Sponsored

Factory Adjustable Strut Top Mounts (Camber Plates) - Part No?

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
IMG_4335[1].JPG

I just purchased a 2019 R at the end of last month which I discovered did not have shipping blocks removed and front spoiler not correctly installed. I now suspect that the adjustable strut mounts were also not installed. Could someone verify if they were installed from the attached picture. My local dealer tech told my service manager they were, I don't see it.
Those look to me to be the NON adjustable camber plates. Here is what the adjustable plate looks like when viewed from the top. (More pics on page two of this thread)

14192556-430d-4299-a78d-c3fed31f745b-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Those look to me to be the NON adjustable camber plates. Here is what the adjustable plate looks like when viewed from the top. (More pics on page two of this thread)

14192556-430d-4299-a78d-c3fed31f745b-jpeg.jpg
Yup. From what I recall from mine the adjustables have a bit more meat in the rubber bushing that surrounds the top of strut mounting stud - so its not only adjustable its effectively a slightly harder mount. I wish I had left mine uninstalled but my philosophy at the time was prep/finish it as ordered.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yup. From what I recall from mine the adjustables have a bit more meat in the rubber bushing that surrounds the top of strut mounting stud - so its not only adjustable its effectively a slightly harder mount. I wish I had left mine uninstalled but my philosophy at the time was prep/finish it as ordered.
I went back and forth on having mine installed or not, and finally decided to as I felt the same.. it was ordered with the handling package, so install them

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I went back and forth on having mine installed or not, and finally decided to as I felt the same.. it was ordered with the handling package, so install them
Did you drive before & after? Any NHV observations? My dealer thought it was a harsher ride having driven my car before & after. I have no frame of reference.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Did you drive before & after? Any NHV observations? My dealer thought it was a harsher ride having driven my car before & after. I have no frame of reference.
Drove it for about 3 months without them before having them put on. Honestly, I can't notice a difference (could also be the shitty roads by me)

Sponsored

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Is the camber plate kit supposed to be included in all 19 R's? If so, is the dealer supposed to install them during their PDI or is it up to the purchaser to get them installed and cover the associated costs?

911GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Shelby GT350R
Is the camber plate kit supposed to be included in all 19 R's? If so, is the dealer supposed to install them during their PDI or is it up to the purchaser to get them installed and cover the associated costs?
The camber plates will have been shipped to the dealer who has probably misplaced them. You can call Ford Performance and give them your VIN and they will confirm when the plates were shipped. Forward that to your dealer and ask them to find them and reorder them if they can’t. The dealer is also required to install them and realign the car. Many dealers don’t know much about these details for some reason.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what @911GT350R said. However, to finish answering the question, the dealer is suppose to forward the charges for the install and alignment to Ford. You should not see any cost towards that (you already paid for it in the purchase).

@ruboz Yes, all '19 Rs have the camber plates included as factory option. And if you cannot find the plates in the vehicle, contact FP. They have all the information of the tracking numbers which link to the VIN of the vehicle. Mine ended up being in the parts department on the back shelf and never made it to my car. Figured it out a few months after purchase.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Exactly what @911GT350R said. However, to finish answering the question, the dealer is suppose to forward the charges for the install and alignment to Ford. You should not see any cost towards that (you already paid for it in the purchase).

@ruboz Yes, all '19 Rs have the camber plates included as factory option. And if you cannot find the plates in the vehicle, contact FP. They have all the information of the tracking numbers which link to the VIN of the vehicle. Mine ended up being in the parts department on the back shelf and never made it to my car. Figured it out a few months after purchase.
Mine came in the trunk along with the other factory ordered options & base prep parts (chin splitter, car cover, adj camber plates, and gurney flap). Agree with all - there is no added cost - the benefit of it being part of the factory invoiced options vs bought later is that it includes installations & adjustments i.e. alignment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The camber plates will have been shipped to the dealer who has probably misplaced them. You can call Ford Performance and give them your VIN and they will confirm when the plates were shipped. Forward that to your dealer and ask them to find them and reorder them if they can’t. The dealer is also required to install them and realign the car. Many dealers don’t know much about these details for some reason.
To piggy back off this, call the parts department directly, tell them what you're looking for, and your VIN should be written across the box for them to find it

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Thanks all for the information.

Ford Performance was able to provide me with an email that included the FedEx tracking receipt which showed the dealer received them in August. The service manager said that Ford gives them a labor allowance of $280.00. He gave me the option of flat bedding my car for the hour trip to his dealer or allowing me to work with my local dealer that's 2 miles away. I'm hesitant on flat bedding, so the local would be my choice or driving in the spring when its warmer for the track tires. I'm currently dealing with a rear diff oil leak which my local dealer fixed with new parts but ended up leaking more. Not happy with my original dealers PDI nor my local dealers fix.

I assume the install would require an alignment.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Ford Performance was able to provide me with an email that included the FedEx tracking receipt which showed the dealer received them in August. The service manager said that Ford gives them a labor allowance of $280.00. He gave me the option of flat bedding my car for the hour trip to his dealer or allowing me to work with my local dealer that's 2 miles away. I'm hesitant on flat bedding, so the local would be my choice or driving in the spring when its warmer for the track tires. I'm currently dealing with a rear diff oil leak which my local dealer fixed with new parts but ended up leaking more. Not happy with my original dealers PDI nor my local dealers fix.

Yes, requires alignment which you've already paid for

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, the suspension components they remove to install the plates will need an alignment. They can give you a printout of the results. I kept mind stock for normal driving at the moment. Ill pay later down the road when I decide to start taking the R to the track.

Hopefully they get the diff fixed for you.

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
Anyone else with the handling package camber plates try to max out camber? If so what values did you get? @SgdriskillGT values are -1.8 and -2.2.

@SgdriskillGT - are the fasteners on the top of the strut touching the strut opening or are the plates maxed out? Also, how much did the caster change when the camber was maxed out? Thank you.
Sponsored