headlights in late '01, as S197 wrapped up for '04 release.

Yep, thanks for explaining.:thumbsup:

Nope, that's hardly even accurate. BMW hardly makes drastic changes every year nor every other year. They are pretty much subtle with everything they do, save for crazy grilles as of late. You're overreacting over nothing, but standard operating procedure.

Exactly, but some people will not closely study how things operate to become a bit more informed and realize, product lifecycles work in numerical pairs.

On 8 year cycles, it's 2+2+2+2. Midway through that in year 4 or 5, a major update occurs. Aside from that, are mini updates to keep the product fresh in between (colors, equipment, etc). The S550 was planned to end late this year, so it's midcycle got moved up to 2017 ('18). A case of 3+3 = 6 years, 2014 to 2020. The facelift coming too early, meant after 3 years another update sufficed as a swansong effort before replacement in 2022 (23).

:thumbsup: Would we say it's the mildest? I guess in terms of facelifts, but even the 1983 Fox got changes in late 1982, as Ford worked on a FWD Stang for 1986. Those were very minute too, as were the new vertical tri-bar tails and 4.6L for 1996 models at the end of 1995.

:thumbsup:

Exactly, nada except for 60th anniversary celebration. Ford wants to earn some money on the 2023 model year changes, so that will run for 4 years at least.

That being said the amount of changes happening will echo what happened for 1994 and for 2015. Same platform as predecessors, but all new body. It's no S550.2, because then you can make the same argument against the current car being an IRS S197. They all use D2C.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Will it tick like a champion...?
Like a Timex. Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking! My 18 does not have a tick though.

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Dude - my first words were obviously "I dont keep up with Mustang changes". So "clearly explained" or not I didn't see it.

RE: BMW You're just wrong. I've owned a 08, 11, 13, 15, 16, and 18 M3. So I think I have some perspective.
Fair enough (in regards to not following S550 closely), but I have been well acquainted with BMW since the pre-Banglized days and what happens year to year. No matter 7-Series, 5, 3, or X# I'm well aware. It is standard operating procedure. Updates as soon as they are signed off and available, are put into production.

They don't sit on things like Toyota would. I know everything about virtually every brand out there.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope they go back to the single pipes for the GT. The quad pipes are kind of gimmicky and it bothers me how you can see exhaust flow more out of one tip instead of evenly which eventually leads to one tip with more carbon build up.
Not on E85. No soot build-up on my quad tips.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
amk91, You must be new here with your 165 posts.
I would NEVER doubt anything that "thePill" says.

Good to see him back here. He always comes around when new model talk bubbles up.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
so....... About the a-pillar gauges......... :question::question::question: And the mirrors look bigger.... They fooled us, this is the new Lincoln.. center caps..:clap:

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Good to see you back!

You did see this, right? S650 coming in 2022 as a '23MY :like:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-as-2023my-reveals-ford-linkedin-post.135787/
I can’t come back. Once the segment began to slow down and American/Canadian jobs were at stake, there was nothing more to say. I wish the product didn’t need to leave production.

As for the Mustang, I always leaned toward a 10 year run BUT, I didn’t see the sudden shift away from cars. Maybe 2 model years for this refresh, one model year longer than the other w/ the Mach 1 to co-market next to the Mach-E.

Maybe some last minute GT500/Mach 1 attention will give them the wiggle room to make the S650 a 2024 60th anniversary. Reveal April, 2023? Could a Mach 1 and GT500KR tow the product 3 years?

Will the Mach-E truly help sustain sales? If so, maybe they don’t need to rush.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
Fair enough (in regards to not following S550 closely), but I have been well acquainted with BMW since the pre-Banglized days and what happens year to year. No matter 7-Series, 5, 3, or X# I'm well aware. It is standard operating procedure. Updates as soon as they are signed off and available, are put into production.

They don't sit on things like Toyota would. I know everything about virtually every brand out there.
I mean we agree updates are put out as they are ready. We disagree that they are minor. They were major enough for me to spend money to upgrade.....

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ha! I wish.......perhaps this is a mule for an S650-based Lincoln coupe :please:
I highly doubt that we will ever see a Lincoln coupe again. Unfortunately coupes are a worldwide declining market and Ford is already bleeding on all ends, so there is simply no money to develop such a small volume car for an even smaller volume brand. :(