Sponsored

Brake fluid for track on base mustang 4 pot brakes

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Hi guys, so any recommendations for the best brake fluid for the base brakes on my base mustang gt? can u guys recommend a good better best option, thanx
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Flush it all with Motul 660, its good high temp stuff. If you want to pay more get some Castrol SRF.

The advantages to SRF is you can change it a little less often if you’re not boiling it too badly, and you let the brake fluid sit in the car for months. With 4-pot base brakes bring extra fluid to the track in case you want to bleed some between sessions (if the brakes get spongey due to air in the lines). Even with the Brembo 6 pistons, I’ll often need to bleed some at the end of the first day of a two day event. Our cars are heavy AF.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Second here for SRF. If you're going to go through the effort of bleeding andfflushing regularly, Motul 600 is great.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
SRF > RBF660
RBF660 > RBF600 by a very small amount when 'fresh' (but may need more frequent attention to stay that way)

Norm

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
SRF > RBF660
RBF660 > RBF600 by a very small amount when 'fresh' (but may need more frequent attention to stay that way)

Norm
So i take it “good” is rbf600 “better” rbf660 and “best” srf??

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Flush it all with Motul 660, its good high temp stuff. If you want to pay more get some Castrol SRF.

The advantages to SRF is you can change it a little less often if you’re not boiling it too badly, and you let the brake fluid sit in the car for months. With 4-pot base brakes bring extra fluid to the track in case you want to bleed some between sessions (if the brakes get spongey due to air in the lines). Even with the Brembo 6 pistons, I’ll often need to bleed some at the end of the first day of a two day event. Our cars are heavy AF.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
depends on your definition of “best”. Dry boiling points are similar between SRF and RBF600/660. 660 is marginally better than 600 but costs more. SRF had better “wet” boiling point than most others (read wet as old fluid), but its expensive. RBF600 will get you through the day just as easily as the others if its fresh.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm gonna respectfully change the topic here a bit, but I'm wondering why exactly you are looking for specifically a brake fluid change?

Are you finding that you're outdriving the brakes? Have you had trouble with boiling the stock fluid? What other mods do you have on the car and most specifically brake pads and rotors?

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I use ATE type 200 brake fluid in my base GT. I've heard great things about all the fluids recommended so far, especially the SRF

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I'm gonna respectfully change the topic here a bit, but I'm wondering why exactly you are looking for specifically a brake fluid change?

Are you finding that you're outdriving the brakes? Have you had trouble with boiling the stock fluid? What other mods do you have on the car and most specifically brake pads and rotors?
Yes and yea on the first part but that was on the stock brakes and rotors, i recently upgraded to the power stop track rotors and pads am hoping i get less or no fade my next time out, i been running the stock brake fluid ao thats why i was looking for ur gus opinion on better brake fluid

Sponsored
OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I use ATE type 200 brake fluid in my base GT. I've heard great things about all the fluids recommended so far, especially the SRF
Ive heard about the ate fluid lots of ppl
Actually, may i ask what rotors and pads u used on your base gt and did u get any fade?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I ran the ATE200 fluid while I had either HPS or HP+ pads on the car (street driving with only one cautious track day). When I stepped up to Carbotech track pads, I went to RBF600. Since then, I've heard more than once that higher-mu pads can cause higher caliper and fluid temperatures.

Norm

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
anyone know how much fluid it would take to flush out the old stuff?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know how much fluid it would take to flush out the old stuff?
2-3L for a full flush. I try to do it in 2L but its hard to tell when to stop on each caliper when its all about the same color.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Ive heard about the ate fluid lots of ppl
Actually, may i ask what rotors and pads u used on your base gt and did u get any fade?
I've used stock rotors and both the Track day pads and G-loc R12's. Was able to fade the track day pads as I got faster; hence the R12's. Just curious, how many track events do you have under your belt and what tracks?
Sponsored