Sponsored

BMR CB005 alone or add SCB766 too?

BlueGTPP52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Been doing a lot of reading on the subs about the rear subframe and I've decided to pull the trigger on the CB005 given all the rave reviews of it around here. My question is, since I'm going to have half the stuff apart anyway, is there any benefit to adding in the SCB766 along with it? I'm having a hard time figuring out the real benefit of the SCB766 (or the Steeda 555-4438) would be? Is it strictly just to help the alignment shop or does it actually give any performance benefits?

Also, installing this on a deep impact blue 15 GT PP so any input on red vs hammertone is appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No performance benefit at all to either alignment dowel option. The benefit is it then allows you to take the cradle down without touching alignment in the slightest, should you need to.

OP
OP
BlueGTPP52

BlueGTPP52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No performance benefit at all to either alignment dowel option. The benefit is it then allows you to take the cradle down without touching alignment in the slightest, should you need to.
Thanks! I guess my only other question is do I need an alignment after installing the CB005?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I guess my only other question is do I need an alignment after installing the CB005?
Yes it is strongly advised. This is also why it's advised to do things like springs at the same time (if you had plans to) since you need an alignment after that, too.

OP
OP
BlueGTPP52

BlueGTPP52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes it is strongly advised. This is also why it's advised to do things like springs at the same time (if you had plans to) since you need an alignment after that, too.
I'd love to do springs too along with a few other pieces to the suspension, but unfortunately funds are not available to do everything right now. Figured the CB005 was the first step in planting the rear end to the ground, then I can worry about springs, toe links, bearings, etc.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to do springs too along with a few other pieces to the suspension, but unfortunately funds are not available to do everything right now. Figured the CB005 was the first step in planting the rear end to the ground, then I can worry about springs, toe links, bearings, etc.
It does help quite significantly. Enjoy!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Another vote for doing springs at the same time as the CB005. Alignment after is a must. You won't be disappointed, the difference is night and day. Throw on some wider rubber and lightweight wheels and it's even better yet.

As for color, I'd probably go hammertone against DIB, but it's really personal preference. I went red against my Magnetic so the springs, cradle lockout, and jacking rails all matched, and play off my red interior.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I did the cb010 first and after seeing how Ford designed the attachment points with teeth that grip into the cars metal to keep the subframe from walking on you. The cb010 kit seemed to eliminate that with the spacers. Whether it does or not I can’t say. I then installed the scb766 kit to keep it all locked in and centered.

With that, I would definitely do both at the same time. I’m perfectly content with my springs, so no comment on that.

Last edited:

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I went with the BMR CB010 and Steeda 555-4438 and the difference is impressive. My plan was to add BMR CB 762 next, but that's on the back burner now due to the results of the first upgrade.
Color is a personal preference. I'm another one who likes Magnetic with red, Showstopper Red in my case, and as much as I had planned to install some red suspension parts, it hasn't worked out that way. Blue with red? That's up to you, it's not a bad look but it's probably not for everyone.

Edit, Steeda 555-4438 doesn't work with BMR CB005. You'd need 555-4447 instead, it's the same thing but modified to fit when CB050 is also installed.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I went with the BMR CB010 and Steeda 555-4438 and the difference is impressive. My plan was to add BMR CB 762 next, but that's on the back burner now due to the results of the first upgrade.
Color is a personal preference. I'm another one who likes Magnetic with red, Showstopper Red in my case, and as much as I had planned to install some red suspension parts, it hasn't worked out that way. Blue with red? That's up to you, it's not a bad look but it's probably not for everyone.

Edit, Steeda 555-4438 doesn't work with BMR CB005. You'd need 555-4447 instead, it's the same thing but modified to fit when CB050 is also installed.
Doesn't surprise me. I've modded almost every piece of my suspension and started with the CB005. I haven't come up with a reason to do the CB762. The CB005 alone does a lot.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Doesn't surprise me. I've modded almost every piece of my suspension and started with the CB005. I haven't come up with a reason to do the CB762. The CB005 alone does a lot.
The CB010 is enough that I'm not in a hurry to add anything. It's just as well, there's a bunch of other stuff I can do first before I revisit it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

This might help, notice the suggestion Ford makes step 12. could save an alignment. Reading above, now know these are the sub-frame alignment, adjusters.

Ford uses witness marks many places, another one seen is for the drive shaft removal and install.

Greg

rear sub frame.png
Sponsored