BMR Toe Rods FYI

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I just saw a post on Facebook from someone having noise issues with BMR toe rods/links, similar to what I experienced. Apparently they had a bad batch of rod ends and have now sourced from a different manufacturer to alleviate the issue. I just called up BMR and they are sending me replacement rod ends free of charge.

That's great customer service! For anyone having the same problem, call up BMR and let them know. They stand by their product.
Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Yep. Its unfortunate too as those bearings are not cheap. Very significant costs when rectifying issues like that with a suppliers defective part.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yep. Its unfortunate too as those bearings are not cheap. Very significant costs when rectifying issues like that with a suppliers defective part.
I can imagine. I was surprised how little effort it took on my part. I simply called them, told them my issue and what I had heard and they started the process to replace them right away. No further explanation needed.

The stock toe rods are fine, but I want the BMR ones are on my car if at all possible. Way more adjustment range and if I am correct, they also help maintain better geometry.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Kelly, is it just noise to your knowledge or any concern on drag cars launched and them coming apart?

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Just noise.

Some companies will not even warranty a rod-end due to noise as they'll tell you "that's just the nature of the beast with rod-ends".

@Bluemustang I probably replaced around 50 rod-ends or so on TR005s while I was there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just noise.

Some companies will not even warranty a rod-end due to noise as they'll tell you "that's just the nature of the beast with rod-ends".

@Bluemustang I probably replaced around 50 rod-ends or so on TR005s while I was there.
Wow, okay. That puts it into perspective for me. Still worth it to have them on vs. stock in your opinion? The TR005

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Any idea when the questionable rod ends were identified and taken out of use, when did the new ends start being used in production. I received a set in Dec. 2019, just getting ready to install......but I don't want to do the job twice!!

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I too would be interested in a manufacturing date range of the affected parts. I have the BMR TR005 and have some clicking/metallic noises (that I suspect is coming from them).

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
subbing, just bought a litany of 6g suspension nirvana parts and my local tech recommended I add in these adjustable toe rods for the adjustment for alignment even if I'm not tracking my car. Still worth the ~$200?

Sponsored

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I did the the BMR adjustable toe links, BMR camber lockouts, and Steeda adjustable camber links. The OG camber adjustments on these cars is pretty hard to access and work with. I did them for my alignment guy....so he doesn't get frustrated and skip doing a full and precise alignment, you know "It's close enough".

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
subbing, just bought a litany of 6g suspension nirvana parts and my local tech recommended I add in these adjustable toe rods for the adjustment for alignment even if I'm not tracking my car. Still worth the ~$200?
I would say so, yes. Even if only for the ease of adjustment for whoever does your alignments.

Side note - I haven't called BMR to ask about affected manufacturing dates of said part, but I have faith that BMR has whatever issue sorted out by now. They've been selling these for several years now.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Any idea when the questionable rod ends were identified and taken out of use, when did the new ends start being used in production. I received a set in Dec. 2019, just getting ready to install......but I don't want to do the job twice!!
Not sure exactly how far it goes back but once we caught wind of the situation all sales were halted on the TR005. Until our inventory items were checked and rod ends replaced.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not sure exactly how far it goes back but once we caught wind of the situation all sales were halted on the TR005. Until our inventory items were checked and rod ends replaced.
Any Idea on what date sales were halted and inventory corrected? Mine were invoiced and shipped on 12/04/19.
Sponsored