Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs Redeye Drag Racing StangMode vs Mod2fame

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
yea there's a lot of things that went into win or lose, i just think its impressive at how well rounded the gt500 is, the redeye is a drag car no question but yet the 500 can still hang or beat it and you can still take a 500 to a road course and keep up with a gt3rs to me thats what makes them so bad ass
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
yea there's a lot of things that went into win or lose, i just think its impressive at how well rounded the gt500 is, the redeye is a drag car no question but yet the 500 can still hang or beat it and you can still take a 500 to a road course and keep up with a gt3rs to me thats what makes them so bad ass
Whether you are a fan of the GT500 or not, a true enthusiast will admit it is one well-rounded b!tch - from the factory. :clap:

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Whether you are a fan of the GT500 or not, a true enthusiast will admit it is one well-rounded b!tch - from the factory. :clap:
The best all around car American car in terms of performance on sale today no doubt about it.

I would argue perfomance isn’t everything and the redeye has some big advantages in other areas, however in terms of raw performance, no question the GT500 does the strip and road course together better than any other 2020 American car. Well done to Ford.

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
they wanted a heads up race, that negates the time, its 1st to cross, with a clean start of course. so the race they wanted, they lost 2/3.
You keep asking everyone for slips, slips, slips. According to them, the GT500 lost 2 out of 3 period.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
You keep asking everyone for slips, slips, slips. According to them, the GT500 lost 2 out of 3 period.
Stop trying to spin ever post VOODOO about the Shelbygt500 just because you own one. You know time slips alway show the performance of any car at the drag way.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
The best all around car American car in terms of performance on sale today no doubt about it.

I would argue perfomance isn’t everything and the redeye has some big advantages in other areas, however in terms of raw performance, no question the GT500 does the strip and road course together better than any other 2020 American car. Well done to Ford.
IMO just a great time to be a high-performance junkie. No longer are the days where the Nissan GTR or an extremely priced Corvette - when compared to the Mustang and Camaro ruled the "fast car" market.

If you have the financial means you can literally pick your poison - just a great time! The bickering on this forum and others will continue and it does become a bit immature at times, but that's to be expected. Again the current GT500, ZLE, and Redeye are all performers and are helping keep the rivalries alive and well.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
IMO just a great time to be a high-performance junkie. No longer are the days where the Nissan GTR or an extremely priced Corvette - when compared to the Mustang and Camaro ruled the "fast car" market.

If you have the financial means you can literally pick your poison - just a great time! The bickering on this forum and others will continue and it does become a bit immature at times, but that's to be expected. Again the current GT500, ZLE, and Redeye are all performers and are helping keep the rivalries alive and well.

I love the American performance lineup right now. It's the greatest time in history to be a car guy. GT500, GT350, Redeyes, Hellcats, ZL1, ZLE, Z06, New C8 and soon to be C8 Z06. Even SUVs and trucks! Trackhawk, Raptor, the coming Rebel TRX, the coming Hellcat powered Durango, Rumored GT500 motor in a Raptor? The horsepower cup overfloweth! American cars are now at super car levels of performance but retain so much of the traditional American muscle and style. It's fantastic.

Now if only the Viper would come back! Mid Engine this time and with a DCT.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
I love the American performance lineup right now. It's the greatest time in history to be a car guy. GT500, GT350, Redeyes, Hellcats, ZL1, ZLE, Z06, New C8 and soon to be C8 Z06. Even SUVs and trucks! Trackhawk, Raptor, the coming Rebel TRX, the coming Hellcat powered Durango, Rumored GT500 motor in a Raptor? The horsepower cup overfloweth! American cars are now at super car levels of performance but retain so much of the traditional American muscle and style. It's fantastic.

Now if only the Viper would come back! Mid Engine this time and with a DCT.
Also, these new Hot Rods respond so well to mods, i.e. superchargers, turbo(s), E85, etc. Never know what will pull up next to you and wanna "play"...Just a great time as you say. I thought I had missed out during the late 60s and early 70s because I was knee-high to a grass-hopper, but I'm starting to think that this is the Golden-era or at least Chapter 2 of what the Big 3 were producing 40-50 years ago.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
The Red Eye had a big advantage its was using the drag tire setup from the demon. The GT500 had street tires and anyone saying that a drag tire compared to a street tire would make little change is really out there. I've seen a drag tire setup compared to a street tire setup make up to .5 second at the track on the same car and same day. Like I said 18 inch drag tires on the 1/4 mile strip is going to be faster than any 20 inch street tires on the drag strip on the same car. The Red Eye had cheater tires 18 inch drag tires, the Gt500 had 20 inch street tires alot less side wall which makes a hell of a difference in hook up on the strip and 60 ft time. We all know in racing a tire can make you a winner or a loser on the race track. If you look at the time slips from the 330 ft mark to 1/4 mile mark in every race the GT500 was faster. So when they hooked up the GT500 was faster. The Red Eye's best time was from earlier in the day and the track condition could have been better. In the side by side racing the GT500 was faster thats why the 330 ft mark to 1/4 mile mark showed the GT500 was faster. The only place the Red Eye won at was the 60 ft time which is all about the traction, drag tire vs street tire. Im going to go with the professional at Edmunds numbers and results. I'am not going to base a stock car performance on too street car when there is way too many variables and a big one is tires in this race. I'am going with the professional at Edmunds as to which is faster stock.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
On one hand we have the same people praising Randy and saying that he would never sandbag a Ford vs a Chevy (which I don't personally believe he did).

On the other hand those same people seem to dismiss Randy's direct feedback that the tires on the GT500 were cooked for the track and that the GT500 would be faster on fresh tires than a ZL1 1LE. It's all right there on video, Randy said it.

You can't pick and choose what you want to believe from Randy. You either do or you don't.
Stop trying to spin ever post VOODOO about the Shelbygt500 just because you own one. You know time slips alway show the performance of any car at the drag way.
Reverse it, for the tinfoil hats here that say RP sandbags all the Fords, yet take his claim as gospel that the GT500 would win on fresh tires.

Randy's a professional driver, who works with multiple manufacturers. Why would he risk his career when there's no benefit to gained by sandbagging a car?
I dont use camaro logic, i accept facts
Fact 1- THEY wanted heads up races
2- GT500 won 2 of 3
3-gt500s have the fastest trapspeeds
4 I offered demons and pinkeyes i pay trackdays to establish the fastest ET of the day, which would be the slip
5- none have taken me up on the offer, to include blaq

Stop twisting to fit your wrong assumptions

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I dont use camaro logic, i accept facts
Fact 1- THEY wanted heads up races
2- GT500 won 2 of 3
3-gt500s have the fastest trapspeeds
4 I offered demons and pinkeyes i pay trackdays to establish the fastest ET of the day, which would be the slip
5- none have taken me up on the offer, to include blaq

Stop twisting to fit your wrong assumptions
So now fastest trap speed wins a 1/4 mile race?

The excuses never stop, now the slips don't matter after weeks of asking for them? Looks like you and your other crew are the ones constantly doing the bolded.

Have a good one.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So now fastest trap speed wins a 1/4 mile race?

The excuses never stop, now the slips don't matter after weeks of asking for them? Looks like you and your other crew are the ones constantly doing the bolded.

Have a good one.
Did the hell cat lose 2 of 3? The answer is yes. See no excuses is easy. Im not going to make any convoluted excuses? Which car got to the finished line first? That's drag racing. Did the the hellcat redlight in one of those races? Again the answer is yes. So that's a loss for the hellcat. Now go back and read the first post you made in this thread. You asked if you were missing something? If you were that should clear everything up. Agreed?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Did the hell cat lose 2 of 3? The answer is yes. See no excuses is easy. Im not going to make any convoluted excuses? Which car got to the finished line first? That's drag racing. Did the the hellcat redlight in one of those races? Again the answer is yes. So that's a loss for the hellcat. Now go back and read the first post you made in this thread. You asked if you were missing something? If you were that should clear everything up. Agreed?
Nope, like I said celebrate your “victory” for your 100k plus car because a guy barely left early. Enjoy!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nope, like I said celebrate your “victory” for your 100k plus car because a guy barely left early. Enjoy!
Thats drag racing. You said your car is a near 6 figure car. And I'd destroy you at the drag strip. In a 5 year old piece of junk. But for the record. I'd out Reaction time, out sixty, and out ET both of the cars in this video also.:wink:Gotta take the victories were you can get them.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thats drag racing. You said your car is a near 6 figure car. And I'd destroy you at the drag strip. In a 5 year old piece of junk. But for the record. I'd out Reaction time, out sixty, and out ET both of the cars in this video also.:wink:Gotta take the victories were you can get them.
I never said mine was. That is what the vast majority of GT500s are going for now is what I was saying in that post.
Sponsored