Sponsored

Truck engine for mustang

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Let me be clear, I am against the sway by PRINCIPLE. I do not think the Godzilla engine is junk. If I were buying a 3/4 ton truck right now, oh you bet it would be an F250. But we literally have people who can't wait to buy a brand new Godzilla at who knows what outrageous price to swap into their S550 cars or Fox Body cars what not and these same people are the nut gagging dingleberry airheads that bitch and moan about horsepower per liter. And now that big displacement arises they about face. Huh, sounds like GM was right (LS platform...). Also a good swap usually is predicated by a return on the cost that is being assumed to either build a solid foundation for growth and/or reliability. This is why so many American V8's end up in FD cars for instance. Let's say for a minute that a Godzilla long block is $9,000. Now let's start adding it all up:

$9,000 - engine
$2,000 - headers and exhaust
$400 - camshaft
$1200 - head porting program
$3,500 - fancy intake manifold
? - mounting hardware
? - control pack
? - transmission
$500 - tuning

$16,600 and counting and not including mounting hardware and a control pack.

600 crank horsepower

Or junkyard a Coyote out of a 15 - 17 S550.

$4,500 - engine
$8,000 - VMP Gen3
$1,600 - control pack
$1,800 - transmission
$500 - tuning
$1000 - MM Fox Swap K Member and pedal hardware

$19,400

700 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER

While these numbers are approximate and not 100% accurate we still don't have a number for a transmission and a control pack. But I can promise you it's not going to be only $500. Based on this theoretical picture, I know exactly what I'd do. And Coyote swapping, even with boost is now routine.

If people can start picking up junkyard Godzillas for a few thousand maybe there's a point. But it's about cost and sensibility. I don't see it.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Let me be clear, I am against the sway by PRINCIPLE. I do not think the Godzilla engine is junk. If I were buying a 3/4 ton truck right now, oh you bet it would be an F250. But we literally have people who can't wait to buy a brand new Godzilla at who knows what outrageous price to swap into their S550 cars or Fox Body cars what not and these same people are the nut gagging dingleberry airheads that bitch and moan about horsepower per liter. And now that big displacement arises they about face. Huh, sounds like GM was right (LS platform...). Also a good swap usually is predicated by a return on the cost that is being assumed to either build a solid foundation for growth and/or reliability. This is why so many American V8's end up in FD cars for instance. Let's say for a minute that a Godzilla long block is $9,000. Now let's start adding it all up:

$9,000 - engine
$400 - camshaft
$1200 - head porting program
$3,500 - fancy intake manifold
? - mounting hardware
? - control pack
? - transmission
$500 - tuning

$16,600 and counting and not including mounting hardware and a control pack.

600 crank horsepower

Or junkyard a Coyote out of a 15 - 17 S550.

$4,500 - engine
$8,000 - VMP Gen3
$1,600 - control pack
$1,800 - transmission
$500 - tuning
$1000 - MM Fox Swap K Member and pedal hardware

$19,400

700 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER

While these numbers are approximate and not 100% accurate we still don't have a number for a transmission and a control pack. But I can promise you it's not going to be only $500. Based on this theoretical picture, I know exactly what I'd do. And Coyote swapping, even with boost is now routine.

If people can start picking up junkyard Godzillas for a few thousand maybe there's a point. But it's about cost and sensibility. I don't see it.
This swap is not for you. $3500 intake? That's silly.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Looks like that support has already started.
It will be interesting to see what they come up with. When the original thread on this engine being swapped into a car started last year I said it would be a cool swap for a fox body or SN95 once performance parts came out.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think Ford would be stupid not to have a new Boss 429 in the mix. I'd really like to see this new Godzilla put to the test and converted from truck to muscle car. With some aftermarket parts I could see these new 429's making some serious NA power.
Sponsored