You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: You are correct about the images in that few people have calibrated displays. What will look nearly correct on one display can look completely different on another.

Mine is calibrated or at least it's very close and that blue is quite the challenge. However, if an image is captured correctly and at an adequate resolution, it should look no different than it does with the human eye. The key is in getting the correct image to start with and that isn't always easy. Plus, I probably bumped the saturation up too much on those images I sent, it's a bad habit of mine. <chuckling>
Do not misunderstand my last post Kent, I love and appreciate the edits, 100%. When you see the car in person, it looks nothing like velocity blue, but in pictures it always seems to look similar to velocity blue.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Jamie take a look at this pic and curious if yours is like this if your look at the headlight above it where the hood and fender line is you can see my right side has more gap. Now it’s really starting to bug me with the gap.

Are you talking about this:

upload_2020-1-28_16-48-16.png

Where the "point" of the fender has a larger gap between the side of the hood[?]

I had that on my '16 and the adjustment was super simple (I haven't looked at my '19 to see if it's the same), but it was one fastener. Basically there's a tab on the fender, fastens to the frame, and if you loosen that up, you can push the end of the fender in a touch, then run it back down - there's a decent amount of play. There's what looks like a panel alignment hole right there, on the frame, and if that was was lined up, the fender had that gap, when I pushed it over and closed the gap, the alignment hole was off.

I know that's not extremely specific, but I bet you could fix that up yourself :)

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I'm very capable of fixing this myself but that isn't the point. I'm making it a point that Ford sees the lack of attention to detail when the car was produced. I went ahead and took it to the Ford dealership and the bodyshop agrees that the hood is misaligned and the fender. I have an appointment on Monday and will post the results. Not sure if you guys saw or not on Stangmodes youtube post to where the bolt in the differential wasn't tightened. Just irritated and I know no car is perfect and Jamie after what you've been through I would be pissed off and though Ford made it right. We should not have to deal with these things on a brand new car. Quality Control/inspection should catch these issues. Rant over, still love the car regardless. Thanks Guys

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very capable of fixing this myself but that isn't the point. I'm making it a point that Ford sees the lack of attention to detail when the car was produced. I went ahead and took it to the Ford dealership and the bodyshop agrees that the hood is misaligned and the fender. I have an appointment on Monday and will post the results. Not sure if you guys saw or not on Stangmodes youtube post to where the bolt in the differential wasn't tightened. Just irritated and I know no car is perfect and Jamie after what you've been through I would be pissed off and though Ford made it right. We should not have to deal with these things on a brand new car. Quality Control/inspection should catch these issues. Rant over, still love the car regardless. Thanks Guys
You are not wrong buddy.

To be fair, Ford will fix my car.

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
**Update**
Took the car in this morning and the two bolts in the center for the latch was way off was down too far. He adjusted those up to the top and so far it seems to be fine. The fenders on both sides were adjusted and it is as close as it can be. The gaps all the way around look to be similar.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
**Update**
Took the car in this morning and the two bolts in the center for the latch was way off was down too far. He adjusted those up to the top and so far it seems to be fine. The fenders on both sides were adjusted and it is as close as it can be. The gaps all the way around look to be similar.
Thanks for the update!

OP
OP
MadMax

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
**Update**
Also I think in the future I'll just do this myself wasn't overly pleased with it to be honest of their 2 hour process but at least it was documented.
Sponsored