Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
can you please clarify your statement? "not sure what you mean by said the math the price of mine"
I think he met that “there is another dealer in Indiana that will match the price of mine.” At least that’s what I came up with when I broke out my decoder ring.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
With Covid you should be able to get a pretty decent deal, at least 6-7k off msrp. The only caveat is the limited production run of the 2020, but I think dealerships are desperate enough not to play that game... especially outside of the larger metropolitan areas such as CA and NY

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
With Covid you should be able to get a pretty decent deal, at least 6-7k off msrp. The only caveat is the limited production run of the 2020, but I think dealerships are desperate enough not to play that game... especially outside of the larger metropolitan areas such as CA and NY
That was my first thought. I contacted a few dealers and MSRP is what has been quoted and no follow ups from the dealerships in a week.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That was my first thought. I contacted a few dealers and MSRP is what has been quoted and no follow ups from the dealerships in a week.
Keep searching.. not sure how far you want to reach geographically. These dealerships should be willing to concede to below MSRP, even on an R.
Cars.com or Cargurus.com has good search engines for narrowing your list down. Explain that you are ready to purchase (even in the current situation) and give them a number.. then wait to see what they do. You many even want to talk directly with a sales manager vs a sales drone....

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I think you’ll be hard pressed to get much more below MSRP if anything on an R model.
Yea the economy is bad right now and Will be for a while but they are not stupid, they know that R won’t be sitting around for long at MSRP.

IF you were buying anything other than a Shelby or Raptor you’d have better luck.
If you REALLY want a 2020R and you find one that meets your specs I would jump on it without waiting too long.

the 2020s will be extra rare down the road because of the limited production caused by the virus.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’ll be hard pressed to get much more below MSRP if anything on an R model.
Yea the economy is bad right now and Will be for a while but they are not stupid, they know that R won’t be sitting around for long at MSRP.

IF you were buying anything other than a Shelby or Raptor you’d have better luck.
If you REALLY want a 2020R and you find one that meets your specs I would jump on it without waiting too long.

the 2020s will be extra rare down the road because of the limited production caused by the virus.
You may be right... i'm thinking from the perspective of a regular GT350...as the R's are more rare. It would still be nice to go below MSRP... but you might just want to snatch one up if you can find it in the right color combination, etc...

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
You may be right... i'm thinking from the perspective of a regular GT350...as the R's are more rare. It would still be nice to go below MSRP... but you might just want to snatch one up if you can find it in the right color combination, etc...
I agree with you, he’ll have a lot more latitude with a regular 350.

the R is a different ball game. Especially if it’s one of the Heritage Editions. One of those at MSRP is a steal right now!!!

I saw one on a car carrier as I was driving down the highway last week. Wasn’t impressed with the body color, the stripe package did look nice

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
If the pandemic is meaning unemployment is near 18%, then what about the other 80% of the people? And might it be the 18% is many of the more "modest" level jobs that are home, like a waitress or golf caddy?

Might it be they know the people looking for a 60-90K car maybe still has the money?

Might it be they make most of their sales in the summer, when things might be cleared up some?

There does reach a point they are losing money on it. They can't discount forever. I bet they are really motivated to sell a car and happy to make only $100, but maybe not losing $100

I have no idea, but maybe that's their logic

if this goes on all year, I think in oct-nov-dec that is when they will get aggressive

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I've spoke with several dealers, most aren't willing to do more than MSRP. I have 2 dealers that are talking but the discounts aren't much. I have a non R twin turbo now that's pretty much a non street drag car.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
a couple of the R's around here were 3-5 grand off even before Wuhan. Admittedly leftover '19s

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Recently shopped and purchased a new 2019 GT350, so a recent account of my experience in Western PA in mid-April. I was a cash buyer but ended up financing due to drop-dead-low rates:

- Several listed on CarGurus in my area between 3 and 5k off MSRP. 2020s between MSRP and 3k off.
- Almost bought an Orange one, PBR, Electronics, Carbon Dash, Leather Seats (gorgeous) in Cincinnati. MSRP 66, List 61, bartered to 59.5. Another dealer 20 minutes away wouldn't go below their 61 list.
- Grey/black stripe in KY listed at 59k flat (6.5k off MSRP).
- Best deal listed was $8k+ off MSRP for a white w/ blue stripe, electronics, leather in Danville, PA. He had it listed at 56.4k, only got him to 56 flat. 200 test drive miles though.
- Ended up buying a velocity blue / black stripe, leather, electronics in Michigan for $57k flat (list). $7500 off MSRP, kept in a showroom and it shows, maybe 50 miles of the mgr. driving it around block to keep tires even. Shipping to Pittsburgh area was $850 in enclosed transport.
- There was a 2020 R on CarGurus under MSRP if I recall correctly, and a 2018 w/ 2k miles, black and loaded, sold on BaT the other week at 58k.

All done w/ COVID-friendly distancing, phone deal, FedEx paperwork, and enclosed transport.

Savings leaves lots of room for PPF, tint, jacking rails, hood struts, oil separator, tires, tires, and tires.

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep searching.. not sure how far you want to reach geographically. These dealerships should be willing to concede to below MSRP, even on an R.
Cars.com or Cargurus.com has good search engines for narrowing your list down. Explain that you are ready to purchase (even in the current situation) and give them a number.. then wait to see what they do. You many even want to talk directly with a sales manager vs a sales drone....

I was able to make a deal today on a 2020, R -$2,400 off of MSRP. Local car, so no transportation cost.