Sponsored

'

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
It would seem that the 110 hp advantage could / should have delivered a clear win for GT500. Especially since the weight difference was 200 lbs as opposed to the earlier guesses at a 400 lb weight difference. Meaningless or not, the stats most often quoted when discussing performance cars are 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. Trap speed is important, but at the end of the day it’s the time that defines the winner or loser. GT500 won that by .1 second. I actually thought it would be more. Suffer me an anecdote. True story from when I was a kid. I didn’t have driver’s license yet, but believe me that didn’t matter.
If you want to get really technical it's who crosses the finish line first that determines the winner lol. You can run a faster ET and still lose if your sleeping at the tree.
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
If you want to get really technical it's who crosses the finish line first that determines the winner lol. You can run a faster ET and still lose if your sleeping at the tree.
Yup. Been there, done that, and have the slips to prove it. :blush:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don’t know about the past but 99.99% of the people will drive these cars on the streets public roads and try to show off at stop lights. By the way, the Z51 with a price tag of $65,000 can be a 10 second car. Has anyone tested it with drag radials and skinny fronts?
i highly doubt anyone that gets this car, is going to show off at stoplights. I may take shit for my mexico stuff, but no one that owns this car is immature enough to do mustang things in it.. at least not the 1st owners lol

2nd.. are you now comparing stock times to modified?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
i highly doubt anyone that gets this car, is going to show off at stoplights. I may take shit for my mexico stuff, but no one that owns this car is immature enough to do mustang things in it.. at least not the 1st owners lol

2nd.. are you now comparing stock times to modified?
Id assume you havnt been on youtube in a really long time LOL

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Id assume you havnt been on youtube in a really long time LOL
the same YouTube that claims a GM car has the “stock” record for a car, yet mysteriously has slicks, an aftermarket line lock, and runs 10 mph faster than the actual fastest known stock time?
LOL

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
the same YouTube that claims a GM car has the “stock” record for a car, yet mysteriously has slicks, an aftermarket line lock, and runs 10 mph faster than the actual fastest known stock time?
LOL
No. Meaning youtube is full of clickbait retards. And yeah sad but true some of them clickbait douchebags make a shit load of money too.

Hell forget youtube find a cars and coffee....

They seem to multiply there too.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Throttlehouse track review is out with Randy behind the wheel.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Why do they test cars with shot tires, i don't understand.
I know someone said the used "volunteer cars", but heck, why not hook the owner up with a new set of tires? They get a nice perk for the loan, and the test results provide a more accurate result (and I'd think that might even draw more viewers).

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I know someone said the used "volunteer cars", but heck, why not hook the owner up with a new set of tires? They get a nice perk for the loan, and the test results provide a more accurate result (and I'd think that might even draw more viewers).
A guy on C6 said he knows the guy who supplied the 1le, and said Ford supplied the GT500. Why they sent it with spent tires is a mystery. Maybe a backup excuse???

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Why do they test cars with shot tires, i don't understand.
That's what Randy said but do we know if the ZL1 1LE had fresh tires? Previous tests all had the ZL1 1LE beating the GT500 around a road coarse. That being said, I do think the GT500 has a chance depending on the straights but as overall, the ZL1 is a better balanced with better handling track focused car. You can also own one not 20 grand less but alot less than a GT 500 CFTP in real life. I also have a concern on the GT500 eating tires on track due to the additional weight. It would be hard to put consistent lap times once the tires start loosing grip. As I mentioned earlier, Ford should have gone with a lot wider tires for the CFTP.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
That's what Randy said but do we know if the ZL1 1LE had fresh tires? Previous tests all had the ZL1 1LE beating the GT500 around a road coarse. That being said, I do think the GT500 has a chance depending on the straights but as overall, the ZL1 is a better balanced with better handling track focused car. You can also own one not 20 grand less but alot less than a GT 500 CFTP in real life. I also have a concern on the GT500 eating tires on track due to the additional weight. It would be hard to put consistent lap times once the tires start loosing grip. As I mentioned earlier, Ford should have gone with a lot wider tires for the CFTP.
This is a quote from Jason from the test.

"But yeah possibly 1-2 seconds faster on fresh. Unfortunately, the life of a cup2 is short lived when attached to a GT500. Its heavy, and wears down hard by the third lap. So this was as close to science as we could get with the resources we have. We try to control every variable we can, always."

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And there's those pesky physics, heavy car trashing tires in three laps....
Sponsored