Sponsored

Here we go again. Knock knock who's there?

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
No one here has heard about other engines blowing up. And the GT500 DCT is completely different from the Focus. Ford really did screw themselves with that. The engineers told them it wasn’t ready for production and they put them in anyway, which is pretty dishonest. The OP is also the same guy that hates Ford so much that he keeps buying them in a masochistic manner.
Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Name one car manufacturer that is perfect? Even my Honda has issues. It is what it is. I think Ford is better than Mopar, and GM as far as quality goes.

Mulletdaddee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 06 mustang drift car
Where are these other 3 blown GT500s you speak of?? The video you posted is weeks old news already and since then I haven’t heard anything about other cases of such occurrences.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I agree with subby, nobody should desire this car. Let them draw dust at dealerships then after a year or so a few of us hardcore masochists will take one for the team and pick up one, or maybe even two on the cheap. Tell everyone you know and we can start this trend immediately.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Where are these other 3 blown GT500s you speak of?? The video you posted is weeks old news already and since then I haven’t heard anything about other cases of such occurrences.
I’m pretty sure we are getting trolled after the “I need a reliable car so I will sell my Ford and buy the cheapest Mercedes they sell” comment...

Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I’m pretty sure we are getting trolled after the “I need a reliable car so I will sell my Ford and buy the cheapest Mercedes they sell” comment...
A good friend on mine had a mercedes amg c63. It left him stranded multiple times and spent more time in the shop then a new car should. After a year he sold it and bought ford fusion and loved it. Not the same performance.m, but it worked. He loved getting to work on schedule and predictably

Horror stories exist across the board

Corvettes dropping valves
Ferrari brake and electrical failure always having to charge battery when stopped
Aston martins lemons
porsche gt3 engine failures and fires
Toyota prius brake issues

Iphones. Too many to list

etc etc

I guess OP will be living in a grass hut living off the land to avoid issues with modern products and technology

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
This was the point where I stopped reading:

“I've seen 4 new GT500's so far with blown engines....”

Troll. Ignore.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They are sexy as hell and I’m a German car guy but fuck that! I wanted a C63 but my two buddies with e63s couldn’t keep them out of the dealer service department. One ended up becoming a buy back. No way. And I’ve had a voodoo replaced.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Sorry to hear about your problems OP but I’ve been making 700+whp on a gen1 for years that was supposed to sling the rods out at 600.

Fords done alright by me.

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Oh I won't be. I even plan on trading my '07 which at 80k miles has so many problems I'll just be glad to be rid of it. Likely gonna turn to a new Mercedes, you can get a nice one for under 40k and I was offered 5k for my '07 turd. If my '18 doesn't sell outright by Spring, I plan on trading it for a new Harley and start riding again after not owning a bike for the past 20 years.
Talks about Ford being crap and says they’re going to buy a Harley and Mercedes in the same sentence... By all means, please leave as quickly as possible.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Read the comments below this video. Same "dude" as OP...

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe cars had the same amount of problems now as they did years ago. The difference, social media.... Its so easy to put a video out and "thousands" of people see and depending on the view you see one side.

That being said, your selling you GT because possibly 4 GT500s have engine problems?
I believe cars today have less problems than they did years ago. The difference is social media and it's a lot easier for people to post their cars with issues now than it ever has been. My dad bought a 1970 Z28 brand new and the motor blew on him driving home from work sitting in traffic with about 2K miles on it... Issues happen with all cars...

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5