Sponsored

The Pot Calling the Kettle Black

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Deleted member 35644

This is what teenage girls do when they know they're ugly...they criticize everyone else's looks.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is what teenage girls do when they know they're ugly...they criticize everyone else's looks.
Possibly, but my best guess is it was an honest opinion from the engineer. At least that's what it reads like to me. I would be surprised if I tore something down and found loose screws inside an electrical enclosure. I know I've never seen that in any of my past Fords.

He probably hasn't torn down Fords so he may not even know what they are like. Not really sure.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not surprised that Tesla engineering would flout regulations - out of sheer ignorance (unlikely but possible when you hire people who don't have automotive engineering background) or out of deliberate 'necessity' (cost control). "we're too big to prosecute or jail" is a big problem there on the left coast digital crowd, too. Having identified as a Ford engineer it's no wonder it got yanked. I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking for new employment. I agree with the premise of Tesla sticking to battery tech, drive train, and software control thereof. I expect Tesla will become a joint Ford/GM venture for EV driveline (buy out) and sheet metal will die. Granted Tesla will need to go bankrupt first but that'll be soon enough - mile-high stock price notwithstanding.
Sponsored