Sponsored

Here we go again. Knock knock who's there?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I believe cars today have less problems than they did years ago. The difference is social media and it's a lot easier for people to post their cars with issues now than it ever has been. My dad bought a 1970 Z28 brand new and the motor blew on him driving home from work sitting in traffic with about 2K miles on it... Issues happen with all cars...
You can't trust social media. I am in a couple different GT350 groups on social media and they don't even allow the engine failure polls because too many people were reporting engine failures that did not own a GT350 and had never owned one.

It's kinda a shame when you have so many people polluting forums and social media groups with negative feedback on a car they don't own. It is what it is, you really have to do your own research and drive cars before buying them and not relying on others peoples opinion or internet hype.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The OP calls himself "the dude" on YouTube and he recently provided more of an assplanation to his cock and bull story.

"... you won't find what you are looking for entirely on YT. One of them is in my hometown and as far as I know, he hasn't made a video about it yet because he's a business owner and I spoke to him last night, he said he doesn't wanna upset the community and hurt his business locally. Like him, I'm not worried about my credibility amongst strangers, I only worry about it amongst my friends, and what I've said stated facts as I know them. His car started rod knocking on the drive home from the dealership, just like the one that popped up on YT 3 weeks ago. The car is at the dealer right now awaiting a decision from Ford. He told me of one other guy he knows with a problem with the transmission in his, but I do not know that person, I guess its someone he knows that lives in a western state who is also in a similar situation, a business owner who's a die hard Ford guy, who's not willing to upset the community by making a video of it. So yeah...there is a shocking number of failures already out of the box, but you are correct, not all of it is on YT at this moment. I also don't personally know a single person that is on the forum you speak of, I don't do forums or Facebook, I only participate in local events and the Woodward street cruises during the summer. Sorry if I cannot be of any more help than that. My comments weren't meant to upset anyone, so if it upset you, all I can say is sorry about that. Attacking me personally isn't the solution for being upset by facts though, but alas a lot of people online today seem to think that's a reasonable way to deal with their collective anger."

Wouldn't want to upset the community now would we?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
"a western state"

WTF, is this Game of Thrones? Hahaha ....

"His name shall not be said, his location not disclosed, but he is a mighty leader from the westernmost bank of Essos! He shall remain bereft of comment so as to not topple the kingdom of Ford!"

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
"a western state"

WTF, is this Game of Thrones? Hahaha ....

"His name shall not be said, his location not disclosed, but he is a mighty leader from the westernmost bank of Essos! He shall remain bereft of comment so as to not topple the kingdom of Ford!"
Could be he’s from Cassamere maybe?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Social media is just pathetic now, if it ever was decent, I can't remember.
His story holds as much water as my spaghetti strainer.....

FYI, I have a good friend of mine that said {fill in the blank}, but he doesn't wanna talk about it because {fill in the blank} but it is 100% true because I know him. Oh, and he knows somebody who {fill in the blank}......

USELESS

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Bueller? Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
The OP calls himself "the dude" on YouTube and he recently provided more of an assplanation to his cock and bull story.

"... you won't find what you are looking for entirely on YT. One of them is in my hometown and as far as I know, he hasn't made a video about it yet because he's a business owner and I spoke to him last night, he said he doesn't wanna upset the community and hurt his business locally. Like him, I'm not worried about my credibility amongst strangers, I only worry about it amongst my friends, and what I've said stated facts as I know them. His car started rod knocking on the drive home from the dealership, just like the one that popped up on YT 3 weeks ago. The car is at the dealer right now awaiting a decision from Ford. He told me of one other guy he knows with a problem with the transmission in his, but I do not know that person, I guess its someone he knows that lives in a western state who is also in a similar situation, a business owner who's a die hard Ford guy, who's not willing to upset the community by making a video of it. So yeah...there is a shocking number of failures already out of the box, but you are correct, not all of it is on YT at this moment. I also don't personally know a single person that is on the forum you speak of, I don't do forums or Facebook, I only participate in local events and the Woodward street cruises during the summer. Sorry if I cannot be of any more help than that. My comments weren't meant to upset anyone, so if it upset you, all I can say is sorry about that. Attacking me personally isn't the solution for being upset by facts though, but alas a lot of people online today seem to think that's a reasonable way to deal with their collective anger."

Wouldn't want to upset the community now would we?
I love the term "Facts as I know them." He doesn't have facts, he has a story someone has told him that he's passing along as fact.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Two types of people who I will immediately disassociate myself with are thieves and liars. I find that if you're a thief, then you're likely a liar...and if you're a liar, you likely have no problem stealing from someone.

Inevitably, someone will show up with a damaged engine, at some point....when THIS guy will claim that it proves whatever point he's trying to make right now.

Good thing that his friends have HIM to proliferate this mess, since they don't want to upset anyone or feel it necessary to mention the failures. Great friend.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I have a dealer in florida who told me I got their golden ticket allocation (though I didn't get painted stripes or cftp) That was last August though. 10k adm. If you want to try your luck send me a pm.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I have a dealer in florida who told me I got their golden ticket allocation (though I didn't get painted stripes or cftp) That was last August though. 10k adm. If you want to try your luck send me a pm.
Why are you directing this to?

mustang charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Gt 6spd convertable preimium , 1996 S10 , 2001 S10 , 2018 Honda civic touring
I've seen 4 new GT500's so far with blown engines, or suspected rod knock. Already. Can we say Quality is no longer job #1 at Ford boys n girls? Maybe will change my mind on an EV, at least it won't tick, knock or blow up after a couple thousand miles. Ford is no longer a brand associated with quality. Its the main reason my '18 GT is now up for sale. After 7 Mustangs over 30 years, I'm tired of supporting Ford and the junk they make...add me to the list of the 2 million people who FINALLY got a settlement from Ford over the craptastic DCT transmissions they gave us in our Focus'. Only a matter of time before the new one in the GT500 shows us a similar fate. All Ford exec's should be fired for their lack of caring about quality, and giving us loyal Ford fans such a bad name over the years. I'm sure I'll get hate from the forum over this post...at this point in America nobody seems to like the truth any more anyways so I expect the hate to start in 3...2...1
I own a 2015 mustang GT no problems yet , but every time I go to the three ford stealerships around me in Calgary Alberta Canada to get oil & filters I see engines and manual transmission's all over the place , sad state of affairs for consumer's , better off buying a Honda or Toyota sports car. I still drive my 2001 s10 , or buy a 70's sports car chev or ford. I rode Harleys for yeas and I wouldn't by a new Harley EVER , I'm happy with my last of the 1999 softail standard no computers and pollution crap on it.

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My cousin’s, uncles’s, nieces’s, neighbor had an issue once with a Harley.. I would probably scratch them off your list. Get a Schwinn. Very reliable.
Had a few Schwinns....chain fell off once....so bought a GT350 and so far no chain problems. So that proves a GT350 is better than a Schwinn. :wink:

CHEZER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh I won't be. I even plan on trading my '07 which at 80k miles has so many problems I'll just be glad to be rid of it. Likely gonna turn to a new Mercedes, you can get a nice one for under 40k and I was offered 5k for my '07 turd. If my '18 doesn't sell outright by Spring, I plan on trading it for a new Harley and start riding again after not owning a bike for the past 20 years.
Had a Merc and a BMW they are the same, just cost a lot more to repair !!!!
Sponsored