Sponsored

Reliability of 5.2 with Whipple

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
what's the maintenance like with the whipple? i know with PC you have to change out the blower fluids. does the whipple have similar maintenance?
My 3.4 does on my 2007 (if I remember correctly 50K miles), I would assume the same for the newer models.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
what's the maintenance like with the whipple? i know with PC you have to change out the blower fluids. does the whipple have similar maintenance?
Its low maintenance. I believe instructions said change out oil every 75k - 100k miles. Besides that, just change out spark plugs and regular motor oil changes.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m torn. I would like to put the car on the track, but reality is I don’t think I’ll have the time to enjoy it anywhere other then the street. I have some time to decide. If it is going to hit the track I’m not touching the motor, the car has more then enough power to exceed my ability or comfort level at this point in life(not interested in wadding it).

Question: For those Whipple'd, does anyone road course / track them? Are you using for drag racing? Or just fun street driving.

I have a 2007 GT500 convertible with a 3.4 Whipple and love it for drag racing and street driving. Also, have GT350R and thinking to add FI but have not seen anyone post with FI on the track

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I’m torn. I would like to put the car on the track, but reality is I don’t think I’ll have the time to enjoy it anywhere other then the street. I have some time to decide. If it is going to hit the track I’m not touching the motor, the car has more then enough power to exceed my ability or comfort level at this point in life(not interested in wadding it).
Inthehighdesert, I agree for most tracks. FI or power adder is not needed. But, I have been on a few super speedways (Daytona, Charlotte) and the FI would help on those tracks.

But, it is a big expense also for 1 or 2 time a year.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
16’ GT350
Will @ RPG tuning in California did the build .
He has previously built me a predator type short block for my Hellion car.

Shipping the motor out and getting it back was a pain due to no fault of his (it’s just a pain shipping engines ) but Will is extraordinary in his customer service.
He also has a ton of experience building 5.2/flat pane or cross plane engines. I got a bit of deal as a repeat customer but his prices are very reasonable.
B8022C60-3614-4B8E-B133-27E8898A79BF.jpeg
A51FA54D-FBFE-4FB6-8B18-10896A01A75B.png
8DD5F6E8-C274-450F-AEFB-E57E526B722A.jpeg
Would you mind messaging me RPG Tunings contact info? I tried looking them up and could only find an RPG Off-road in SoCal but did find and RPG in Colorado.

Thx!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Britt

Britt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Hennessy
Hate to be a dick but you bought a GT350... Why are you even talking about reliability. The whipple is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

In all seriousness you kind of have to realize what youve stepped into. The entire point of the GT350, is that its a car that prioriterizes driving experience over everything else including reliability. The supercharger will add extra load to the snout of the crank on an engine thats already super sensative to engine harmonics and vibrations, is that a problem? Sure. but why do you even care?

You whippled it because speed and fun and bragging rights and attention trumps everything else... So say fuck it, grab your nuts and send it!

Worrying about gas mileage and reliabilty with a build like this is like asking if they sell wings at a strip club... Did you come to eat or see tits...
Thank you for your input and point of view. This post is to give us more information on the reliability of the whipple. There are people who want to bolt one on but have concerns. Hopefully this will help answer those reliability related questions .

Britt

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Got any accounts you can point to? Because I'm curious. And Whipples are probably (not that this is a criticism) the softest hitters down low of the PD lineup because of the twin screw. But shine up top.
It's not really about that and more about the primary and secondary shaking forces that are already high NA, made significantly worse with boost. My advice to anyone with a GT350 is to not touch the engine or anything directly mounted on the engine after seeing the results of the engines running on the dyno during development/validation.

Sponsored

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
I'm running 2019 GT350 5.2 Whipple and currently have 3800 miles without any issues. I will avrage about 10k miles a year. This is a daily driver and probably run it a little hard. I'm just curious if anyone is having any reliability issues.
20200102_103756.jpg
I also have 2019 gt350 running gen 5 whipple with whipple tune make 842rwhp and have 4000 miles on it with the supercharger. No issues so far. Definitely not afraid of pushing hard! Also upgraded to 10 rib belt system.

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
what supporting mods?
Just installed everything for stage 2 kit from whipple along with 10 rib belt upgrade, other than that stock. Got lucky buying a '19 that had the gen 2 upgrades from factory

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Just installed everything for stage 2 kit from whipple along with 10 rib belt upgrade, other than that stock. Got lucky buying a '19 that had the gen 2 upgrades from factory
no oil pump, crank gears?
You definitely should have upgraded your OPG and Crank Sprocket at a bare minimum for piece of mind while you were taking her under the knife anyway. Ford Performance offers billet OPG's for our GT350, so its safe to assume it hasn't been upgraded from the factory for any of the model years. It's relatively cheap insurance for your high horsepower investment. It's not too late, but will cost you a few extra hundred on labor due to the blower pieces being in the way. I personally would still get it done.....good luck :beer:
Sponsored