• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Ohio 2019 Mustang GT 6 speed...fire damaged

Toastedpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
This 2019 GT was my coworker's car. It was a month old and had just rolled over 1000 miles when it was lost in a house fire. I'm a vintage car guy and bought their '67 convertible which was also burnt, and ended up with the '19 as well.
I don't know the modern cars well and joined the forum in hopes of finding someone that can put it to good use.

Drivetrain is untouched and stock exhaust, front wheels, differential, transmission, brakes, etc are all intact. It looks like the engine cover melted over the intake and valve covers, but they're still sealed. The radiator hoses, serpentine belt, etc aren't melted. Fire didn't get under the car so none of the hard parts are damaged aside from some corrosion.

I'm currently looking for wheels to make it roll so I can clean it up and get better photos.

Car is stored at my warehouse in the Cincinnati area and I have dollies, forklift, etc to help load.

It has a good, un-branded Ohio title. Vin report shows "total loss" but there's no mention of salvage, fire, accident, etc. I don't know why its not branded, but that's what the insurance company gave the owner. VIN available on request.

Asking $3000 obo.
Sponsored

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Total loss means salvage. (DMV will check for total loss upon issuing of the new title). Sorry for the loss of your coworker..

OP
OP

Toastedpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Thank you, the '67 was a really tough loss as they had owned the car for 30 years. Funny thing though, when I started looking the '67 over, there was a lot of old, hidden unibody rust. They weren't aware how bad it was...The fire might've actually prevented a serious crash in the future. :shock:

On the title, there is a difference. Ohio has a specific branded title for salvage cars, and title search will show "Salvage". This has a regular title. Not sure if it was an oversight or something to do with the way it was paid out. Just trying to keep things clear for potential buyers. If anyone needs to see the title report I can email it.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I can't imagine anything on here being worth salvaging. You can see that this was a really hot fire so I'm not even sure some of the large stuff like the engine block is salvageable. Thank you for the transparency but unfortunately I think the insurance claim is about all you will get. Hope it works out for you all.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
$3,000 ??????

Seriously folks this is junk.

Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
I can't imagine anything on here being worth salvaging. You can see that this was a really hot fire so I'm not even sure some of the large stuff like the engine block is salvageable. Thank you for the transparency but unfortunately I think the insurance claim is about all you will get. Hope it works out for you all.
VIN number can be used to register a stolen Mustang GT :facepalm:, other than that that car is done.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How long was that roasting for and was there anything left of the house?

Deleted member 35644

How long was that roasting for and was there anything left of the house?
Interesting that you ask that question, because this portion of the picture is a puzzler....to me, anyway. What's up with the perfect particle board in the garage just feet from where the wheels melted off the car?

Wall.JPG
Sponsored