Sponsored

Shift Solutions FTW

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I started looking around for something else to do to/for my car, and I started thinking about a weighted shift knob. There are some beautiful options out there, but I really liked the look of my current white 50 year resin knob from CJPP. After reading some horror stories about certain vendors not mentioned here, I reached out to Shift Solutions to ask if they could duplicate the resin knob in their 510g offering. Kevin Li responded within an hour with an affirmative and reasonable quote, as well as a custom PayPal link to order the part "as described" (although I copied my description/CJPP link to the notes section anyway) and a delivery estimate of 2 weeks. The knob arrived just within the estimated window (gave them some leeway for New Years, etc.) and looks absolutely perfect. Set side by side you'd be hard pressed to see a difference, except the script on the top is much nicer than my original knob. I'd definitely recommend SSC for anybody who wants a customized, weighted shift knob.

IMG_8931.jpg
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a 500 gram knob from them. Can’t wait to try it out. If I remember, I’ll post pics.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I started looking around for something else to do to/for my car, and I started thinking about a weighted shift knob. There are some beautiful options out there, but I really liked the look of my current white 50 year resin knob from CJPP. After reading some horror stories about certain vendors not mentioned here, I reached out to Shift Solutions to ask if they could duplicate the resin knob in their 510g offering. Kevin Li responded within an hour with an affirmative and reasonable quote, as well as a custom PayPal link to order the part "as described" (although I copied my description/CJPP link to the notes section anyway) and a delivery estimate of 2 weeks. The knob arrived just within the estimated window (gave them some leeway for New Years, etc.) and looks absolutely perfect. Set side by side you'd be hard pressed to see a difference, except the script on the top is much nicer than my original knob. I'd definitely recommend SSC for anybody who wants a customized, weighted shift knob.

IMG_8931.jpg
I'm about to order a weighted knob also as I believe it may help smooth out the short shifts so am wondering if you found that to be the case? Did it change your shift feel?

Last edited:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I also have one of their shift knobs, knurling feels great and doesn't slip like with the smooth ball type for me
IMG_4690.jpeg

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
also had their aluminum ebrake to match on my old ecoboost, but it was a pain in the ass to get it to work and don't feel like doing it again lol
IMG_4009.jpeg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I also have one of their shift knobs, knurling feels great and doesn't slip like with the smooth ball type for me
IMG_4690.jpeg
So what difference did it make to the shifting? Does a heavier knob really help smooth out the shifts, less mechanical?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So what difference did it make to the shifting? Does a heavier knob really help smooth out the shifts, less mechanical?
I chose not to go with the 500g knob, mine is aluminum 200 g I believe it's the BK-SK one on their website. Definitely does not make the shifts any less mechanical, I can still feel everything but the knob itself just feels "sturdier". And my hand doesn't slide right off the knob in the extreme cold when I can barely feel my fingers :crackup:

Last edited:

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
just my 2 cents -- if you have MGW or Barton, a heavier shift knob will take away the shifting feel entirely. At least, it was in my case. with the heavier knob shifting will be a lot smoother, but couldn't feel the gates. The sweet spot for me was 200-250 grams knob.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
just my 2 cents -- if you have MGW or Barton, a heavier shift knob will take away the shifting feel entirely. At least, it was in my case. with the heavier knob shifting will be a lot smoother, but couldn't feel the gates. The sweet spot for me was 200-250 grams knob.
Thanks. I actually want to smooth the shift out to reduce the mechanical feel.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to order a weighted knob also as I believe it may help smooth out the short shifts so am wondering if you found that to be the case? Did it change your shift feel?
Like @tangguy said, if you're running the stock shifter it's not going to make it feel any better. I'm running the MGW and the extra weight seemed to balance the shift feel with the mechanical gates to me. I've had it on my car for over 3 years now and have no regrets (other than maybe super hot days, lol).
Sponsored