Sponsored

Anyone have a Speed Dawg shifter knob? Thoughts??

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
was looking at the shifter knobs offered by Speed Dawg (https://www.speeddawg.com/)

Anyone use one?

What are your thoughts?

How is the weight?

Does it get cold in winter?

Thanks
Frank
Sponsored

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
I have one on my Jeep. Nice shift knob. Never noticed it being cold. As far as weight I can't help since a Jeep shifter is way different.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
51190C69-8E52-4EE6-ADB6-3C42811F96AF.jpeg
I bought mine from Speed Dawg. I like it a lot. There are some tiny blemishes in the finish but you can only see them if you look real close. I mainly bought it from Speed Dawg due to their huge selection and being able to customize it to fit our model mustang with the reverse lockout.

i Bought it mainly for the color contrast and the larger diameter. I never weighed it but i don’t think its as heavy as the stock one. I don’t notice it being any colder then the stock of one, however I don’t drive it very much in the winter. Here is a picture of what I bought.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Looks cool.

What I have been told about aluminum knobs is that in the winter they get very cold and in the summer they get hot. You need driving gloves to use them until they acclimate. A resin knob like Speed Dawgs will not warm up or cool down as quickly and could be more comfortable to use in your colder or warmer days. So far that seems to be true from what is reported so far.
Sponsored