lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Note to self: leave the paddles alone when in S or S+.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. My only thought is why didn't the car downshift? I was coasting from 55 MPH in 10th gear. Under normal driving in S mode, it shifts into and stays in 7th gear at 51 MPH. I guess I taught the transmission that I drive like an old lady. Probably need to spend more time in S mode and be the asshole in the red Mustang.
myZth4Q.gif
Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your car should still shift on its own, I'm not sure where these guys got that it doesn't, either that or mine is wrong, I literally did it this morning before posting so I don't look stupid

Deleted member 35644

Your car should still shift on its own, I'm not sure where these guys got that it doesn't, either that or mine is wrong, I literally did it this morning before posting so I don't look stupid
You did what this morning? If you put it in Sport, and tapped a paddle, it will no longer upshift on its own. If it does, it's malfunctioning. We all know it should downshift on its own when coasting in Sport as it nears idle, whether or not it's in automatic mode or manual mode, and downshifts more aggressively if you're on the brakes.

If you just tapped a paddle in "D", it will revert to automatic after 10 or so seconds. Clarify what you did this morning.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great post, I just wanted to say, they should've labeled the mode M (as in manual), to differentiate between the S/S+ setting (for overall settings).

Agree completely. People get confused over the Trans Modes (in autos) and the actual center stack Drive Modes.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Great post, I just wanted to say, they should've labeled the mode M (as in manual), to differentiate between the S/S+ setting (for overall settings).
That makes sense but the only problem with that is that if you don't touch the paddles, "S" is still automatic and shifts up and down. "M" would seem to imply that it is strictly a manual mode.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
That makes sense but the only problem with that is that if you don't touch the paddles, "S" is still automatic and shifts up and down. "M" would seem to imply that it is strictly a manual mode.
You know what that means, they should call it ...

S&M

:rockon:
That would probably hurt, jus sayin'. :surprised:
Sponsored