Sponsored

GT500 vs ZLE

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
makes ya wonder.. all that equipment for data collection, and they dont post the entire days lap times, start to finish, weather conditions ( road ands "dragstrip") 60fts ect.. its almost like they want to create a narrative and curate opinion..
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes. They both had individual test, then they just used material of both to make another article comparing numbers.
I see that now, thanks

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
makes ya wonder.. all that equipment for data collection, and they dont post the entire days lap times, start to finish, weather conditions ( road ands "dragstrip") 60fts ect.. its almost like they want to create a narrative and curate opinion..
They do. Motortrend article with the C8 is much more comprehensive and has a lot of data

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
No, the C8 Vs the GT500 in print form

Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
GT500 vs. ZLE vs. Redeye:

The good news... they all pick the GT500...

The bad news... it loses BOTH the 1/4 mile and the Road Course to the ZLE!

They say the GT500 wasn't on the best tires... and Randy believe's the results would be different.

However... I'm with Randy... while they are talking a $20K difference... we all know 'real world'... is closer to a $50K difference between the two... and if you don't have perfect new tires... you'll be seeing ZLE taillights. Although... in all honesty... the GT500 has yet to beat the ZLE in ANY handling comparison.

But I'm sure it will come sooner or later...

Dave

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

They say the GT500 wasn't on the best tires... and Randy believe's the results would be different.

However... I'm with Randy... while they are talking a $20K difference... we all know 'real world'... is closer to a $50K difference between the two... and if you don't have perfect new tires... you'll be seeing ZLE taillights. Although... in all honesty... the GT500 has yet to beat the ZLE in ANY handling comparison.

Dave
The tires were bad, very bad. They mentioned this in their video. They said they were "cooked", which by SC2 standards means they were a greasy mess.

And randy doesn't just say the results would be different, he says the GT500 would have won.

As for the 1/4 mile, it lost due solely to reaction time. You sit at the tree too long and you can lose to damn near any vehicle.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Except that it didn't, they swapped in a regular non-1LE model for the drag portion:

upload_2020-1-29_14-1-1.png

Side note: good god man, edit out that video embed!

WTF is that?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
WTF is that?
If you watch the whole video, and it's just a little blip where they clarify (so it's not hard to miss), they pulled the ZLE out of the drag comparison and sub'ed in a ZL1, because ~"The ZLE has aero compromises in this metric ...", well, yeah, so does the CFTP. They make a point of the one guy not noticing the stand-in car is blue, start at 14:00.

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

Dave
Throttle house actually posted in the camaro forums lol. He said they received the car from Ford with shot tires and didn’t have time or money to rectify since they had gotten insurance and flown Jason and Randy in .

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If you watch the whole video, and it's just a little blip where they clarify (so it's not hard to miss), they pulled the ZLE out of the drag comparison and sub'ed in a ZL1, because ~"The ZLE has aero compromises in this metric ...", well, yeah, so does the CFTP. They make a point of the one guy not noticing the stand-in car is blue, start at 14:00.
Yep, my first time around I jumped through the BS.

Complete bullshit.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Who won the roll race? Also on behalf of the entire Mopar community I apologize for the yellow splitter protector..... it's embarrassing.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Michelin Cup2s will be an absolute greasy mess on any heavier car after a hero lap or two. Especially on a hot track.

GY 3Rs take more time to get to temp, but have no problem with 3 20-30 minute sessions on a hot day, even after 2 previous track days.
Sponsored