VMP vs Roush vs Whipple vs Edelbrock ??

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Had to be from a very good/reputable tuner. I'm wondering if PBD or VMP?
That's awesome man. Enjoy it.
Thanks! It’s pretty fun for an auto with a PD compressor. I’ll eventually have Justin redo the tune for more timing with Torco, and so I can pass emissions. Rear 02’s are shut off.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Thanks! It’s pretty fun for an auto with a PD compressor. I’ll eventually have Justin redo the tune for more timing with Torco, and so I can pass emissions. Rear 02’s are shut off.
Awesome bro.

Yeah,...the automatics are real fun with a PD supercharger.
I have the Roush Phase 1 with 710HP/610TQ and A10. Nasty stuff in Sport+ mode! lol A little too much for around town driving to be honest.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Awesome bro.

Yeah,...the automatics are real fun with a PD supercharger.
I have the Roush Phase 1 with 710HP/610TQ and A10. Nasty stuff in Sport+ mode! lol A little too much for around town driving to be honest.
No such thing. LOL.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
3 year old Plain Jane Roush 2300. 12.3-12.5psi on 93 with 16-17.5* of timing above 5500rpm. Through the 6R80 auto, twin 60mm T/B, suitcase resonator, and stock mufflers. It's just as a performer as the rest of them.
Dyno_745.JPG
Have you ever tracked this car by chance?

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I've never seen so much dyno sheet racing ever...lol...although I do enjoy good discussions. I of course use dyno numbers for my own comparison as well but for comparison for my upgrades. I run my car on the street 98% of the time and track it on the odd weekend. Watching people go back and forth over the more TQ that a TVS 2650 makes to me is funny. I've driven in both setups and you litterly cannot feel the extra 30whp or so from the TVS. Both the Whipple and TVS slam you back hard! Anyone who says otherwise must have been in a 3.31 car because that's the only way it felt a little weaker to me. The one thing I do notice is that my Whipple car out pulls the TVS cars with similar mods. Pump gas to pump gas, stage 2 to stage 2 I pretty much always pull ahead up top and winning races is way cooler then a dyno sheet that shows more TQ. I've raced Z06 corvettes with way more TQ then me and pulled away. I've ran a 9.0 Viper with 740TQ to the wheels and guess what? He only jumped out on me by half a car and the Whipple started to reel him in. You can have the TQ, I'll take the HP and up top pull of the Whipple. Whipple never falls off like how a TVS starts to fall over in TQ and HP in almost every dyno graph I've seen. Even Alex at Lund was laughing at the numbers from the stage 1 Edelbrock saying that they were 2.3 numbers. 13psi that came with the kit and trying to run that with pump gas is just a bad idea and lots of timing being pulled. Both the TVS and Whipple are extremely capable kits but people claiming that one destroys the other is just fanboy talk...lol

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Once our 1320 opens, I will be.
Keep us posted! And those numbers from your 2.3 are just 93 pump gas? Crazy that it isn't running hot or pulling timing. My good friend has the same setup and at 10.5 to 11psi, 17* he is at 660WHP but heat soaking pretty good. That's on 94pump gas.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I've never seen so much dyno sheet racing ever...lol...although I do enjoy good discussions. I of course use dyno numbers for my own comparison as well but for comparison for my upgrades. I run my car on the street 98% of the time and track it on the odd weekend. Watching people go back and forth over the more TQ that a TVS 2650 makes to me is funny. I've driven in both setups and you litterly cannot feel the extra 30whp or so from the TVS. Both the Whipple and TVS slam you back hard! Anyone who says otherwise must have been in a 3.31 car because that's the only way it felt a little weaker to me. The one thing I do notice is that my Whipple car out pulls the TVS cars with similar mods. Pump gas to pump gas, stage 2 to stage 2 I pretty much always pull ahead up top and winning races is way cooler then a dyno sheet that shows more TQ. I've raced Z06 corvettes with way more TQ then me and pulled away. I've ran a 9.0 Viper with 740TQ to the wheels and guess what? He only jumped out on me by half a car and the Whipple started to reel him in. You can have the TQ, I'll take the HP and up top pull of the Whipple. Whipple never falls off like how a TVS starts to fall over in TQ and HP in almost every dyno graph I've seen. Even Alex at Lund was laughing at the numbers from the stage 1 Edelbrock saying that they were 2.3 numbers. 13psi that came with the kit and trying to run that with pump gas is just a bad idea and lots of timing being pulled. Both the TVS and Whipple are extremely capable kits but people claiming that one destroys the other is just fanboy talk...lol
Agree, I look at dyno sheets the same way I look at toilet paper!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m only asking for dyno sheets because you guys said you want NUMBERS to support my personal experience of the TVS kicking the Whipple in the dick for bottom end pull.
So, you refuse to accept my claim without numbers, then assert that there’s “no difference” but STILL can’t produce numbers to support YOUR claim...
I’m still waiting for numbers, not experiences, because as you’ve already said, personal experience doesn’t count...
But please continue to tell us how good the Whipple is.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I’m only asking for dyno sheets because you guys said you want NUMBERS to support my personal experience of the TVS kicking the Whipple in the dick for bottom end pull.
So, you refuse to accept my claim without numbers, then assert that there’s “no difference” but STILL can’t produce numbers to support YOUR claim...
I’m still waiting for numbers, not experiences, because as you’ve already said, personal experience doesn’t count...
But please continue to tell us how good the Whipple is.
Lol...I said both are amazing units. I also just said that the TVS do make more TQ down low but not some crazy significance which results in destroying a Whipple...lol. It's a smaller unit. Imagine that, just like a smaller turbo, the smaller PD unit hits harder down low...crazy...lol. I have my original dyno sheet from when my stage 2 Whipple was installed. Here you go. Basic stage 2 kit. pump gas and 3.75 pulley. No long tubes or anything. I'll dig up other sheet for you after long tube install.
Dyno.png

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
because as you’ve already said, personal experience doesn’t count...
Where did I say this?

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
wipple 4 lyfe broh

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Actually Alex said they didn’t have good fuel in the car, when testing the stage 2

Wanna guess which blowers on his hush money? I’ll give u a hint, it’s not a Whipple

Now after seeing a custom tuned Whipple Stage 1 rip off 10.35@136 my thought is which every u choose EB or Whipple they both run the number with proper tuning,

Ok we’re done

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Actually Alex said they didn’t have good fuel in the car, when testing the stage 2

Wanna guess which blowers on his hush money? I’ll give u a hint, it’s not a Whipple

Now after seeing a custom tuned Whipple Stage 1 rip off 10.35@136 my thought is which every u choose EB or Whipple they both run the number with proper tuning,

Ok we’re done
Yeah you are right that they said the fuel most Likely was the issue but no matter what unit you use 13psi is too much on just pump gas. Again, I'm not the one claiming that one is superior over the other. I've said numerous times that they are both exceptional units and it only really comes down to personal choice. We all know who the fanboy is here...lol

anyjuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Since we’re bringing up what Alex says... he literally said to choose based on how you want your engine bay to look. They’re all about the same. So I’m here asking which one has the best sound. That’s how I’m gonna decide. It’s stupid, I know.

Congrats to everyone who’s already boosted. I’m so jealous.
Sponsored