Sponsored

SCCA CAM-C Thread

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You can get “camber” by slotting the struts, but that method sacrifices strut to tire clearance (which is critical when you’re trying to run wide tires) and isn’t super secure unless you weld some material back into slot holes so the bolts cant slip. With 305s and 11” wheels you can’t sacrifice much clearance at the tire-strut body and need to move the entire strut over, which is what camber plates do. Slotting leaves the strut in place and moves the knuckle and wheel inward.

Unless noted that a camber plate doesn’t give the full mechanical amount allowed by your strut tower openings, I’d assume they will. Most will be fine. I cant speak to all the brands out there, but Steeda camber plates give the full amount (3+), but Maximum Motorsports camber plates won’t (they are limited to ~2 degrees). Vorshlag are nice parts but pricey.
Thanks a lot - that answers my questions.
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I personally got -3 deg with my MM plates measured by a Hunter machine and my own camber gauge. So the blanket statement that they only allow 2 degrees is not entirely accurate.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Is there anything that isn't CAM legal ? ;-)

(I know - aero is)
I suspect gutting the interior
I personally got -3 deg with my MM plates measured by a Hunter machine and my own camber gauge. So the blanket statement that they only allow 2 degrees is not entirely accurate.
Question: Do the camber numbers specified by plate manufacturers refer to the range of "installed camber" they allow OR do they refer the range of adjustment they allow either plus or minus whatever the particular struts provide?

For example if the camber with the stock or aftermarket struts and lowering springs is -1.25 deg would "2 deg adjustment" plates then allow up to -3.25 deg?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And they are here! Looks like I'll be getting that splitter extension afterall.
FB_IMG_1574869962979.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have a serious set of wheels for this season of autocross...19x11 square with 305 'stones. Planning on making my first trip to Solo Nats too.
MG_0052_800x.jpg

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'll have a serious set of wheels for this season of autocross...19x11 square with 305 'stones. Planning on making my first trip to Solo Nats too.
MG_0052_800x.jpg
Nice! Did you find a deal on them somewhere this week?

I'm looking at 2ea in 11.5 to go with the two SVE GT7 wheels in 11.5" that I have now.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
About time . . . :like: :clap:

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Did you find a deal on them somewhere this week?

I'm looking at 2ea in 11.5 to go with the two SVE GT7 wheels in 11.5" that I have now.
That I did. Far too good to pass on. I wasn't planning on buying till after bonus money came in February but I couldn't miss this.

Now I just need some proper CAMC spring rates and the accompanying dampers. :captain:

I think for this year I may stick with my current setup and plan on diving into the really good stuff next year. We'll see!

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You can get “camber” by slotting the struts, but that method sacrifices strut to tire clearance (which is critical when you’re trying to run wide tires) and isn’t super secure unless you weld some material back into slot holes so the bolts cant slip. With 305s and 11” wheels you can’t sacrifice much clearance at the tire-strut body and need to move the entire strut over, which is what camber plates do. Slotting leaves the strut in place and moves the knuckle and wheel inward.

Unless noted that a camber plate doesn’t give the full mechanical amount allowed by your strut tower openings, I’d assume they will. Most will be fine. I cant speak to all the brands out there, but Steeda camber plates give the full amount (3+), but Maximum Motorsports camber plates won’t (they are limited to ~2 degrees). Vorshlag are nice parts but pricey.
Hmmm...
When I got the MM camber/caster plates installed, they were at -2.6 degrees camber before hitting the alignment rack.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Hmmm...
When I got the MM camber/caster plates installed, they were at -2.6 degrees camber before hitting the alignment rack.
I achieved -3.2 with my MM plates.

"Limited to -2."

Yeah notsomuch.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Well thats good to hear, ‘cause there were more than a couple reports of people getting only 2 deg of camber, including a local guy I know personally.
Sponsored