Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you will need an alignment after the springs. One more item you may want to look into for setting the alignment is ...

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...FbuNvaJynpYFuOjHb6i8l3iT6EWFnskoaAl1iEALw_wcB

The factory strut mounts have no adjustment for camber. Running our Camber plates in place of the factory mounts will allow you to align the car properly.

Let us know if we can help assist further.

TJ
Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you will need an alignment after the springs. One more item you may want to look into for setting the alignment is ...

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...FbuNvaJynpYFuOjHb6i8l3iT6EWFnskoaAl1iEALw_wcB

The factory strut mounts have no adjustment for camber. Running our Camber plates in place of the factory mounts will allow you to align the car properly.

Let us know if we can help assist further.

TJ
Just got my pro-Active shocks/struts/bumpstops today. A major improvement in ride. It's not the comfort of my mom's BMW 535I, but I'm very pleased.

Question for TJ: When getting my alignment after the install of the Pro-Actives, the tech said my tie rod ends had a little slack. Does Steeda make replacement tie rod ends?
IMG_20200205_151526920.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Just got my pro-Active shocks/struts/bumpstops today. A major improvement in ride. It's not the comfort of my mom's BMW 535I, but I'm very pleased.

Question for TJ: When getting my alignment after the install of the Pro-Actives, the tech said my tie rod ends had a little slack. Does Steeda make replacement tie rod ends?
How do the actives compare to the stock dampers in terms of ride quality, I.E. hitting bumps, and how do you find the handling in turns? How does the car perform when launching and braking hard? Less nose lift and dive or about the same?

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
How do the actives compare to the stock dampers in terms of ride quality, I.E. hitting bumps, and how do you find the handling in turns? How does the car perform when launching and braking hard? Less nose lift and dive or about the same?
I find the actives a lot flatter. The stock dampers didn't seem to control the springs very well and you would end up with an oscillation. Ride quality is improved as you don't get that oscillation building up and you don't feel the small bumps nearly as much. I was starting with a PP GT so the springs are pretty stiff and the dampers not great.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Our Steeda Bumpsteer kit will replace the outer tie rod ends.

Part number 555-8133

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-bumpsteer-kit-2015-555-8133.html

TJ

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I find the actives a lot flatter. The stock dampers didn't seem to control the springs very well and you would end up with an oscillation. Ride quality is improved as you don't get that oscillation building up and you don't feel the small bumps nearly as much. I was starting with a PP GT so the springs are pretty stiff and the dampers not great.
Thank you. That's kinda what I was hoping they would be like. I notice the oscillation you speak of in my 19 PP. A lot of the roads around me tend to unsettle the rear of the car. These active dampers should help a lot.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have the bumpsteer kit already installed! It's only been about 6 months or so. Please don't tell me it has to be replaced!
No, they do not need to be replaced. This is a very durable part!
Steeda tech

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thank you. That's kinda what I was hoping they would be like. I notice the oscillation you speak of in my 19 PP. A lot of the roads around me tend to unsettle the rear of the car. These active dampers should help a lot.
I did the progressive springs at the same time (spacers and camber plates also). It doesn't ride like a Lincoln but it went from back pain to a stiff ride. It also handles better as well as it seems to be easier to control when pushing hard.

Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
So not the same thread pitch as the steeda mounts I already own it turns out.
CodeRedBoys.jpg

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Anybody installed the active dampers on stock springs?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Installed mine on Ford X springs 1” drop but stock springs can be used on actives
There's abundant feedback on stock springs with koni actives, however there's none with the steeda actives.
Consensus seems to be that koni actives are better on stock height so it would be nice to know if steeda's also run better on stock height/springs.
Sponsored