Sponsored

What to do first

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ GT Premium
I have a 17 GT, non pp. I want to stiffen the suspension some for daily driving but I also want to fix the wheel hop for the occasional street race in Mexico. Here is what I'm thinking:

1. BMR CB005R cradle bushing lockout kit
2. SR Performance springs
3. SR Performance shocks and struts
4. BMR TCA048 vertical links
5. BMR CB006R front subframe chassis brace
6. J&M rear upper shock mounts
7. BMR TR005R rear toe links
8. BMR CJR002R low profile jacking rails
9. BMR BK049 rear differential bushing kit
10. BMR BK047 rear cradle bushing kit
11. BMR BK081 standard rear lower control arm bearing kit

I am not sure what combination of these I need for what my goals are with the car. I know yall probably arent fans of the Sr Performance parts, but I had the BMR minimum drop springs on my previous mustang and want it a little lower. I don't want it if its not necessary. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve got all Steeda parts on my car so I canā€™t really help with what the best combo would be of the parts you listed, but Iā€™m sure others will be able to set you straight on that. Iā€™d say your first order of business though is to decide how far you wanna go. Do you want to completely rid the car of any and all wheel hop? How much nvh is acceptable to you? Answering these should narrow down your list quite a bit as far as what parts you need

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ GT Premium
Iā€™ve got all Steeda parts on my car so I canā€™t really help with what the best combo would be of the parts you listed, but Iā€™m sure others will be able to set you straight on that. Iā€™d say your first order of business though is to decide how far you wanna go. Do you want to completely rid the car of any and all wheel hop? How much nvh is acceptable to you? Answering these should narrow down your list quite a bit as far as what parts you need
Iā€™m not dead set on BMR, I just know their good and I have had some of their parts.
As far as NVH, I would like to keep it minimal above stock. I know for sure I want the cradle lockout and springs, above that just looking for the edge against lightly modified mustangs in a 40 or 60 roll race.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You donā€™t need /any/ of that for a 40-60mph roll race. At those speeds wheel hop doesnā€™t really happen unless youā€™ve got a blower.

do the springs you want, some a shocks to control things, and your rear subframe bracing. IDK about ā€œSRā€ shocks, Iā€™d personally go with one of the more proven options. Ford track shocks, Koni adjustables, or one of Steedas shock offerings.

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ GT Premium
You donā€™t need /any/ of that for a 40-60mph roll race. At those speeds wheel hop doesnā€™t really happen unless youā€™ve got a blower.

do the springs you want, some a shocks to control things, and your rear subframe bracing. IDK about ā€œSRā€ shocks, Iā€™d personally go with one of the more proven options. Ford track shocks, Koni adjustables, or one of Steedas shock offerings.
I have an Edelbrock supercharger kit coming in the next couple of months. Does that change anything?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Edelbrock supercharger kit coming in the next couple of months. Does that change anything?
a little, but Iā€™d say donā€™t guess at it, but the blower on and then see how bad it is.

The LCRA bearings help a ton, but theyā€™re the nearly the worst to swap out. Diff bushings will add noise. Good (not crappy) shocks will help too. If youā€™re doing the rear subframe braces, hipefully you donā€™t really need anything else to cure 85% of it. The other thing is replacing the toe link bushing with a bearing back there. I personally would avoid swapping out the diff parts, but thats just me.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I love my BMR performance springs. They re-use the stock shocks, but the drop is perfect in my opinion. Definitely more than the minimal drop ones.

I have the cradle lockout kit and swaybars as well. I like it. I think it's a great setup.

I also got the Steeda front cam bolt so I can adjust the camber and rear camber adjustment as well... I don't like how the rear camber is greater than the front when you lower the car, and that fixed it.

I haven't had much wheel hop, but I'm putting a whipple on right now, so I'm expecting that will change when I'm done.

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ GT Premium
I will look into those BMR performance springs. I like BMR as was happy with my previous springs, just want a little more drop.

Are away bars something I should be looking into for basically straight line driving?

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I will look into those BMR performance springs. I like BMR as was happy with my previous springs, just want a little more drop.

Are away bars something I should be looking into for basically straight line driving?
Check out my install in my build thread or search for the BMR drop thread. Tons of photos in there. If you are interested in buying something, shoot me a PM and I can help.

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ GT Premium
Check out my install in my build thread or search for the BMR drop thread. Tons of photos in there. If you are interested in buying something, shoot me a PM and I can help.
Love the stance. Those are the BMR performance springs set correct? What shocks/struts are you using?

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ GT Premium
Thanks!

yes, they are the performance springs, which match up to the stock shocks/struts, so you donā€™t need to replace those if you donā€™t want.
Do u know the model #? It looks like there is a set that drops the rear only 0.25ā€, yours is much lower than that.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Do u know the model #? It looks like there is a set that drops the rear only 0.25ā€, yours is much lower than that.
sp080
The rear drop isn't that much... I do have 20s on the rear now with bigger tires, which fill in the wheel well slightly.

check out the first post in this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bmr-suspensions-s550-lowering-springs-stance-pics.16517/

it will give you a good idea what the different setups look like on the S550.

Seriously, when/if you're serious about getting some springs, let me know and I can help.
Sponsored