Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@honeybadger

Are there different pedestal height options you can choose from for the 250 wing?
Not that I am aware of. I don't think you'd want to lower it, tho. It's designed to be above the roof line. The new GT500 option they're working on is a much better option if you want some but not all of the craziness.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not that I am aware of. I don't think you'd want to lower it, tho. It's designed to be above the roof line. The new GT500 option they're working on is a much better option if you want some but not all of the craziness.
Now we're talkin'

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I wonder if it could be a Forscan tweak?
I doubt it. I I remember correctly, there’s a wire in the headlight switch harness that should be either powered or grounded out to make the light come on. It’s been a almost two years since I looked at it. I need to dig it up.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I doubt it. I I remember correctly, there’s a wire in the headlight switch harness that should be either powered or grounded out to make the light come on. It’s been a almost two years since I looked at it. I need to dig it up.
Let me know if you need anything looked up.:like:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Put the beer down the shape of the GT350 isn't appropriate looking for eleanor lights.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Put the beer down the shape of the GT350 isn't appropriate looking for eleanor lights.
no beer here... it’s all bourbon :)🙃:)

and I’m still looking, gotta find some additional illumination somewhere :wink:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The challenge is design language. When light housings are mixed and matched like that they just look out of place. The S550 had a lot of organic queues in the design language. Ford themselves said the headlights were modeled after an actual ford's eye and lid. The '18+ cars' headlights were modeled after a hawk's eyes. For 2011 - 2014 there was round on round headlight and fog lights and it worked.

And to @honeybadger 's point, he has a point...and that's where I'm struggling. I know 100% that if I want more rear end down force (which I do) the buck stops at the APR GT-250 wing. But because I drive my car on the street as well, I'm not sure if I want something that radical, and let's be real, that out of place on my car. Time will tell.
I struggle with incorporating 60/70's design cues into this new S550 chassis (fog lamps, side scoops, window scoops, rear window louvers).
At times I go back and forth between wanting the traditional 60's style body or even the pre-2015 body style (square/muscle car) vs the more "Euro" style chassis of the present day.
However, the debate doesn't last long because each time I walk into my garage and get a look at the profile of the GT350.. I keep saying to myself (out loud) "dang that's nice".
Just an FYI.... If you have access to the Overhaulin library of episodes, there was a guy with a 2016 GT350 Tech pkg car which was redone by Chip Foose and he actually put in Fog lights on the grill. It looked pretty good IMHO.
One last comment about spoilers, I have owned 3 mustangs and I am certain now of my preferences when it comes to the back trunk lid. For me, less is more.... I went from the basic deck lid spoiler on my GT coupe to the MMD by Foose spoiler which was minimal, but really followed the design lines and looked like it was stock... this won out over the MMD V series spoiler which is aggressive, and looks weighty.
I then had a raised deck lid spoiler on my California Special Convertible which just looked out of place on a vert. Finally when I saw the 2019 GT350 redesign in a showroom for the first time, my initial reaction was..... that swing/spoiler has to go. It's a cool design and I'm sure there are improved aero benefits for those track guys really pushing the car, but for me it just didn't settle in, it was distracting and unbalanced in my opinion. I tried to warm up to it, but ended up putting the standard track pack spoiler on and that's about as aggressive as I want to go. I think the car would look great with the MMD by Foose Spoiler as well.
I guess it depends upon functionality vs appearance. I may track mine a few times a year, but it's not the focus. I'm also not a car show trophy enthusiast...
Just my opinion.....to each his own.
Sponsored