Jdown

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
This is great! Nice to see you continuing this project. I would love to get my hands on a Carbon Fiber version of the GT500 hood for our GT350’s. Nobody seems to want to go through with it. The forced induction guys need this to retain the strut bar and extract heat.

Looking forward to the final product
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdown

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
That is what started me on this journey. The amount of heat that comes from under hood with headers and supercharger is unbelievable! Definitely want to remove all that unnecessary heat from under the hood

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I admire the effort. Is your effort to change cosmetics to your favor or to improve aerodynamics? For those interested in eeking out every bit of performance, a change such as this could counter your efforts. The aerodynamic balance of front end lift to rear end down force could be altered as the 350 and 500 have different attributes. Keep in mind the grille opening of the 2019+ 350 was reduced to balance the effect of the rear swing in concert with the tire and suspension changes. The 500 has much larger air intake openings up front and greater air / heat extraction from the larger hood vents.

Your car, your call. Just my observation from what I read about aerodynamic tweeking both models have undergone.

OP
OP
Jdown

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
I admire the effort. Is your effort to change cosmetics to your favor or to improve aerodynamics? For those interested in eeking out every bit of performance, a change such as this could counter your efforts. The aerodynamic balance of front end lift to rear end down force could be altered as the 350 and 500 have different attributes. Keep in mind the grille opening of the 2019+ 350 was reduced to balance the effect of the rear swing in concert with the tire and suspension changes. The 500 has much larger air intake openings up front and greater air / heat extraction from the larger hood vents.

Your car, your call. Just my observation from what I read about aerodynamic tweeking both models have undergone.
Very true but I have also opened up the grill opening as much as I could by adding the 500 insert and removing the restricted 350 piece. It was just a swap of plastic pieces

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350

Very true, but most of us threw out the factory vehicle attributes with the addition of forced induction Lol.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just wait for the Cervinis GT500 hood to come out. Hopefully soon! lol
I'm highly interested in getting one for my car at some point.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm no aero expert but i would think increasing hood ventilation would decrease lift but opening up the grill more would increase lift...

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Just wait for the Cervinis GT500 hood to come out. Hopefully soon! lol
I'm highly interested in getting one for my car at some point.
Exactly this. Been waiting myself, preorders open next month.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
why anybody try to put different than original body part on GT350 is beyond me. A whole point of GT350 it's uniqueness and mixing this car with other parts is to ruin it. Why don't you just buy GT500?

OP
OP
Jdown

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
why anybody try to put different than original body part on GT350 is beyond me. A whole point of GT350 it's uniqueness and mixing this car with other parts is to ruin it. Why don't you just buy GT500?
Because muscle cars have a shifter not paddles! That is the only reason why I didnt wait to get a GT500

Sponsored

CoolHandLuke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R (Chassis #LR001)
It's in the bodyshop now still work in progress at the moment. I'll definitely share pictures when done! Also repainting all the black on car to tuxedo black and putting real strips on it not that vinyl crap!
Hmmm. In the past, I've seen new sheetmetal from Ford stamped that poorly causing panel fitment issues. If your body shop will go for it, I'd order a second hood to double check although it's likely that you'll just get another hood from the same lot.

You could buy GT500 fenders if they're different than your car and the door gap still looks ok but then you'd be painting the hood, fenders and then blending the doors which is a lot of paintwork. Otherwise, there's nothing that can be done about that gap differential unless the tech attempts to bondo the hood and build up the edge to achieve matching radii between the two panels. I personally wouldn't do it. If you don't like the results (and you won't) it'll be too late to return the hood.

Good luck!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Exactly this. Been waiting myself, preorders open next month.
I'm in no rush as I want to get some other things first, but I do think that hood would look balls on our cars. I will probably get one eventually.
Let me know when you get it and post photos/comments.
Thanks!

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Because muscle cars have a shifter not paddles! That is the only reason why I didnt wait to get a GT500
Old muscle cars that couldn’t do anything other than go in a straight line sure did. Modern performance cars are proven to be faster with either the A10 or DCT7 in them. It’s no different than the old line of thought that muscle cars have to have carbs to make power or be tuned.

OP
OP
Jdown

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm. In the past, I've seen new sheetmetal from Ford stamped that poorly causing panel fitment issues. If your body shop will go for it, I'd order a second hood to double check although it's likely that you'll just get another hood from the same lot.

You could buy GT500 fenders if they're different than your car and the door gap still looks ok but then you'd be painting the hood, fenders and then blending the doors which is a lot of paintwork. Otherwise, there's nothing that can be done about that gap differential unless the tech attempts to bondo the hood and build up the edge to achieve matching radii between the two panels. I personally wouldn't do it. If you don't like the results (and you won't) it'll be too late to return the hood.

Good luck!
Thanks, the hood is composite the fenders are aluminum and the cost of buying 500 fenders is outrageous(over 1800) a side. I'm in process of tiging up the gap now. I have done this process on a few old aluminum bodied Jaguars in the past. It's just time consuming but I'm getting there

OP
OP
Jdown

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
Old muscle cars that couldn’t do anything other than go in a straight line sure did. Modern performance cars are proven to be faster with either the A10 or DCT7 in them. It’s no different than the old line of thought that muscle cars have to have carbs to make power or be tuned.
I do agree with you that the new auto trannys are much more efficient and faster shifting for sure hands down. For me it's just a personal preference
Sponsored