Sponsored

Looking to buy a Bullitt...Oh the Questions...

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer where I bought my 2017 Gt had 2 bullits in there showroom floor at end of august and they're still sitting there today. Sticker on each is 52K and they have them listed at 45K They are practically brothers! The vin on one ends in 197 other is 255...
Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
The dealer where I bought my 2017 Gt had 2 bullits in there showroom floor at end of august and they're still sitting there today. Sticker on each is 52K and they have them listed at 45K They are practically brothers! The vin on one ends in 197 other is 255...
Interesting, I have a local dealer that has 3 identical DHG sitting for almost 1 year and doesn't seem to want to go below 45K. I told them earlier this week that I'd be willing to make a deal today (31st) if they came down a little more but crickets so far. I guess they're still well in the profit zone, let alone the money they'd make off of my trade in.

Starting to think about searching for a low miles used one and save several grand. Found one not too far away with under 3k miles for under 40K but in the pictures, the center console seems to be missing the stitching, so either a QC f-up by Ford or someone swapped it for the hard plastic one. Weird. I'll see if I can get more info on that tomorrow.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I have a local dealer that has 3 identical DHG sitting for almost 1 year and doesn't seem to want to go below 45K. I told them earlier this week that I'd be willing to make a deal today (31st) if they came down a little more but crickets so far. I guess they're still well in the profit zone, let alone the money they'd make off of my trade in.

Starting to think about searching for a low miles used one and save several grand. Found one not too far away with under 3k miles for under 40K but in the pictures, the center console seems to be missing the stitching, so either a QC f-up by Ford or someone swapped it for the hard plastic one. Weird. I'll see if I can get more info on that tomorrow.

Wow I'd have thought on last day of month they'd wanna try to make a sale...

Here's a link. https://www.lenoircityford.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Make=Ford&Model=Mustang&q=&ExtColor=Black

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Wow I'd have thought on last day of month they'd wanna try to make a sale...

Here's a link. https://www.lenoircityford.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Make=Ford&Model=Mustang&q=&ExtColor=Black
Yeah, me too. I guess it still doesn't hurt them.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, the black ones are even harder to sell. Man, the hype around the Bullitts died down fast. Personally, I think it's the best Mustang that Ford currently offers but the majority wants other colors, spoilers, 10 speeds etc. I assume

Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
There's 6 of them in Lakeland FL on a single lot. https://www.lakelandford.com/inventory/new-vehicles/models=Ford_Mustang_Bullitt+transmission=Manual

Yes the asking price is quite bad.
The ones I'm looking at have magride & electronics package. That's a must have for me. The thing is, if the price seems good, they low ball you on your trade. I tried several out of state dealers. I always work my way to an even swap and something extra. Best so far is local deal with window tint, PPF (but only front fascia up to half of the hood and mirrors - it's already on the car), and all weather floor mats.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there have been pics of blue and green stitched parts being installed simultaneously. So it's not at all surprising the wrong part is present. You mean the installer was supposed to check and validate? Or that an upstream inspection was supposed to catch it? This is Detroit or Mexico we're talking about. Surely you jest... Ask the dealer to order the correct one and hopefully it won't come with yellow thread.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
there have been pics of blue and green stitched parts being installed simultaneously. So it's not at all surprising the wrong part is present. You mean the installer was supposed to check and validate? Or that an upstream inspection was supposed to catch it? This is Detroit or Mexico we're talking about. Surely you jest... Ask the dealer to order the correct one and hopefully it won't come with yellow thread.
Yikes. I guess you're lucky if you don't get an EcoBoost engine in your Bullitt

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, me too. I guess it still doesn't hurt them.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, the black ones are even harder to sell. Man, the hype around the Bullitts died down fast. Personally, I think it's the best Mustang that Ford currently offers but the majority wants other colors, spoilers, 10 speeds etc. I assume

I like the new Bullitt for the most part, I just don't like red calipers or the digital cluster. Both features make the Bullitt flashy, which I feel defeats the whole purpose of a Bullitt.

Call me old school, but I like calipers that blend in, and analog gauges.

Sponsored
OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I like the new Bullitt for the most part, I just don't like red calipers or the digital cluster. Both features make the Bullitt flashy, which I feel defeats the whole purpose of a Bullitt.

Call me old school, but I like calipers that blend in, and analog gauges.
Totally understand. I guess they were red on the 2001 Bullitt. I think they should've either gone with grey or yellow. Good things is that you can get them painted if you really want. I like digital gauges but don't know if they'll age well and how reliable they are long term. I agree that for the 2019 Bullitt (which I think will be the last) they could've gone with analog gauges and lowered the price a little. Would have been the better strategy in my opinion.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Totally understand. I guess they were red on the 2001 Bullitt. I think they should've either gone with grey or yellow. Good things is that you can get them painted if you really want. I like digital gauges but don't know if they'll age well and how reliable they are long term. I agree that for the 2019 Bullitt (which I think will be the last) they could've gone with analog gauges and lowered the price a little. Would have been the better strategy in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the 2019 Bullitt and have thought about trading into one, but I don't feel that it's a worthwhile decision for me right now.

That said, if I could trade my 2018 GT for a clean and low mileage 2008-09 Bullitt, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Don't get me wrong, I really like the 2019 Bullitt and have thought about trading into one, but I don't feel that it's a worthwhile decision for me right now.

That said, if I could trade my 2018 GT for a clean and low mileage 2008-09 Bullitt, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Totally get it. The difference in price would not justify trading an 18 GT for a 19/20 Bullitt. I also really like the 08-09 Bullitt, just can't get over the interior plastic fantastic

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Talking about 08-09 Bullitt. Look who found me in a parking lot. It was getting dark so the picture is sort of bad.
IMG_20200131_200213.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Talking about 08-09 Bullitt. Look who found me in a parking lot. It was getting dark so the picture is sort of bad.
IMG_20200131_200213.jpg
Damn, that’s a really cool shot. Did you leave him/her a phone number or something to contact you with?
Sponsored