Finally got my 2020 Rapid Red GT PP1

KRS Fuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red PP1
We love our cars for other things they offer. If we focused only on these things, we’d go nuts. After all, for 2020, the bean counters reduced the power adjustment of the passenger seat from 6-way to 4-way.
Oh yes agreed. Id rather have an exciting car with a v8 and MT and good looks with questionable fit and finish than a more boring car with better finish. God bless the v8 engine lol
Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Beautiful car! I definitely wouldn't take it to the dealer to address that small gap. The fit and finish is not going to be perfect on any car. The more time your car spends at the dealer, the higher the chance of them causing more issues (inadvertent scratches on paint/leather, replacing engine cover with someone else's beat up one, beating on the engine when it's cold, etc).

Since I’m taking it back to fix the seat and the passenger door that’s buzzing, I decided to sit in the back seat to see if I could find the source of another creaking from the center console.

I don’t think this is the problem of the sound, but one side seems to have somewhat worn tabs. I don’t want to be the customer from hell, but I may bring this up on Monday too. Here are pics of the passenger (good) side and the drivers (bad) side.
1BF84D49-00F2-4AD9-9983-BF01D7F40485.jpeg
E9B8DAC7-229B-4C22-8305-D56EC08EDFB7.jpeg

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice ride - get it Clear Bra'd - X-pel'd - whatever - ASAP.

Color reminds me of my 2003 Redfire Cobra

Ha yes! I had a 03 Redfire Cobra too and thought the same thing!

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
beautiful car, and congrats on the new ride. Unfortunately the seat is the kind of thing you can expect from a ford vehicle these days. The panel gaps are just a given (its still made by the same person that makes a base model as well). My fully loaded focus ST had build quality issues, same issues as an $18k car and it was nearly $35k. My wifes $48k explorer has the same kind of stuff... its sad. BUT, you get a lot of car for the money with a mustang for sure. But its not a luxury car, even if they are priced like they are. I'm sure if you take care of it, it will make you happy as hell until time to move on to the next beautiful ride.

congrats again

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
851A8561-145B-4C79-95C8-520951CF72F0.jpeg
Nice car. Just finished doing black emblems and removing the “GT” on mine and replacing the front horse with a black one. Sides are easy with a heat gun and pry them off super carefully. If you’re lucky all the tape material will come off but 99% chance it’ll leave a mess behind and some isopropyl will take it off. Rear decklid cover comes off pretty easy and the emblem can come off by chiseling the little tabs on the backside that hold it. I just put a debadged one on mine. The front emblem has little retaining tabs on the back that hold it on but they are hard to get to so i just grabbed a large flat blade screwdriver and put a microfiber bunched up behind the leverage point and levered it off. Takes some effort but be careful and you won’t damage anything. New one double tapes on.
I'd like to get your opinion about Rapid Red. Would you say it is darker or lighter than Ruby Red?
I have a Ruby Red GT now and was going to get another one later this year. From your photos the Rapid Red looks almost identical to Ruby Red, but that all depends on lighting in photos.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
It’s definitely a shade lighter than Ruby Red and a bit more vibrant. Both are really nice.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manjinder
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT M6
I love the dark look of rapid red in the night time, can't wait for your daytime pics. I wanna see how it looks on a sunny day.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Firstly it is quite possible that the dealers have added the swirls in the paint by careless polishing. New car paint is pretty soft for a few weeks.

Running in - there are no voodoo mysteries - just do what it says in the manual per Ford recommendations. You don't have to change the oil at 275 miles and dance around a mushroom three times on one leg whilst blessing the new oil. The first drain will have metal in it and it is completely normal for all new engines.

Re the seat - it shouldn't look like that obviously but just carefully trim off the excess with a sharp blade. Not worth a trip to the dealer for that.

Nice colour very much like the old Ruby red which I almost had but went for Magnetic in the end
New car paint isn't soft at all. It's as hard as it'll ever be. Those were the old days when you couldn't wax your car for a few months.
It isn't only Ford with the crap paint. It's because the EPA forced the car mfgs to switch to water based paint.
I'm not too happy with it cause with just over 1K on my new Black baby, I picked up 2 nice rock chips on the hood. Figures, I got Xpel done on the front end and the hood gets chipped.

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I love the dark look of rapid red in the night time, can't wait for your daytime pics. I wanna see how it looks on a sunny day.
I’ll get better pics.

For now, it’s back at the dealership to fix the rattle in the passenger door and the passenger seat Upholstery issue. It’s bad enough that they “have to order parts” for the door. It looked like it wasn’t seated/snapped-in all the way and probably was way out of spec.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
New car paint isn't soft at all. It's as hard as it'll ever be. Those were the old days when you couldn't wax your car for a few months.
It isn't only Ford with the crap paint. It's because the EPA forced the car mfgs to switch to water based paint.
I'm not too happy with it cause with just over 1K on my new Black baby, I picked up 2 nice rock chips on the hood. Figures, I got Xpel done on the front end and the hood gets chipped.
This is a cautionary tale for all - that's why I had the entire front end, hood, a-pillars, mirrors, entire front fenders, rockers, and a big patch in front of the rear wheels, and gas door covered on my GT and RS.

That said, the RS has great paint (nitrous blue) - but its a quad coat and the best paint I've had in as long as I can remember. It's an anomaly for modern day cars.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So did you fix the items yourself or take the car to the dealer? How’s everything turn out?

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
So did you fix the items yourself or take the car to the dealer? How’s everything turn out?
Hi. So since I bought the car in January, 2020, it’s had the seat restitched, the APIM module replaced (I thinks that what it’s called) due to not recognizing Apple CarPlay, the C-pillar rattle padded inside the cover and the plastic surrounding the instrument cluster replaced because it was broken and sagging.

The downshifting clunkiness and acceleration hesitation issue was first addressed by a reflashing of the software, which didn’t fix it.

At this moment the car is at another dealership and has been there for 4 days and the service rep just called to say they think the transmission has a valve body issue. Hahahahaha.

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Coming from Acura’s and Audi’s this has been a really interesting experience as this is my first American car.
Sponsored