Sponsored

Fitment help

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
I am looking at some Verde V99 Axis wheels in bronze for my 2017 GT. They have 20x10.5 with 45mm offset. I was going to do either a 275/35 or 285/35 ties setup with the BMR handling springs. I would like to run a square setup so I can rotate tires. Will this offset be usable without rubbing and crazy spacers?
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No. They’ll fit on the rear but will rub the struts on the front. With a 10.5 wheel, a +35 is the highest you can get away with. So you’re looking at at least 15mm spacers on the front

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
No. They’ll fit on the rear but will rub the struts on the front. With a 10.5 wheel, a +35 is the highest you can get away with. So you’re looking at at least 15mm spacers on the front
I can do 15mm, I used the 25mm on the stock setup to get close to flush fit at all 4 corners.

Will the 15mm end up giving me a lot of poke on the front?

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You’d be fine. I had 19x10.5 +30 wheels on the front of my car and I think they fit perfect. Pics below. A +35 would sit 5mm more inward. Only thing you’ll run into potentially is tire rub on the strut. If you go with a 285, you won’t have that issue. You’ll also need some camber in order for the rear to be flush. I’ll link you to the aggressive fitment thread where a couple guys have done this
FA6C7460-A99C-4E69-80B8-CD005C53FE45.jpeg
3D7D7FDE-9ECA-4B3F-AB08-2FDABAADE892.jpeg
F8286CE5-4991-4F79-88E4-72DDB53A3B93.jpeg

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
You’d be fine. I had 19x10.5 +30 wheels on the front of my car and I think they fit perfect. Pics below. A +35 would sit 5mm more inward. Only thing you’ll run into potentially is tire rub on the strut. If you go with a 285, you won’t have that issue. You’ll also need some camber in order for the rear to be flush. I’ll link you to the aggressive fitment thread where a couple guys have done this
FA6C7460-A99C-4E69-80B8-CD005C53FE45.jpeg
3D7D7FDE-9ECA-4B3F-AB08-2FDABAADE892.jpeg
F8286CE5-4991-4F79-88E4-72DDB53A3B93.jpeg
That looks good. So basically the higher the offset, the more sunk in the wheel will be and the closer to the strut?

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That looks good. So basically the higher the offset, the more sunk in the wheel will be and the closer to the strut?
Exactly. Offset is the relation of the hub to the center of the wheel and is measured from the center of the wheel. The higher the number, the closer the hub sits to the face of the wheel. The lower the number, the closer the hub sits to the back (suspension side) of the wheel. So a wheel with 0mm offset, the hub is dead center of the wheel.

Also, I realize in my first post that I said you’d need at least a 15mm spacer. If your wheels are a +45, you’ll need at least a 10mm spacer (making the effective offset 35mm) But if you went with a 15mm, your fitment would be like mine was in those pictures (effectively a 30mm offset)

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Exactly. Offset is the relation of the hub to the center of the wheel and is measured from the center of the wheel. The higher the number, the closer the hub sits to the face of the wheel. The lower the number, the closer the hub sits to the back (suspension side) of the wheel. So a wheel with 0mm offset, the hub is dead center of the wheel.

Also, I realize in my first post that I said you’d need at least a 15mm spacer. If your wheels are a +45, you’ll need at least a 10mm spacer (making the effective offset 35mm) But if you went with a 15mm, your fitment would be like mine was in those pictures (effectively a 30mm offset)
A couple quick questions to go along with this. You have a 19x10.5 +30 running what size tire in the photos? Also if running a square wheel setup where obviously the wheels have the same offset at all four corners, would spacers be needed at either the front or the rear to look and perform properly? I have seen a lot of talk of varied spacers at the front versus the rear in square setup threads and am starting to wonder if just buying properly sized wheels and tires is not the whole picture for a daily/HPDE square setup. Thank you for any wisdom you can share.

OP
OP
jojo4711

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
A couple quick questions to go along with this. You have a 19x10.5 +30 running what size tire in the photos? Also if running a square wheel setup where obviously the wheels have the same offset at all four corners, would spacers be needed at either the front or the rear to look and perform properly? I have seen a lot of talk of varied spacers at the front versus the rear in square setup threads and am starting to wonder if just buying properly sized wheels and tires is not the whole picture for a daily/HPDE square setup. Thank you for any wisdom you can share.
Properly sized wheels and tires is somewhat subjective. Some people like the way the stock wheels and tires are tucked into the fenders, others like the tire sticking out with some poke. I wouldn’t really say that there is a “proper fitment”, there is stock and aftermarket in my eyes. When trying to fit as big of a wheel and tire possible at all 4 corners, u sometimes need spacers to keep the square setup because of different offsets. The front and rear offset from Ford is not the same.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those are 295/35 Pilot Super Sports in those pictures. You can absolutely run a square set of wheels for daily and HPDE duties. People go the route of spacers to get their wheels to clear the suspension. They need the spacers to get the wheels to clear the suspension because of the width and offset of their wheels. A lot of people run 11” wheels so they can fit wide tires for more grip. With wheels that wide, offset is key as you’re running out of real estate in the wheel wells. If you go with something like 10” wide wheels, because they’re narrower, you can use the same offset front and rear and they’ll fit without spacers. With 11” wheels, not running spacers isn’t really an option unless you stagger the offsets (different front to rear)

A good example would be the set up I’m switching to. The wheels are 19x11 +52 offset. They’ll fit without issue on the rear, but would hit the struts on the front. So I got longer wheels studs to run 20-25mm spacers so that he wheels will fit on the front. Going this route allows me to run wide wheels on all corners and still be able to rotate them.

Hopefully that answers your questions
Sponsored