Sponsored

Looking to buy a Bullitt...Oh the Questions...

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I
True. Just really torn about the "upcharge".
Hi again - Please don’t misunderstand me as you know your financial situation and need to do what’s best for you. What I’m suggesting is that if you really want the Bullitt, which your post is suggesting, you may look back and regret settling for something else. As others have said, be patient. My mention of regrets generally referred to to one off items like a house or an original painting that once it’s gone you can’t go back. If your finances permit it and you have to spend a little more than you want, it will seem unimportant later if you’re really happy with what you got. The Bullitt is obviously not a one off as there are still many around for sale. Remember, patience is a virtue. Good luck... Bruce
Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi folks,

After about a year of absence from the forum and selling my 2016 GT Premium Auto for a BMW SUV (X3 M40i), I can't deny that I dearly miss the S550 platform, including the V8 & sound.
I was going back and forth on a C7 Corvette but bottom line is my wife is not in support of that (too impractical, too low). We have a small dog and a baby (first) on the way.
She drives a 2018 Mazda CX-5, and in addition, I have a 2007 Ford Ranger, which I'm also thinking to replace with the current Ranger or a Chevy Colorado, so I can transport the baby, as well.

Reasons I let go of my 2016 GT were:
- 6 speed automatic gear box (even with a tune I still wasn't happy with it)
- interior felt/was cheap...cheap plastic on
upper door panel and the drive tunnel (around shifter, cupholders etc.). I did not have the equipment group 401A.
- tiny gauge screen
- did all the modding I wanted (wheels, suspension, exhaust, tune, intake, etc.), still felt like I had a run-of-the-mill GT

Reasons I'm interested in the Bullitt:
- unique and beautiful color, overall clean but bad-ass look, "rarity" (not really, I know, but I don't see them often - at least not where I live...tons of Ecoboosts and fewer GTs)
- no need/desire to customize (maybe just H-pipe and short shifter...maybe)
- manual (used to drive sticks only until I got lazy...miss it)
- addresses/fixes all the reasons I got rid of my 2016

Next steps:
- test drive
- if I decide its the one for me, trying to get a good deal. My local dealership has 5(!) 2019 DHG in stock (so much to the rarity aspect, haha). 3 have the normal seats
which is what I would want. They all have the Electronics Package and Mag Ride. They sticker for 51,485 and dealer offers them for 46k, which is about 11% off.
No idea if that would be a good deal? Would like to get around 15 - 18% off but don't know the market for Bullitts. It's an expensive non-Shelby Mustang and dealer
has five 2019's on the lot, so it not like they sell themselves.

Thank you in advance for your help!
I have a 16 month old and I've not really had a problem getting her to fit in the back seat. It is of course a squeeze if you have someone in the passenger seat too. It depends how big they are. But when I drive my Mustang with just my daughter in to daycare and back it's not been an issue. The deep bucket seats in the back made it a little challenging to install the car seat base at first but after that it's not as bad as most would assume. If you have another car too then it's not an issue either. Congrats on the baby!

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I

Hi again - Please don’t misunderstand me as you know your financial situation and need to do what’s best for you. What I’m suggesting is that if you really want the Bullitt, which your post is suggesting, you may look back and regret settling for something else. As others have said, be patient. My mention of regrets generally referred to to one off items like a house or an original painting that once it’s gone you can’t go back. If your finances permit it and you have to spend a little more than you want, it will seem unimportant later if you’re really happy with what you got. The Bullitt is obviously not a one off as there are still many around for sale. Remember, patience is a virtue. Good luck... Bruce
No worries, I really appreciate your feedback. When I bought my house 4 years ago, I would have liked a different one but at the time I thought it would be too much money. Things went well and in hindsight, I could have afforded the "nicer" house. I'm usually not that hesitant or indecisive, especially when it comes to cars. I think in this case it is partially because I regret buying a new BMW SUV which, even though I got it for a good price, keeps depreciating like crazy, and because I miss having a Mustang. I thought I had "grown out" of it but I think I was wrong. Financially, I can swing it, it's just my head telling my heart to be smarter than replacing a heavily depreciating asset with another one. I'll get it sorted out :-)

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I have a 16 month old and I've not really had a problem getting her to fit in the back seat. It is of course a squeeze if you have someone in the passenger seat too. It depends how big they are. But when I drive my Mustang with just my daughter in to daycare and back it's not been an issue. The deep bucket seats in the back made it a little challenging to install the car seat base at first but after that it's not as bad as most would assume. If you have another car too then it's not an issue either. Congrats on the baby!
Thank you, I'm super pumped to have a son! Just hope everything goes well until July. This is exactly one reason why I like the Mustang. If absolutely necessary, it can fit a child seat. Mustang wouldn't be my daily though.

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Starting to consider base 18s with low miles. They can be had for in the mid 20s. that's about a 20k price difference. Thought of the Bullitt as my keep-long-term car but don't really trust myself. Am on vehicle number 3 within 5 years :facepalm: I'm a hot mess.
Hahahahaha I know exactly the position you are in! 2015 - MK7 GTI, 2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Bullitt.....One thing I would say is the base is meh. I would at least go for premium as the inside feels that much better. I dont know if I am getting old or whatever but maybe I just need a camry and a fox body project. Would save some money.

Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hahahahaha I know exactly the position you are in! 2015 - MK7 GTI, 2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Bullitt.....One thing I would say is the base is meh. I would at least go for premium as the inside feels that much better. I dont know if I am getting old or whatever but maybe I just need a camry and a fox body project. Would save some money.
Hahaha, good to know I'm not the only one making less than wise car decisions. I had the premium package in my 2016 GT. Still...the leather was kinda meh (seats themselves were great though) but was most annoyed by the hard plastic upper door panel part and center console area. Maybe I kinda misunderstood the Mustang for what it is. About the least expensive way to drive an iconic V8. I somewhat "envy" the folks that are super happy with just the stripped down version. I'm a sucker for gimmicks, lights, "nice" materials and all that stuff.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
. Car I drove was a K00070 which surprised me. They have another one that is K0001973 I believe which also seems kinda early. ...
K0070 would have rolled off the line on day 1 of 2018 production. So it will have been sitting on there lot for about a year and a half... I wonder how much longer they think they can hang onto it. Wonder how many miles on it after this long...

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
K0070 would have rolled off the line on day 1 of 2018 production. So it will have been sitting on there lot for about a year and a half... I wonder how much longer they think they can hang onto it. Wonder how many miles on it after this long...
Hi - Perhaps because it an early(or low) production number they think it warrants a premium price as compared to a K5000+ number like mine.. Bruce

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi - Perhaps because it an early(or low) production number they think it warrants a premium price as compared to a K5000+ number like mine.. Bruce
that would be a rather delusional viewpoint by the dealer. The number of people who care about production numbers on a tarted up GT in green paint probably number a handful, if that many.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Had 40 miles on it after my test drive which was about 8 miles. Yeah, I wouldn't buy that one. However, are there any bugs that the early models had? Thinking of Matt Maran how he said in his video that the outside of his exhaust tips were flaking after a year. Btw, the inside of my exhaust tips on the BMW started flaking after 1000 miles...geesh

Sponsored
OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
that would be a rather delusional viewpoint by the dealer. The number of people who care about production numbers on a tarted up GT in green paint probably number a handful, if that many.
Maybe the dealers really thought that initially...I mean they were also asking 10k ADM in some areas, right? I'm glad things are back to normal and that Bullitts can be had at regular GT prices. It certainly has its niche spot in the Mustang line up and doesn't cater to the masses, who just want a GT with a quick 10speed.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I love this forum. Differing opinions from different views. Here are the pros and cons and mods and options.
- definitely get magneride, regular seats and electronics option. Get the cover so its cool in the garage : )
- the gearing is too long. No question about it.
- shifter is excellent.
- since the Bullitts come standard with Active Exhaust, you will be happy with it without the cost/drone of aftermarket.

Gearing discussion. 2 options: 1) make much more power and then you can actually use ALL the RPMs in any gear (blower) or 2) get a big gear like perhaps something in the range of a 4.30+. I have owned many, many Mustangs and muscle cars. Ford screwed up the gearing. I opted to put a Whipple on the Bullitt. It changes the car completely. Perhaps an Edelbrock or Ford Racing (Roush) blower would add a pinch more torque down low. But, the Whipple just PULLS the long gearing with zero flat spots up to 7,800 easy. Since you are saving close to 10K on the car, you can buy the standard, Whipple tune blower INSTALLED by either Beefcake or RDP for about 8200$. I installed mine over a couple of days. Easy, easy install. Side note: When putting the blower on, the "quiet" mode gets quieter and the "normal" mode gets AWESOMELY deeper!

My car makes 625 rwhp at 7,200 (Whipple says 650+ at 7800) on a 91 octane tune. 50 state compliant tune.

Remember, since you live in Missouri, you get days under 40 degrees F. This means if you drive your Bullitt under that temp you will need a set of A/S tires. Driving the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S under 40 can permanently destroy the tires structural integrity. The sidewalls can be damaged.

Buy the Bullitt. Blower, gears or not. It IS a cool car. You will love it!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Had 40 miles on it after my test drive which was about 8 miles. Yeah, I wouldn't buy that one. However, are there any bugs that the early models had? Thinking of Matt Maran how he said in his video that the outside of his exhaust tips were flaking after a year. Btw, the inside of my exhaust tips on the BMW started flaking after 1000 miles...geesh
I have K0067 with 3,250 miles on it and have had no issues whatsoever. Tips are still fine. However, it is a fair weather car, so that might be helping.

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 VW tiguan
The biggest discounts seem to be in shadow black for the Bullitts, I'm seeing an average 8k-10k off the MSRP, something to think about unless your stuck on dark highland green.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest discounts seem to be in shadow black for the Bullitts, I'm seeing an average 8k-10k off the MSRP, something to think about unless your stuck on dark highland green.
it's almost tempting to buy a black car and then have it wrapped.
Sponsored