Trufiber customer service sucks :(

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
I don't like to shame companies; in the end, companies are made up of the people they employ but this post is more about company policy than any individual working for Trufiber and their policy sucks IMO.

2 month long story TL;DR - got into an accident. Filed an insurance claim, decided to do the work ourselves. Got the check. TF customer service sucks.

Ordered 2 new fiber glass fenders and a new fiber glass hood from Trufiber (before - stock fenders / anderson composites CF hood).

This was right around Christmas time and for Trufiber, this means that the order wouldn't be fulfilled until a week after the new year. Good on them for letting their employees take the holidays off.

Parts finally come - no mounting hardware for the hood. Call Trufiber - is it supposed to come with the striker for the hood? No. it must be taken off of the old hood and re-used.

Ok fine - the old hood is at a grandparents house in NY and we now live in FL. Call the local ford dealer - order a new striker.

Finally get the hood installed, new hinges from rock auto, fenders on - fitment wasn't great but what I expected from aftermarket parts - a mechanic friend and I spent a sunday getting everything to line up.

My buddy while installing the hood says - this hood was new, right? yeah - so far as i know. Then why are all the bolt holes corroded ?!? I don't know? Maybe it's not new?

Finally get the new striker from ford and realize i don't have bolts for it. Call TruFiber -

me: Can you just tell me what size bolt I need for the striker? I don't have the OG hood and need to get some.

TF: The hood should of come with mounting hardware. You need the original striker but it should of come with the bolts.

FML.

Me: Can you just tell me the bolt size so I can run to HD or whatever and get some bolts?

TF: No. I'll mail the hardware kit USPS.

Me: You can't overnight it UPS?

TF: No, that's not in our system.

Me: While we're talking about hardware, almost 2 years ago, I ordered a CF spoiler from you guys and it didn't come with the bolts either. Can you please check on your warehouse cause this is now the 2nd time I've received body panels with no hardware.

Regarding the corrosion on the bolt holes - was this hood new or? Why is there corrosion on the bolt holes?

TF: Well, that happens if the part has been sitting for a bit (i had the hood not 1 week before we installed it).

Me: I know, this is FL and i know the air is a little salty and corrosion tends to happen a bit faster down here but within 2 weeks?!? I'd like a partial refund as I don't believe the hood is new.

TF: No. I can't do that. I can give you a 10% discount on your next order.

Let me get this strait. It took 2 calls to find out the hood should of come with the mounting hardware. You can't / won't tell me the bolt size. 2nd order that this happened on. The hood is clearly not brand new. You can't over night the mounting hardware and I can't drive the car without the hood latched and you want to give me 10% off my next purchase with your company ?

What caused me to make this post was this 10% discount expires March 1st, 2020. This isn't american muscle where I could order anything from engine oil to a body panel; this is a body company where the average product price is in excess of $500 and you want me to make another purchase in < 1 month to get a measly 10% discount?

Moral of the story - Apparently if you order a hood or any body panel from TF - it must come with the hardware and IF IT DOESN'T you must reject the part - knowing it very well came via ground freight - because you may be missing a couple of bolts that are of undocumented size and origin.

I still think TF makes better parts than anderson composites (in my mind, these 2 are direct competitors) but what crappy service...
Sponsored