Using X plan just to lower dealer doc fee

Brian82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey everyone. So I have a ford X plan pin and i know it caps the dealer doc fees to 100- 200 bucks somewhere around there. Well what if you get a better deal negotiating with out using the x plan discount but the dealer charges a 700 dollar doc fee. My question is has anyone gotten the negotiated price and used their X plan just to knock down the doc fee to x plan doc fee? I am aware you are supposed to say you have a x plan as soon as you start negotiating but I though maby some of you have used this approach. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
My approach has been to tell them I have x-plan but I can get x-plan at any dealer, so what is the best they can do. I also tell them that I have a$2k cash deposit and I can buy right now if the price is acceptable. It usually works.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Not sure where you're buying it from, but some states have a max allowed doc fee. I believe NY is one of those an they cap it at $75, so you may want to check on that.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Hey everyone. So I have a ford X plan pin and i know it caps the dealer doc fees to 100- 200 bucks somewhere around there. Well what if you get a better deal negotiating with out using the x plan discount but the dealer charges a 700 dollar doc fee. My question is has anyone gotten the negotiated price and used their X plan just to knock down the doc fee to x plan doc fee? I am aware you are supposed to say you have a x plan as soon as you start negotiating but I though maby some of you have used this approach. Thank you in advance!
So you want to make them use the X Plan for doc fee but not pricing on the vehicle? Does not work that way.

That being said, the dealer can decide on the discounts however they want so it might be better than what X Plan would have been even with the increased doc fee.

OP
OP
Brian82

Brian82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks for the replys guys. Ok thats what i thought that the doc fee being capped has to be used with the x plan discount. I was thinking of shopping more towards Virginia where they have the 700 doc fee. They have a very limited selection here in western New York. Also they rarely have any good deals here. I usually buy out of state. Doc fee is pretty cheap here but looks like i will have to just do my best negotiating.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Thanks for the replys guys. Ok thats what i thought that the doc fee being capped has to be used with the x plan discount. I was thinking of shopping more towards Virginia where they have the 700 doc fee. They have a very limited selection here in western New York. Also they rarely have any good deals here. I usually buy out of state. Doc fee is pretty cheap here but looks like i will have to just do my best negotiating.
If you're going to Virginia, check out Koons Ford. They have the best pricing on the east coast for new cars and they have a shit tone of Mustangs.

OP
OP
Brian82

Brian82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you're going to Virginia, check out Koons Ford. They have the best pricing on the east coast for new cars and they have a shit tone of Mustangs.
I def will! Thank you

Laserbrain

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I did something like that.

I'm in MA, and the prices from Koons were very appealing.
MA has no cap on dealer doc fees, and they were originally $495. X-plan brought it down to $100.
I used a combination of X-plan and quotes from Koons to get the local dealer to play ball.
I really had to keep an eye on that doc fee, because every time they printed a new worksheet, the doc fee mysteriously jumped back to $495.

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
I used my X plan right when there was a $5000 rebate for end of year models, ended up paying way less for my Brand new car than the 1 year old used ones were on the lot
Sponsored